#1 Lake County at #2 Greenfield

Rascalflatt

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two teams aways seem to bring out the best in each other. When they play it is usually a dogfight to the end. I am going with LC,obviously, as I am an LC fan but It will be a close one. The lady falcons have been playing well lately in blowing out Union City, Trenton, Halls, Humboldt in district play. If they play with that intensity tonight should be ok but if not Greenfield will be ready to pull the upset. Come on lady falcons

These two teams aways seem to bring out the best in each other. When they play it is usually a dogfight to the end. I am going with LC,obviously, as I am an LC fan but It will be a close one. The lady falcons have been playing well lately in blowing out Union City, Trenton, Halls, Humboldt in district play. If they play with that intensity tonight should be ok but if not Greenfield will be ready to pull the upset. Come on lady falcons

I agree..Should be two good games tonight..Same for both teams.Better come out ready to play..Just want to confirm also that the game is at 6:30 for all the Lake Co fans that will be attending.Lake Co plays all their games at 6:00 ..Greenfield starts their games at 6:30 I believe..So the Lake Co people that come to our games early at 6:00..if they do that tonight..are going to be waiting a pretty good while..But yall can go on over to Wimpy's for a burger I guess.Good luck to both teams tonight.Should be a good game.Lake Co didn't push the ball against Greenfield the last time both teams played,but did against Humboldt,Union City etc.Anxious to see if Lake Co plays Greenfield style of ball or hopefully get a lead and run more.Or does Lake Co pull in the reins and play a zone for maybe the first half and maybe try to keep players out of foul trouble and then step things up in the second half by pressing and going man..

Edited by mrbigster

I dont feel good about this game, it could get ugly real quick. I'm hoping for a close called game with TT getting 3 fouls in the first quarter like last year but that wont happen. I am more incline to believe TT will have a big game and Lake County wins big.

Lake County 55

Greenfield 35

I still think Greenfield can be the #2 team in our region but we have got to get it together, Right now we are not very good consistently night after night.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

I dont feel good about this game, it could get ugly real quick. I'm hoping for a close called game with TT getting 3 fouls in the first quarter like last year but that wont happen. I am more incline to believe TT will have a big game and Lake County wins big.

Lake County 55

Greenfield 35

I still think Greenfield can be the #2 team in our region but we have got to get it together, Right now we are not very good consistently night after night.

I just don't see that happening at Greenfield.Greenfield has the athletes to not give Lake Co a lot of points off the press like a lot of teams do and also is going to play at their tempo,which they seem to do whenever they play Lake Co.We have looked very good lately,better than earlier in the year.I'm expecting a tough game at Greenfield.Don't see a 20 point game.I'm saying 10 and under and wouldn't surprise me if Greenfield came out to play and come away with a win,knowing that they are the only team to beat Liberty,thus in their minds,should be able to beat any team in single A.I think it's going to be a tough game.But if it's called close,no doubt it will benefit Greenfield the most.

Edited by mrbigster

As I said earlier these two seem to bring out the best in each other. The key tonight as it is every night was TT getting in foul trouble. The falcons had a 13 point lead I believe when she went to the bench with her 3rd foul and the Lady Jackets cut it to 3 before her return. Both teams played extremely hard and neither team should be disappointed in their effort. Falcons missed some FT's down the stretch that could have iced it as well. I have to take my hat off to Greenfield though they never quit and fought to the end.The Lady Jackets had some foul shots to possibly send it to a 3rd OT but couldn't connect. Overall a good road win over a very good team that will be beneficial come tourney time. Two big games next week as South Fulton and Bradfor come to Tiptonville on tuesday and Friday. good luck Lady Falcons

Lake Co. won 47-45 in double OT. It was a great game.

Congrats to both teams.Both teams played hard and just about every point was earned.I have no idea how Greenfield lost to a couple teams they did.Tonight must have been the team that beat Liberty..Now about the game and this is in no way any disrepect toward the Lady Jachets.Yall played hard tonight.Can see yall at the State with that kind of effort.But I'm wondering if Lake Co has the mentality or the coaching to really win a big game.Going to make a few mad but here goes..this game should have not gone to overtime.Would have been a close game and a squeaker but not overtime.At the half,Lake Co was winning by about 11 points.T.T. only had 1 foul. I went to the Greenfield side and talked to a friend and he said he thought Lake Co might pull away.I told him i thought it was going down to the wire.We talked about the officials,Fred and the official from Halls that has killed us several times this year, even then with Lake Co having a pretty good lead.Within 2 minutes T.T. picked up 2 quick fouls.With 6 minutes to play in the third quarter,Greenfield knew T.T. was going to the bench and it was a new ball game.Not saying she didn't foul.But Greenfield had crept within 6 points with about 3 minutes left in the 3rd quarter,Coach Johnson had T.T. back in the game because he knew the momentum had shifted.T.T. drove to the basket,did a spin move for a layup and didn't look to be any contact from T.T. or the Greenfield defender,and T.T. was called for a charge and the basket waved off.A minute later,Jordan Gailey came down and was called for a charge in what I thought was a make up call.Only difference was T.T. now had 4 fouls and Jordan 2.Now about the coaching and some of our players mentality..With about 11 seconds left to play,Lake Co had a 3 point lead.Same situation against Central about 3 weeks ago.Had we learned anything ? ..Greenfield has the ball,time is winding down..The little guard had the ball and passed to a girl wide open on the side..Made a shot at the buzzer.Unbelieveable.Great play call by the Greenfield coach and a great shot by the player.But now about the coaching.Why give a player a 3 pointer with seconds left.I heard the same thing tonight as I heard against Central.He told the player to not give them a 3 pointer.Well maybe he did..Maybe he told them that in the huddle.But still,that is where coaching at the end of a game comes in..Just like in the Central game..even if he did say not give them a 3..Central passed the ball to their big girl with about 4 seconds to play.Should have fouled then.The coach should have been standing up shouting foul..but Lake Co let her pass to an open team mate for a 3 pointer and we went to overtime and lost that game.Foul the big girl when she had the ball and even if she makes both,we win by a point.Same thing tonight..Greenfield had the ball.About 3 seconds left and the guard had the ball at the top of the key.I figured the coach would be up shouting instructions.foul the little guard when she had the ball with about 3 seconds.She makes both,still win by a point.But once again..an open 3 pointer at the buzzer.Nothing but net.Then another critical call.Lake Co is up by 2 points with about 3 seconds left.The Greenfield player missed the first free throw.Naturally she was going to have to miss the second.She missed and a wild scramble for the ball.Fred called a foul of Shamone with 1 second remaining.Said she grabbed a Greenfield players wrist while they all were on the floor.You don't call that with a second left.Not like Shamone fell on her.They were all scrambling for the ball.Two free throws later,another overtime but now Shamone had fouled out on the play .and then about the mentality..Lake Co had a tie game in the overtimes..Lake Co had the ball..Maybe about 35 or 40 seconds left..Look for a good shot.One of the players shot about a 30 footer that Lake Co was just fortunate to get the rebound.Players have to know better than to shoot a shot like that but the coach has got to be telling them things once out of the huddle.Anyway..This wasn't intended to downplay Greenfield or Lake Co.Both teams played hard.Greenfield looks like a top 5 team to me personally.If Lake Co wants to get to State,there are going to be close games in the region,substate..etc..Better get all the players and coaches on the same page because it's going to be tough anyway.Maybe a loss tonight would have helped.Neither team deserved to lose as far as effort.

As I said earlier these two seem to bring out the best in each other. The key tonight as it is every night was TT getting in foul trouble. The falcons had a 13 point lead I believe when she went to the bench with her 3rd foul and the Lady Jackets cut it to 3 before her return. Both teams played extremely hard and neither team should be disappointed in their effort. Falcons missed some FT's down the stretch that could have iced it as well. I have to take my hat off to Greenfield though they never quit and fought to the end.The Lady Jackets had some foul shots to possibly send it to a 3rd OT but couldn't connect. Overall a good road win over a very good team that will be beneficial come tourney time. Two big games next week as South Fulton and Bradfor come to Tiptonville on tuesday and Friday. good luck Lady Falcons

You're right.With T.T on the floor Lake Co can beat most anyone.But things are going to get tough in the tournaments and you know as well as I do that we never know when foul trouble is going to spell doom.I added a little more..some may not like it but for people that really know..it's the truth..Even if a coach tells the team certain things in the huddle and he may have..need to be up shouting at critical moments .Should have fouled and it never goes to overtime.Anyway..A good win over a quality team.Jordan Gailey is a player as well as a couple more of the Greenfield players.They have 3 very good players and overall a good blend to go with them.I still think they are the 2nd best team in the district and believe it will show when the season ends,..and just may win at the right time.Better beware of these Lady Jackets if they come to play.