11AA predictions

coachcutt

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me say that my comment regarding the pitch count was in no way intended to question a Coach. I was basing my opinion on the information I was given.Last night I found out from Mr. Purcell that he has been throwing all winter. That changes things a little bit.

As far as being unproffessional, calling Coach Jones a LL coach might be pushing the edge. He is an extremely vocal and passionate Coach, I thought with the calls that were made by the field umpire he controlled himself pretty well, as did Coach Cash.

As far as my affilliation with Harpeth, I'm just a Dad, did not mean to misrepresent myself.Took that screen name a couple years ago as I was once one of those Little League coaches, who behaved well on the field. Your Coach and your team have a lot of class and talent, and the same can be said for Harpeth, you and I need to display the same in public forums.

Creek Wood swept Montgomery Central 3-0 and 14-8. 2 totally different games. The first game both pitchers went the distance. In the second game probably 6 different pitchers. In Creek Wood 3-0 win Cody Nicholson went the distance for the shut out win. If any of yall know what Cody went thru a few years ago you can really appreciate how special this was. Spent almost a year in and out of Vanderbilt hospital undergoing operations and procedures. There was some talk of losing a leg to save a life. What this kid has been thru is incredible. GREAT to see him pitching at a high level. Montgomery Central and Creek Wood had good crowds and great baseball atmosphere. Montgomery Central is well coached and they were fighting to the end in both games. They led 7-2 after 5 innings in game 2 before Creek Wood exploded for 12 runs in the final two innings. Good luck to M.C.

Harpeth completed the sweep of Waverly last 9-6, both teams looked a little worse for the wear after the thriller Monday night. Harpeth jumps out with a 4 run first, and then struggled to hit the ball the rest of the game. Back to back late nights, glad we are off today,tough on the kids to stay up on school work during the start of the season.

Harpeth gets to the championship game of the Hit After Hit Tourney beating Page 7-4 (Tanner Newton with the win), CPA 10-5 (WP Dakota Seagraves), Greenbrier 13-2 (WP Bryce Baker, Brandon Foriest HR) and Giles County 4-2 (WP Andrew Buma).

Harpeth loses to Ezell-Harding 11-8 in the championship game, making a run after falling behind early 9-2. It's a 7 inning game fellas. All in all, not a bad week. Went 6-1 and got some hardware. Got Montgomery Central at the Rock tonight and at their place on Tuesday.

CW beat Stewart Co. 13 - 5 on Tuesday. Douchane gets win, Salewsky finishes with 2 eggs. Thanks to Coach Genz for altering schedule to get game in before rain. Good call Clap! Red Hawks off till next Monday with Camden coming to the Wood! Tough conditions today for MC -HA makeup. Hope they get to play!!