#1 Lake County at #2 Greenfield

Rascalflatt

I agree with you about fred.I also heard we had the official from Halls that called the critical 4th foul on a ghost charge against T.T.in the Central game.I didn't make it to the game last night but heard it was a good one.By reading Bigster's post I'm not surprised.I've seen games go to overtime that shouldn't have.I wrote about the same thing.Coach Johnson seems like a nice guy but his coaching at the end of close games leaves a lot to be desired.Can't believe he didn't foul that girl from Central that night .A win for sure.Then to read the post by Bigster and it happened again last night.Not sure if Lake Co can win the whole thing.They have the talent but the main 3 players have to stay on the floor and the coach has to coach until the very end.Not with 20 seconds to play.Needs to be telling them to foul.Looks like I missed a good one though.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster,

T.T.'s 4th foul was most definitely a charge. The coach even jumped her over her poor decision. His words were "when you are out of control, they will call a charge." I was sitting right next to your coach. That is what he said and it is true. Our player had position, and T.T. went in out of control and definitely made contact. I mean she did not tackle her, but it was definitely the right call. We have been saying it for 3 years. T.T. is an amazing athlete, but until she learns to play in control, she will continue to get those fouls. A reason why her fouls seem to come in bunches is probably because she gets frustrated.

Bigster,

T.T.'s 4th foul was most definitely a charge. The coach even jumped her over her poor decision. His words were "when you are out of control, they will call a charge." I was sitting right next to your coach. That is what he said and it is true. Our player had position, and T.T. went in out of control and definitely made contact. I mean she did not tackle her, but it was definitely the right call. We have been saying it for 3 years. T.T. is an amazing athlete, but until she learns to play in control, she will continue to get those fouls. A reason why her fouls seem to come in bunches is probably because she gets frustrated.

I was right beside the coach also so evidently you have changed your user name on here.I was just up one row from you as you were keeping the Greenfield stats.Didn't know you had changed your user name when I spoke to you.It wasn't a charge and that's why T.T. looked at him in amazement.I looked at some of the Greenfield fans and some of them were laughing..Then like GC Pioneer said..Fred came over and smiled and talked to T.T.'s grandmoter ,saying.When she spin she brushed against the Greenfield player.Then said ,I bet yall wasn't saying much when the Greenfield player was called for the charge.And Ward called that in what I thought was a make up call.I guess those were good calls by Fred at the end of the game.Call a foul with 4 seconds left and I could live with that..but to call a foul with 1 second to play in overtime and a lot of players were on the floor going for a loose ball.Anyway..Not a knock on the Lady Jackets.They played hard.A tough loss for either team.As for T.T.She does play out of control at times but I'm convinced that some officials don't like her antics.I 'm not sure Lake Co would win the district tournament with the officials from this area.At least,hopefully win the first game..then we are in the region even if Lake Co were to lose in the 2nd round or the championship.Just would play a tougher team in the regional but I'd like our chances,even if we were a number 4 seed and with Memphis officials in the region.They shouldnt be biased toward either team.Like I said.I went and talked to Mr.Porter at the half.Told him then with Lake Co having a 13 point lead,was going to go to the wire.I knew that because of the officials that were doing the game.Congrats to Greenfield..Yall can go to the state if yall play hard like that the rest of the way.A fine team.Coach for the Jackets did a great job also.Lake Co has South Fulton next week and they have a really good young player.Then Bradford..Bradford worries me more than South Fulton does.They match up with us athletic wise.Street has the speed to stay with T.T. and like Greenfield,has the players to not allow some things that Lake Co can do to other teams.

Edited by mrbigster

Sometimes those refs smile because the crazy things the fans say are just down right funny.

Every fan thinks they can ref these games. I say go get a uniform and run up and down the court. I am not saying that there are not bad calls. Of course there are, but every time we see a Lake Co. loss or close win we hear about some bad calls by the refs. Of course it is always followed or preceded by the phrase "no disrespect" to whatever team the opponent happens to be.

99 out of 100 times that a player goes into the lane out of control they will get called for a charge. Mark it down. It is the way it is. When T.T. realizes this and proves that she can alter her game, she will really be a good player.

Great win Lake Co, and I loved the effort out of the Jackets. I believe these are the 2 best teams in the district.

Sometimes those refs smile because the crazy things the fans say are just down right funny.

Every fan thinks they can ref these games. I say go get a uniform and run up and down the court. I am not saying that there are not bad calls. Of course there are, but every time we see a Lake Co. loss or close win we hear about some bad calls by the refs. Of course it is always followed or preceded by the phrase "no disrespect" to whatever team the opponent happens to be.

99 out of 100 times that a player goes into the lane out of control they will get called for a charge. Mark it down. It is the way it is. When T.T. realizes this and proves that she can alter her game, she will really be a good player.

Great win Lake Co, and I loved the effort out of the Jackets. I believe these are the 2 best teams in the district.

I will agree with you on that..These are the best two teams in the district.Just like the win over Liberty..Greenfield can beat any single a team in the stste if they play hard like last night.Both teams missed shots and had opportunities but every point was hard to come by.Randolf and Mullins and Carnation were really battling down low.Can't fault the effort from any of the players.As for your comment,about every time a loss or a close game..followed by no disrepect..I tell things like it is..Everyone knows me..I talked about our coaching..and I know everyone from Lake Co knows me,including the coach.Not hiding behind my name.Didn't change my name and maybe try to type something as someone else.At least you finally did say T.T. could be a good player.A lot of people are againstor look down on Lake Co as a whole including fans from other towns and the officials..That's just the perception of Lake Co.Naturally you think it was a charge because you have been against T.T. for the past 2 years yourself.I remember a lot of negative posts about Lake Co and T.T.when you were Huffstedler,saying she wasn't that good while others were saying T.T. was the best..Even some of your own Greenfield fans disagred with you.So..I can see that you thought the charge was a good call with you keeping the stats and announcing for Greenfield and considering some of your old posts.But again..like you said..naturally we are going to always say No disrespect to Greenfield..That's right.No disrespect.They have a fine team.Can beat anyone.But with T.T. on the floor,not sure if the game stays in Single digits.But who knows..Maybe next time Jordan Gailey will pick up 4 fouls early in the 3rd quarter.Like to see how Greenfield responds and what you write after the game..Good luck the rest of the way.I really hpe Greenfield and Lake Co are the two teams that make it to State.A tough road ahead though.

Edited by mrbigster

I will agree with you on that..These are the best two teams in the district.Just like the win over Liberty..Greenfield can beat any single a team in the stste if they play hard like last night.Both teams missed shots and had opportunities but every point was hard to come by.Randolf and Mullins and Carnation were really battling down low.Can't fault the effort from any of the players.As for your comment,about every time a loss or a close game..followed by no disrepect..I tell things like it is..Everyone knows me..I talked about our coaching..and I know everyone from Lake Co knows me,including the coach.Not hiding behind my name.Didn't change my name and maybe try to type something as someone else.At least you finally did say T.T. could be a good player.A lot of people are againstor look down on Lake Co as a whole including fans from other towns and the officials..That's just the perception of Lake Co.Naturally you think it was a charge because you have been against T.T. for the past 2 years yourself.I remember a lot of negative posts about Lake Co and T.T.when you were Huffstedler,saying she wasn't that good while others were saying T.T. was the best..Even some of your own Greenfield fans disagred with you.So..I can see that you thought the charge was a good call with you keeping the stats and announcing for Greenfield and considering some of your old posts.But again..like you said..naturally we are going to always say No disrespect to Greenfield..That's right.No disrespect.They have a fine team.Can beat anyone.But with T.T. on the floor,not sure if the game stays in Single digits.But who knows..Maybe next time Jordan Gailey will pick up 4 fouls early in the 3rd quarter.Like to see how Greenfield responds and what you write after the game..Good luck the rest of the way.I really hpe Greenfield and Lake Co are the two teams that make it to State.A tough road ahead though.

I am not going to get into a spat with you over this. I just find it very funny is all. I have never seen Lake Co. get beat or even when a close game and not complain about the refs. That is all. Take it for what it is worth. Also, my comments about T.T. were never that she was bad. I just thought she had a ways to go to become what Lake Co. was billing her as. The potential has always been there.

Let me be the the first to say I was wrong about this game, very good game last night by both teams. Greenfield never gave up and played realy hard. Emily Allen played very well and would get my game ball for breaking the Lake County press and doing so many little things that go unnoticed, if we play like that we can go a long way. Greenfield controls their own destiny, the next two games are even more important than last nights game. If we take care of business and beat Bradford and Union City then we can end up in the #2 spot. Lake County and Greenfield are the best two teams in our region and I hope it plays out that away.

Lake County is a really good team when TT is on the floor but you saw what happened last night with TT on the bench. Lake County's 13 point lead dropped to 3 in about two minutes and Lake County was forced to put TT back in. Once TT picked up her 4th foul the momentum shifted to Greenfield and TT was forced to not play her style of game. I was surprised that TT continued to guard Jordan with 4 fouls. I was hoping Jordan would carry the ball right at TT everytime down the court. If we could have fouled TT out theres no doubt in my mind who would have won the game. TT was a good floor general throughout the rest of the game and she realized I can not foul out if we want to win this game. Lake County has the team that could win the Gold Ball this year and next year as well.

Lake County is a better team when the referees let them play and TT has the freedom to play her game and be aggressive but when TT and Lake County can win games like last night when things take them out of their game it shows they are maturing and ready to make a run at that Gold Ball. I'd love to see Lake County/Greenfield game three more times,

Greenfieldfan good summary of the game as well. If the Greenfield team that showed up last night will bring it consitently they will win alot of b-ball games down the stretch. I think the LC fans are just frustrated about officiating in general b/c of the inconsisitency we seem to get. True TT tried to force the issue on the charging call but did pull up and spin with very little contact but was called for charge. About to plays earlier an LC player was called for a block when she was set and there was alot more contact. At times it seems the officials make a point to call a charge on TT and I joked last night that she gets off the bus with a foul on her. This game had the feel of a district or regional championship game and was a great one for the fans. On the bright side LC an in particular TT and Shamone did a good job playing 2 overtimes with 4 fouls and not fouling out. Shamone picked her last one up with 1.3 seconds left on a call that usually isn't made. Overall big win by LC and great effort from Greenfield.

Let me be the the first to say I was wrong about this game, very good game last night by both teams. Greenfield never gave up and played realy hard. Emily Allen played very well and would get my game ball for breaking the Lake County press and doing so many little things that go unnoticed, if we play like that we can go a long way. Greenfield controls their own destiny, the next two games are even more important than last nights game. If we take care of business and beat Bradford and Union City then we can end up in the #2 spot. Lake County and Greenfield are the best two teams in our region and I hope it plays out that away.

Lake County is a really good team when TT is on the floor but you saw what happened last night with TT on the bench. Lake County's 13 point lead dropped to 3 in about two minutes and Lake County was forced to put TT back in. Once TT picked up her 4th foul the momentum shifted to Greenfield and TT was forced to not play her style of game. I was surprised that TT continued to guard Jordan with 4 fouls. I was hoping Jordan would carry the ball right at TT everytime down the court. If we could have fouled TT out theres no doubt in my mind who would have won the game. TT was a good floor general throughout the rest of the game and she realized I can not foul out if we want to win this game. Lake County has the team that could win the Gold Ball this year and next year as well.

Lake County is a better team when the referees let them play and TT has the freedom to play her game and be aggressive but when TT and Lake County can win games like last night when things take them out of their game it shows they are maturing and ready to make a run at that Gold Ball. I'd love to see Lake County/Greenfield game three more times,

I'll agree with everything you said.I'd love to see Lake Co-Greenfield 3 more times as well.I sure wish somehow things work out and both teams could go.I'd like both our teams chances as well as anyones.Yalls guards did do a good job overall but I really like Jordan.Goes about her business,plays hard..known her for awhile and I guess that helps a little .Would love to see her go out at the State also.I believe Bradford is a team that is going to give us a test.Not matter their record,or how they play..they just seem to match up with Lake Co pretty well.When Shamone fouled out,I wasnt sure about getting a win..Mullins didn't score as well last night but was really battling,helping or collasping on Carnation when she has the ball.Lake Co is going to have to have Tiana or Brooke or Shasta hitting from outside to help keep that from happening.Randoldh plays hard but would have trouble holding Carnation down low with her speed.Many feel Carnation is the player that makes Lake Co go.Someone heard the coaces radio show and think yalls coach said Carnation to him was the key to Lake Co's team.Anyway..both teams have some very good players.Union City still has Lake Co.Greenfield still has a key game with Bradford.That could be the key game for Greenfield.Win that game and I believe they'll beat Union City for the 2 spot when they play heads up.I agree,after watching the teams last night..these are the best two teams.If Greenfield plays like they are capable..can beat anyone.

I am not going to get into a spat with you over this. I just find it very funny is all. I have never seen Lake Co. get beat or even when a close game and not complain about the refs. That is all. Take it for what it is worth. Also, my comments about T.T. were never that she was bad. I just thought she had a ways to go to become what Lake Co. was billing her as. The potential has always been there.

Me either.We spatted last year or the year before.No big deal.Greenfield has a very good team and if they play like last night,can go a long way.Can't fault the effort from either team.

Have a little faith Greenfieldfan,the Lake Co.-Greenfield saga is playing out a lot like Middleton-Scotts Hill did last season,with Middleton winning the first game big,and the second by around 10 not many gave our girls a shot come tourney'time.Big mistake as the dist. championship went to Scotts Hill in a real dogfight,being within 3 or 4 either way all game,and the region championship too,a little easier that time.The teams remind me of those two also,as Middleton was very quick and athletic,as is L.C. and S.H. more fundamentialy sound while still being athletic enough to counter the other teams speed,as I see G'field.Not saying that guarantees them a win next time they face,just don't sell em' short!