11AA predictions

coachcutt

The games Saturday were #22 and 23 for Harpeth this season. I could see a tired arm or two maybe with a pitcher transferring, one injured and one who no showed this year, but pitching depth has been a strength of this team even down 3 from last years staff. With a rainout game Monday, there was a couple of guys working on short rest, but no excuses. Camden flat out hits it and they have a short porch so you can't afford too many fly balls at their place. I didn't know much about them coming into last year, but they've proven to me that they have a good ball club.

Harpeth has to rebound. They can't place any more importance on one game than another. Seem to have played tight in a few district games this season. It's baseball. Play it the same every game.

Those were the 5th and 6th game of the week for Camden. #3 that pitched the first game also pitched the complete game against Creekwood on Tuesday night. He was looking pretty tired in the middle and got excited when we went ahead is the only reason that I think he was able to finish the game.

I was taking pictures down the third baseline and I agree with Harpeth playing tight. The coach was pretty rough on them in the dugout and I think he made them feel more pressure in the sixth than there really was with still having a two run lead.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 more rainouts for the JV this week, we haven't been on a baseball field since the loss at Camden. I hope the boys can bounce back from the losses and get back to playing good baseball. It concerns me that we really haven't had the leadership on the field that you would have expected from a team with so many talented upperclassmen. I don't know what it's gonna take for someone to step up and take charge, but they need to get it done. Too many times this year we have showed up not ready to play, or we just can't seem to bounce back after an error or two. Mentally we need to be stronger than that, baseball is a game full of failures, you have to be able to bounce back from an error or a bad plate appearance.

Looking forward to the tourney this week at the Rock, good teams tend to make us play better. We open with Sycamore, who I miss playing greatly. Should be good weather for Thursday, Friday is looking iffy at best.

2 more rainouts for the JV this week, we haven't been on a baseball field since the loss at Camden. I hope the boys can bounce back from the losses and get back to playing good baseball. It concerns me that we really haven't had the leadership on the field that you would have expected from a team with so many talented upperclassmen. I don't know what it's gonna take for someone to step up and take charge, but they need to get it done. Too many times this year we have showed up not ready to play, or we just can't seem to bounce back after an error or two. Mentally we need to be stronger than that, baseball is a game full of failures, you have to be able to bounce back from an error or a bad plate appearance.

Looking forward to the tourney this week at the Rock, good teams tend to make us play better. We open with Sycamore, who I miss playing greatly. Should be good weather for Thursday, Friday is looking iffy at best.

Definitely looking forward to playing at the Rock and the Wood this week. Some great teams in this one.

The "better" Harpeth team showed up yesterday and beat Sycamore 9-0. Seagraves pitches a complete game shut out, threw 77 pitches. Defensively one of our better games, not one error in the field. Mark Moore goes YARD, right after Foriest hits a triple. Its fun to watch when we show up and play good ball. Todays games at the Rock will be a total wash out. I went by the field at 8:00 this morning and it was already too wet. I'm not sure what the plan B is, but it will be tough to get it dried out for Saturday's games. Go away rain, we need to play and build off of the good effort.

Camden won against Waverly 11-3 on Monday. The game was really closer than that. Umpire called a ball that was a few feet foul a homerun and that kinda took the air out of the Tigers. Nobody in the park thought it was fair except the umpire. We definately took the three runs, but we thought it was foul just as much as the Waverly fans did. Douglas is now 4-0 in district. Riley vs. Purcell at Waverly tonight if we can get it in.

Harpeth shut out Creekwood last night at their place, 5-0. Presley pitched a gem and had stellar defense behind him. Harpeth scored one run in 5 different innings in a good effort at the plate. They come to the Rock tonight for Senior night at Harpeth, should be a great game as this is always a good rivalry.

Camden won against Waverly 11-3 on Monday. The game was really closer than that. Umpire called a ball that was a few feet foul a homerun and that kinda took the air out of the Tigers. Nobody in the park thought it was fair except the umpire. We definately took the three runs, but we thought it was foul just as much as the Waverly fans did. Douglas is now 4-0 in district. Riley vs. Purcell at Waverly tonight if we can get it in.

Somebody needs to get that guy a white cane and some Ray Bans. Blind in one eye can't see good out of the other.

Harpeth completes the SWEEP sagainst Creekwood tonight at the Rock.Stellar pitching performance by Seagraves. Timely hitting by the indidans. This puts us tied for 2nd against Camden, go MC and SC pull of thhe upset and get us back in this thing. Nobody wats to plsy the short porch at Camden for District, on top of it being too far to drive.

The fans were in this from the start, and it was well behaved on both sides!

Harpeth completes the SWEEP sagainst Creekwood tonight at the Rock.Stellar pitching performance by Seagraves. Timely hitting by the indidans. This puts us tied for 2nd against Camden, go MC and SC pull of thhe upset and get us back in this thing. Nobody wats to plsy the short porch at Camden for District, on top of it being too far to drive.

The fans were in this from the start, and it was well behaved on both sides!

Camden will have to lose three out of four against MC and SC for them not to win it. Hopefully we can do better than that. Barring an upset one and two are set. All I can say is to tell your pitchers to learn to keep the ball down like ours had to. Your batters have the same fence to swing at. And I think Waverly would rather play at Camden as Harpeth since it is only a ten mile drive for them.

• 2 weeks later...