Infractions

bozo

Let's just take a two week break so we can break rules and return for the last tournament? How about if the wrestler did not mean to lock hands it should not count? What if the official who made the call was new, should the ruling count? The wrestler really tried to make weight but was off a few tenths? Should we sent up a plan of actions with a list of exceptions?

LOL....exactly.....why would we want to support the rules and policies of the TSSAA?

A Blackman wrestler received a flagrant misconduct and was DQ'ed as well as a Mt. Juliet wrestler punched a Houston wrestler and received a Flagrant Misconduct. Due to the ruling, both wrestlers have to miss two weigh ins by rule before they can compete. In both cases, there are no more events on their calendar nor can any be made up (duals) there for both wrestlers will not be competing at regionals and will obviously not make state. Senseless penalties in both cases that cost them shots a medals at state. I cant speak for the Blackman wrestler but the mt. Juliet wrestler was ranked and had a very good shot at a top 3.

That one will sting for a while as they reflect on it..

The Mt.Juliet wrestler was Matthew Seaman, ranked in the top 6 and probably would have medaled as a sophmore in 145

The Mt.Juliet wrestler was Matthew Seaman, ranked in the top 6 and probably would have medaled as a sophmore in 145

Junior! With Hayden out and someone dropping to 140? .... He did have

a good chance of placing. I'm sure he is hurting. I'm not a coach, but

when they(MJ) secured the victory, I would have <for.> the remaining matches???

Good! He's young enough to learn from this. Tough lesson, but I hope he grows from it. Every choice has a consequence and he maybe realizes that today. Lucky for him he didn't learn it outside in the real world where you get jail, or worse!

its in the eye of the official, a ruff cross face could be determined as flagrant.

While I very rarely agree with P-king, he has a valid point.

Probably most would agree that obvious flagrant misconduct should have its penalty and if it includes missing the state tourny then so be it. But if you have never seen a referee misapply the flagrant misconduct call, then you've not been around wrestling very long.

The worst one I ever saw was a kid win a match because he was bitten. He was losing really bad and at no time did there appear to be a bite. Later the winning kid was bragging to his friends that he had bitten himself then showed the teeth marks to the ref. The ref told the coach he had no choice but to call biting as there were 2 rows of teeth marks?

Since every match is filmed by multiple folks these days, maybe there should be a video appeal process if someone is DQed for the state.....would probably be a waste of time since the TSSAA would never overturn a bad call anyway.

While I very rarely agree with P-king, he has a valid point.

Probably most would agree that obvious flagrant misconduct should have its penalty and if it includes missing the state tourny then so be it. But if you have never seen a referee misapply the flagrant misconduct call, then you've not been around wrestling very long.

The worst one I ever saw was a kid win a match because he was bitten. He was losing really bad and at no time did there appear to be a bite. Later the winning kid was bragging to his friends that he had bitten himself then showed the teeth marks to the ref. The ref told the coach he had no choice but to call biting as there were 2 rows of teeth marks?

Since every match is filmed by multiple folks these days, maybe there should be a video appeal process if someone is DQed for the state.....would probably be a waste of time since the TSSAA would never overturn a bad call anyway.

Saw the biting scenario firsthand this year in the semis of a tournament. The alleged biter was up 8-0 (i think) with less than a minute in the third and was on top in control. I could never see how the bite could have happened, but the losing wrestler yelled out and the ref stopped it. i do believe the losing wrestler bit himself and the ref DQ'd the other wrestler. i believe this is a worst case scenario, but it is a valid point. The kid did lose BADLY in the championship so some karma did come back his way.

Human error does occur and that cant be changed in matches. Always going to be bad calls that benefit some and hurt others, but i think they are minimal when you look at all matches wrestled. Dont see instant replay as good solution in any sport, but TSSAA could work to improve the appeal process and review film footage if available. They tend to stand behind officials to the end in all sports.

I didnt see the incidents at the state dual championships - were they borderline calls?

A Blackman wrestler received a flagrant misconduct and was DQ'ed as well as a Mt. Juliet wrestler punched a Houston wrestler and received a Flagrant Misconduct. Due to the ruling, both wrestlers have to miss two weigh ins by rule before they can compete. In both cases, there are no more events on their calendar nor can any be made up (duals) there for both wrestlers will not be competing at regionals and will obviously not make state. Senseless penalties in both cases that cost them shots a medals at state. I cant speak for the Blackman wrestler but the mt. Juliet wrestler was ranked and had a very good shot at a top 3.

That one will sting for a while as they reflect on it..

The Ref in the blackman match completly blew this call! I was working the door and things were slow so i watched this match that was on the mat close to the front doors. i was actually pretty close,2nd row, while watching and with like 12 seconds in the match the blackman kid got put in a cradle and began to rock back and forth trying to get out. with 0.6 seconds on the clock, the ref stops the match, calls a flagrant foul. this guy totally missed it. It cost blackman the match with a 9 point swing and the wrestler the season. This ref made it about him. The crowd and even the Mt. Juliet fans agreed as i talked to them. The worst call i have ever seen at a high school wrestling match!

The Ref in the blackman match completly blew this call! I was working the door and things were slow so i watched this match that was on the mat close to the front doors. i was actually pretty close,2nd row, while watching and with like 12 seconds in the match the blackman kid got put in a cradle and began to rock back and forth trying to get out. with 0.6 seconds on the clock, the ref stops the match, calls a flagrant foul. this guy totally missed it. It cost blackman the match with a 9 point swing and the wrestler the season. This ref made it about him. The crowd and even the Mt. Juliet fans agreed as i talked to them. The worst call i have ever seen at a high school wrestling match!

This tells us nothing. Only that you saw it and didn't agree with the call. What was the Flagrent Misconduct call for? How did the ref make it about him? Was it because he made a call that wasn't there or was it because he made a call at all?