11AA predictions

coachcutt

Alright lets get it started.....how do you see the district looking this year? The boys at Harpeth are looking good, lots of returning talent. They lack the big stick power of Dalton Davis, but up and down the line-up they should be very strong. Pitching will be good, Presley will return as the ace, with lots of arms under him. It will be interesting to see who steps up to fill the other District starter spots. Coach Jones and Coach Pomeroy have had a year to get their system in place and the boys have bought in totally. They are disciplined and hungry to get started. I can't wait for the snow to melt and get out on the field!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright lets get it started.....how do you see the district looking this year? The boys at Harpeth are looking good, lots of returning talent. They lack the big stick power of Dalton Davis, but up and down the line-up they should be very strong. Pitching will be good, Presley will return as the ace, with lots of arms under him. It will be interesting to see who steps up to fill the other District starter spots. Coach Jones and Coach Pomeroy have had a year to get their system in place and the boys have bought in totally. They are disciplined and hungry to get started. I can't wait for the snow to melt and get out on the field!

Camden is returning all but one of the all district players and all of the pitching is back including one that had hurt his arm early last season. Seven of the nine starters are back. Should be a solid team.

KS with some real early predictions, I like it! MC has several talented players returning and are always well coached, Waverly has about 9 SR lead by the Lefty Purcell and are well coached. 2 pretty good teams to b 4th and 5th. CW has only 2 returning starters and lost 85% of it's innings due to graduation. They are working hard at staying competitive, Unreal schedule, Coach Clapper does a solid job with his talent base. Cheatham will be better and Stewart Co. can win any given day especially N Dover. Camden returns a bunch of talented kids that played well towards the end of last season. They will be contenders. Harpeth is hungry to play for Hardware and make Regions. Top 5 teams may be as strong as I have seen in last decade. Lots of returning talent throughout 11AA! I would not be surprised to see a 11AA team playing in a Sectional and going to Murfreesboro! It should be REAL FUN! Looking forward to getting started! C YA at the Yard!! Needin the SNOW to go away soon!

I'll give it a shot.

1. Harpeth

2. Camden

3. Creek Wood

4. Waverly

5. Montgomery Central

6. Cheatham County

7. Stewart County

I think you have Montgomery Central down too far. They were a young team playing very well at the end of the season. And of course I am partial to Camden. Like I said in the earlier post they are returning all the pitching and getting one back who was hurt most of last year. All the big bats return with three players in the middle of the lineup batting right around .500. The defense that hurt them big at times last year should be improved with the injured player coming back plus experience for the younger players. Second place in the district last year and wanting to improve on that. Waverly with Purcell might move up and all the district games should be very competitive.

1. Camden

2. Montgomery Central

3. Harpeth

4. Waverly

5. Creekwood

6. Cheatham

7. Stewart

Yeah, it's a shot like I said. Nobody knows what freshmen might make an impact, etc. Waverly has the top pitcher in the district in my opinion with Purcell. If they get any pitching help on the other district day, they'll be tough. That's who I thought I might have too low. Creek Wood as Coachrop stated lost more starters than anybody probably, but they are tough to beat at home. Harpeth lost two starters including freshman phenom Dalton Davis who went back to Alabama, but they return alot of arms including Devon Presley who I feel is the 2nd best arm in the district. It's all about pitching fellas. I feel comfortable with 1-5 in some order. Your mileage may vary.

Edited by ksgovols

WOW it has been almost 48 hours without snow falling. Shaping up for good weather next week if it will dry out some. We scrimmage Mt. Juliet Sat 2/19 at the Wood. Anyone else playing next week? It is about the pitchin KS. Solid choices for top 2 returning arms in 11AA. We dont even know who our 1 thru 8 are. Gonna be interesting and FUN!! With practice starting Monday it will be a great Valentine's day.!!

WOW it has been almost 48 hours without snow falling. Shaping up for good weather next week if it will dry out some. We scrimmage Mt. Juliet Sat 2/19 at the Wood. Anyone else playing next week? It is about the pitchin KS. Solid choices for top 2 returning arms in 11AA. We dont even know who our 1 thru 8 are. Gonna be interesting and FUN!! With practice starting Monday it will be a great Valentine's day.!!

Is Valentines day in honor of Bobby Valentine?

Great weather for first of the week. Hope you guys have a great week of practice.

WE got quite a bit of work done at THE ROCK in spite of the cold weather and still having snow on the ground. I am so glad to be able to get under way with some real practice beginning today. We have our first scrimmage coming up and will be able to tell alittle more about where we are pitching wise after that. Kinda hard to tell till they throw at live batters.

Coachcutt sounds biased, but here I go.. I watch several teams in the area and I keep up with this district..

1.Camden

2.Harpeth

3.MC

4.Waverly

5.CW

6.Cheatham

7.Stewart

Camden has the most experience along with Harpeth. I usually don't think that one player makes or breaks a team, but losing Davis stings. I think it takes them out of the drivers seat. I really hope I am wrong, but the kid could swing it. He's a game changer in the 3/4 hole.

MC is very well coached and will be better this year. Always fundamental. Notoriously scary tourny team though.

Waverly, who knows with them. Jesse is a great coach as well. Purcell is the best player in this district, and he may have them finishing in the top 2?

CW was good last year, but like ROP said. Too many ???'s. And I have seen that schedule, brutal. That will only help come tourny time. Good coaching staff though..

Cheatham and Stewart are usually here. Boyd is a great guy and has come along way with where they were since Whit left. I wish him the very best.

Good luck to all teams.