Wartburg is in good hands!

Guest me2

I was on my way home from work last night & tuned in to hear the Wartburg Sunbright basketball games. What I heard for pre game was an interview with our new head football coach Rodney Ellison. I must admit it was nice to be talking the real mans sport of football during basketball season. I really liked the way Coach represented himself during the interview. He talked good about our community, our fan base, our schools, our county as a whole & most importantly our young men that play for him. I already thought he was a good football coach by the product he has on the field but now I truly respect him as a man & leader of our young men.

I want to point out a few things I was happy to hear.

#1 he said he is still going to be the offensive coordinator & handle the playcalling responsabilities. Can I give an A men to that lol. That offense was amazing the best in school history if I'm not mistaken.

#2 he pointed out that he wants to hire a great staff around him. Thats a good sign that he knows he has to have good help in order to make this thing work.

& finally #3. He mentioned that in order to build this thing into a consistant power he is putting more of an emphasis on the Junior Varsity program. I believe he said he has a full schedule of 8 games for them. That is awesome. That made me think that he is planning on being here a long time.

I was also glad to see the Knoxville paper give us some good coverage on that.

We are lucky to have him & I want to wish him good luck. Go Dawgz

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wartburg Football Schedule

Aug. 19 @ Cumberland Gap

Aug. 26 vs Pigeon Forge

Sep. 2 @ Oneida

Sep. 9 vs Greenback

Sep. 16 @ Oakdale

Sep. 23 @ Harriman

Sep. 30 @ Coalfield

Oct. 14 vs Jellico (HC)

Oct. 21 vs Oliver Springs

Oct. 28 vs Sunbright

I hope the dogs have a good off season. This non district schedule looks pretty tough! As a matter of fact, the whole darn thing doesn't look easy!

• 3 weeks later...

What ever came of the QB Wartburg had this past season. You know the guy a few of the bulldog nation hailed as the second coming of Peyton Manning. Did he sign anywhere?

We never compared him to Manning, he runs better than that!!!! Seriously, Haven't heard of any signings for any of the Dawgs.

• 1 month later...

I heard that Ellison had applied for a job at Clinton! Is there any truth to that?

That seems to be a head scratcher! Does not sound like he is planning on staying very long :roflol:

Coalfield will be back on top soon bank on it :thumb:

He did not apply. They posted the list of applicants in the paper.

His name is not there. "Ye prolley scratchin your head cause ye got the head lice feller!!"

Jacket what do you mean get back on top you guys won the district & should be every bit as good this year. I hate to say that.

What is going on this spring for my dawgs? scrimmages? When does practice start?

we cant wait to be them puppys. i here there is bunch of kids not playing for new puppy coach. is this true? that coach needs to get some off lessons from are coach stephens.

I think Coach Ellison's offence put up 41 points last year when Wartburg destroyed sunbright 41-21. Looks like coach stephens might want to come and set in on one of Coach Ellison's offencive sesions. Oh and by the way did you injoy watching Wartburg show you how a real spread offence is run. Players quiting I don't think so everyone wants to play for a winning program.