11AA predictions

coachcutt

Well our season has come to a close, it was an emotional ending for the Seniors who have played their last game. I enjoyed watching our team this season, we were "the good, the bad and the ugly" all in one season. It is disapointing to exit so early but we were beat by two teams who hit the ball better than we did on this occasion. As far as the field goes, we certainly didn't take advantage of the short porch, with power up and down the line up we never threatened to homer.

I don't think Creekwood getting the tourney every year is a viable solution, there is too much advantage to hosting. I think the winner should host, and if we don't want to play on Camden's field we better win. I would like to thank all of the people at Camden who were so welcoming, we were made to feel right at home by their coaching staff and parent volunteers from the moment we stepped off the bus. The hospitality tent was nice and those home-made cookies were off the chart good. Good luck to the teams still in it, I hope the District will go far at the next level whoever wins the tourney. Best of luck to all!

Well said. I wish the Harpeth seniors the best. Your last High School game is emotional, even if you are going to play at the next level. Harpeth played a brutal schedule this year and they won a lot of big games. There players, coaches and fans should be proud.

Edited by clemlawn

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden vs. Creekwood in the championship tomorrow. I have to hand it to Creekwood. To begin with I did not think they would beat Purcell and make it to Camden. Then I didn't think they would beat Montgomery Central with the way MC was swinging the bats. THEN I thought it was over when they gave up the six runs in the inning. Very, very good job by the coaches and players. MC has nothing to hang their head about either with the way they were playing.

I heard Harpeth's coach quit today. Is that a rumor or fact?

Camden vs. Creekwood in the championship tomorrow. I have to hand it to Creekwood. To begin with I did not think they would beat Purcell and make it to Camden. Then I didn't think they would beat Montgomery Central with the way MC was swinging the bats. THEN I thought it was over when they gave up the six runs in the inning. Very, very good job by the coaches and players. MC has nothing to hang their head about either with the way they were playing.

I heard Harpeth's coach quit today. Is that a rumor or fact?

Not a rumor... Fact. Donny met with the team this afternoon to share the news.

Commitment to family comes first. The hour long drive to and from home and two young children who like to see their dad more three months out of the year took its toll. We understand his position. Donny has done a good job getting the program pointed back in the right direction. I truly hope that the building can continue and the program won't suffer with yet another change at The Rock. We wish him the best and will be looking forward to seeing him on the field again in the Spring.

I want to echo the well wishes to Coach Jones. He did everything first class and ran the program the way it's supposed to be run. I know my son is a better person for having been a part of the program and it will be better for Donny's sons to have their Dad at their ball games and closer to home.

Harpeth is still in reload mode for the next couple of years. There's a lot of talent still there. I fully expect them to be back in the top 2 or 3 in the district and make some post season noise.

Donny is an excellent coach, and I wish him well. He's a great friend of mine, but he made a grown up decision, and I respect him for that. Family is first, then baseball, I get that. I think that his players can look at that decision and learn from it. Whoever gets Donny Jones as a coach is a lucky program!