Former East Tennessee Schools

rollredroll

On 1/27/2011 at 5:07 PM, HTV said:

Actually, going back even before South-Young were South High and Young High.

South High went by the Rockets, red and white if memory serves, and Young High was the Yellow Jackets, and they were orange and black, again if memory serves.

South and Young merged in to a new building in, and I believe this is correct, in the 1976-1977 school year. They were the Trojans.

Don't remember what year South-Young and Doyle merged to become South Doyle. There are still some bad feelings from some Young High grads that their name was left completely off of the new school.

Doyle, as you said, were the Pioneers and were red and possibly gold?

Holston went by Warriors, and were blue and gold, again if memory serves.

Rule was light blue and gold.

If I'm not mistaken, South-Young and Doyle merged for the 1991-1992 school year. 1990-1991 was the final year that Rule High School was open, I believe.

It's been several years since I drove past it, but the Rule High School building was still standing, as well as their football  stadium and scoreboard. I guess most students that would've gone to Rule ended up at Knoxville West or Austin East.

21 minutes ago, AFoster9482 said:

If I'm not mistaken, South-Young and Doyle merged for the 1991-1992 school year. 1990-1991 was the final year that Rule High School was open, I believe.

It's been several years since I drove past it, but the Rule High School building was still standing, as well as their football  stadium and scoreboard. I guess most students that would've gone to Rule ended up at Knoxville West or Austin East.

Rule High's Golden Bear Stadium about 5 years ago: