State Duals Results

bbb

At the TSSAA State Duals today in Franklin, Baylor and Father Ryan easily won D-II quarterfinal matches and meet tonight (7:30 p.m. EST) in one semifinal match.

The duals are being held at the Williamson County Ag Expo Park at exit 61 on I-65.

Team Results: tssaa.org has all team results in D-I A/AA, D-I AAA and D-II.

Live Scoring: ncwaonline.com ... click on NWCA Stat Tracker ... click on High School Live Scores ... go to TN (for Tennessee) and that will list each match.

Tickets: $8 for Friday sessions and $10 for Saturday.

Championship Finals: Saturday at 7:30 p.m. EST for D-I A/AA, D-I AAA and D-II, while the D-II Small School Invitational finals is at 5 p.m.

In the other bracket, McCallie vs. Briarcrest and Christian Brothers vs. MBA are set for a 5:30 p.m. quarterfinals start with the winners meeting in the 7:30 p.m. semis.

Baylor stopped Brentwood Academy, 68-6 and Ryan defeated St. Benedict, 63-6.

Ryan is the D-II defending champ, but Baylor, the state's top-ranked team, won this year's match on Dec. 31.

In D-I A/AA, Hixson defeated Sycamore, 60-24, in a match that lasted less than 45 minutes.

Quick Work: Twelve of the 14 weights were determined by a fall, with the other two matches as forfeit wins for Hixson at 135 and 140.

D-I AAA, Round of 16:

Soddy Daisy defeated Cordova, 64-10, Science Hill stopped Blackman, 36-27,

Clarksville defeated Heritage, 55-15 and Independence eased past Hardin Valley, 62-3.

Quarters: In tonight's quarters, Science Hill meets Clarksville and Soddy Daisy meets Independence.

D-I A/AA, Quarters: Chattanooga Central defeated Stone Memorial and Hixson defeated Sycamore.

Central and Hixson meet in a semis match at 7:30 p.m. with the winner advancing to Saturday night's final. Hixson is the No.1 seed and two-time defending state duals champ.

The Pounders defeated Hixson in December at the Vandergriff Duals final.

contact B.B. Branton at william.branton@comcast.net

info posted earlier ...

Hixson 60

Sycamore 24

every match was a fall except one forfeit match done in less than 45 minutes

update at 5:40 EST

Baylor 68

Brentwood Acad 6

Father Ryan 63

St. Benedict 6

Edited by bbb

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cordova, Hardin Valley and Heritage all had a tough/weak showing in the first round.

There has to be a better way to put the best 16 teams in the brackets, other than geographical winners.

5:30 Results - D-II Quarters

McCallie 65

Briarcrest 12