Lake County at Middleton

Greenfieldfan

Figured there'd be something on this one posted by now.With Middleton having been taken to OT last night,and stylewise being tailor-made to play to Lake Countys' strengths I think the Lady Falcons have the potential to win big tonight,but everytime I have doubts about Middleton they prove that they have the heart to play with anyone.

Went to the boys site,and plenty of banter on that game,why no results on here?Bigster,where are you?

Lake Co didn't run tonight.Won 43-41.Really surprised by that.Both teams seemed to settle for posting up to the basket with Middleton and a couple of their big girls and Carnation for Lake Co.Pretty much reminded me of a Lake Co-Greenfield game.Carnation and T.T. were pretty much the do it all for Lake Co tonight.Shamone played ok but nothing greta.We got hammered several times in both games and thought we were going to have to get mugged to get a foul called.Lake Co led 17-4 at the start of the game and once again,T.T. got 3 quick fouls and had to sit and Middleton made a run behind their big girl and #4.Number 4 went to the line a pretty good bit and made all of them and got Middleton back in the game.Shamone got in foul trouble as well and had to sit a lot.The other 3 or 4 that played ,should have just stayed on the bus.Don't think we hit any 3's and a lot of times,nobody looked to shoot.Middleton didn't quit and they do have some height.Middleton hit about 6 free throws in the past minute and the last 2 were by number 4 with about 8 seconds left.Lake Co drove to the othe rend and T.T. hit a shot with 2 seconds left to win the game.She had some moves tonight that looked like the Middleton defender was going to break an ankle.Lake Co pretty well led this game all the way from start to finish,never under 10 points until the last quarter and Lake Co was called for several fouls and with the clock stopped,Middleton scored about 8 points.But Congrats to Middleton.they didn't quit .And their crowd gave them a big ovation at the end of the game.And should have .They played hard.

Edited by mrbigster

Lake Co didn't run tonight.Won 43-41.Really surprised by that.Both teams seemed to settle for posting up to the basket with Middleton and a couple of their big girls and Carnation for Lake Co.Pretty much reminded me of a Lake Co-Greenfield game.Carnation and T.T. were pretty much the do it all for Lake Co tonight.Shamone played ok but nothing greta.We got hammered several times in both games and thought we were going to have to get mugged to get a foul called.Lake Co led 17-4 at the start of the game and once again,T.T. got 3 quick fouls and had to sit and Middleton made a run behind their big girl and #4.Number 4 went to the line a pretty good bit and made all of them and got Middleton back in the game.Shamone got in foul trouble as well and had to sit a lot.The other 3 or 4 that played ,should have just stayed on the bus.Don't think we hit any 3's and a lot of times,nobody looked to shoot.Middleton didn't quit and they do have some height.Middleton hit about 6 free throws in the past minute and the last 2 were by number 4 with about 8 seconds left.Lake Co drove to the othe rend and T.T. hit a shot with 2 seconds left to win the game.She had some moves tonight that looked like the Middleton defender was going to break an ankle.

Just goes to show you that you(I)can't always figure how a game will unfold,I'd have bet on this one being a track meet.Middletons' strength is creating chaos and running,although they do look good feeding the post.Maybe Scotts Hills' size dictates that they'd rather run against us?Two very athletic teams,Middletons home floor,but taken to OT last night,close for a reason I guess,but I had a feeling L.C. might win bigger.Good win for the Lady Falcons(and the guys),it's not easy to go to Middleton and win one,much less two.

Just goes to show you that you(I)can't always figure how a game will unfold,I'd have bet on this one being a track meet.Middletons' strength is creating chaos and running,although they do look good feeding the post.Maybe Scotts Hills' size dictates that they'd rather run against us?Two very athletic teams,Middletons home floor,but taken to OT last night,close for a reason I guess,but I had a feeling L.C. might win bigger.Good win for the Lady Falcons(and the guys),it's not easy to go to Middleton and win one,much less two.

A tough place to play and a tough win.Middleton can beat a lot of teams if they handle the ball well because of their height.May have been good for Lake Co to have lost tonight to a Single aA team to get hungry for the tournaments. Two or 3 players isn't going to get it done.

Edited by mrbigster

Even though this was an ugly win it was a good game for the Lake Co. team. They did not shoot well but found a way to win. This is how some games are gonna unfold during tournaments. Learn to face adversity and the girls prevailed in a hostile environment against a quality foe. With Fulton City coming up and a 1st rd. game against Halls the Lady Falcons needed a test.

Lake Co didn't run tonight.Won 43-41.Really surprised by that.Both teams seemed to settle for posting up to the basket with Middleton and a couple of their big girls and Carnation for Lake Co.Pretty much reminded me of a Lake Co-Greenfield game.Carnation and T.T. were pretty much the do it all for Lake Co tonight.Shamone played ok but nothing greta.We got hammered several times in both games and thought we were going to have to get mugged to get a foul called.Lake Co led 17-4 at the start of the game and once again,T.T. got 3 quick fouls and had to sit and Middleton made a run behind their big girl and #4.Number 4 went to the line a pretty good bit and made all of them and got Middleton back in the game.Shamone got in foul trouble as well and had to sit a lot.The other 3 or 4 that played ,should have just stayed on the bus.Don't think we hit any 3's and a lot of times,nobody looked to shoot.Middleton didn't quit and they do have some height.Middleton hit about 6 free throws in the past minute and the last 2 were by number 4 with about 8 seconds left.Lake Co drove to the othe rend and T.T. hit a shot with 2 seconds left to win the game.She had some moves tonight that looked like the Middleton defender was going to break an ankle.Lake Co pretty well led this game all the way from start to finish,never under 10 points until the last quarter and Lake Co was called for several fouls and with the clock stopped,Middleton scored about 8 points.But Congrats to Middleton.they didn't quit .And their crowd gave them a big ovation at the end of the game.And should have .They played hard.

No surprise the younger girls struggled....maybe the most hostile environment they will play in this year!!!! Great win by any point total....This was a great experience for all the lady Falcons but especially for the younger ones!!! Expect them to play much better in the next hostile or huge game they play in!!! Maybe the game they look back to and say this prepared us for the post season and state!!

sbl

Good post sbl0702!! :thumb: Just the same thing I was thinking, may look back in a few weeks and say we needed this one!!

Maybe it will help.Tiana didnt really look to shoot..I have never seen a shot that Brooke and Shasta didn't like.If they're open,they're definitely going to shoot.Both of them usually shoots much better.We also got lucky on a few passes from the younger girls toward the end.A couple should have gooten picked off.And on the flip side,I saw a bunch of passes,Lake Co should have stole but seemed like we were a fingernail away.