No National Anthem at Huntland!--

MCis4me

At Tuesday's game between Huntland and Moore County, Huntland's announcer comes on the PA and states the kid who usually sings the National Anthem wasn't there so they just wouldn't have it. THIS IS PATHETIC!!!! There is NO excuse for this! We have so many people that have risked and given their lives for the rights we have today and to not play our National Anthem and blow it off like its no big deal is unesxcusable.

At Tuesday's game between Huntland and Moore County, Huntland's announcer comes on the PA and states the kid who usually sings the National Anthem wasn't there so they just wouldn't have it. THIS IS PATHETIC!!!! There is NO excuse for this! We have so many people that have risked and given their lives for the rights we have today and to not play our National Anthem and blow it off like its no big deal is unesxcusable.

It may have been a last minute situation where he couldn't show up and they had no replacement ready to go so they might not have been able to do it...But I think it is something that should be done before every start of the ball games!

It may have been a last minute situation where he couldn't show up and they had no replacement ready to go so they might not have been able to do it...But I think it is something that should be done before every start of the ball games!

If no one person would volunteer,maybe the announcer should have asked the entire audiance to participate?I believe that,though it might not be the most melodious it'd ever been performed,it would have been done out of respect to the flag,the nation,and those who defend them.

Here's a couple of solutions if the situation ever arises again:

1. Always have a back-up copy on cd, cassette, mp3 (whatever your music source is) of the Anthem that you can use if the singer (s) doesn't show up.

2. Short of anything else, if there are no singers present, at least have the crowd stand and salute the flag and recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

A couple of years ago this same thing happened at our county football jamboree and there was no Anthem or Pledge. I've learned that you need to be prepared just in case!!!

1. Always have a back-up copy on cd, cassette, mp3 (whatever your music source is) of the Anthem that you can use if the singer (s) doesn't show up.

2. Short of anything else, if there are no singers present, at least have the crowd stand and salute the flag and recite the Pledge of Allegiance.

A couple of years ago this same thing happened at our county football jamboree and there was no Anthem or Pledge. I've learned that you need to be prepared just in case!!!

I didn't think schools do the pledge anymore because of the "one nation under God" phrase. Which is the ridiculous to say the least!

Excellent solutions. I have a daughter in High School and one in Middle, and we've actually seen this at two away games this year. At the HS game, staff from the school actually perused the crowd on both sides looking for volunteers to sing (no takers), and no anthem or pledge was performed.... it felt VERY strange.

At the Middle School game, the announcer simply stated that their cd/ mp3 was malfunctioning and he led the crowd in the 'Pledge of Allegiance.' It actually felt pretty good to be able to participate with all the fans from both sides in a show of our National Pride.

I agree. We've done that at Forrest before when there were technical difficulties with the laptop. :thumb:

If no one person would volunteer,maybe the announcer should have asked the entire audiance to participate?I believe that,though it might not be the most melodious it'd ever been performed,it would have been done out of respect to the flag,the nation,and those who defend them.