District 14A Tourney

volfan007

Congrats UC. Greenfield had one of those really bad games that we play every now and then...too bad it had to come during this game. We really needed to win this one to stay opposite Lake Co. in the Regional.

Too many turnovers by the young guards....extremely cold shooting...Shemella McMullen getting into foul trouble early in the first half...all led to this terrible game by our girls.

All during the game, the UC team just backed down into a zone and dared our girls to shoot 3's. Someone is gonna have to step up and knock down the outside shot if we're gonna go much farther this year. AND, we've got to handle the ball better.

Let's go, Lady Jackets....dig in and play tough and go farther this year!!!!

I hate that we're in the same bracket possibly.I guess there's a couple scenarios to keep that from happening.Lake Co lose to U.C tonight and play the other region's # 3 team .Going to be put in with either Gleason or Dresden no matter.Or Greenfield drop to 4th place.Rest Jordan Gailey tomorrow.Make sure her knee stays healthy..lol...Yall or going to get a tough 1st game anyway now with either Gleason or Dresden and if yall stay 3rd,would have a tougher 2nd game also.

Edited by mrbigster

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenfield just didn't do hardly anything in the second half.Gailey may have scored 1 point after the half.Seems like they had about a 23-15 lead and it stayed on that forever.Then Union City hit a 3 pointer to get within about 2 points and then shot a lot of free throws.Now if Greenfield beats Bradford,puts them in the same bracket in the region with Lake Co.Also puts Greenfield in a tougher 1st game in the region with them playing Dresden or Gleason instead of playing a #3 or # 4 seed from the other region.So a tougher road for them.We are going to have Greenfield,Bradford or Gleason or Dresden no matter which way it plays out..just have to keep playing hard.Congrats to U.C. on the win..And Bradford had a great game plan.Packed it in so Carnation couldn't hardly even touch the ball and not let T.T. drive the middle.Of course that opened the outside with Tiana ,Brooke and Shasta.Don't know what's happened to Brooke and Shasta the past couple games.Usually shoot the ball pretty well.The first half,Tiana had some good looks but just wasn't connecting.Then when she heated up ,made things a lot better.The lead got to 20 points and Bradford was still in the zone.Lake Co took a few bad shots ,probably because of having a good lead when they didn't have to.Thought Lake Co should have held the ball and made Bradford come out a lot earlier and play man instead of taking those shots against the zone.Bradford let T.T. dribble the ball for a minute and a half and down by about 14 points with probably close to 5 minutes left before they came out.I would have held the ball much sooner that we did.But still a win.Bradford had a better scheme this time around.Street played well for them.

Question for some of the long time Bradford fans--back in the early 90's Braford had a great player named Michelle Street. Is the Street girl that currently plays for Bradford related to Michelle?

Question for some of the long time Bradford fans--back in the early 90's Braford had a great player named Michelle Street. Is the Street girl that currently plays for Bradford related to Michelle?

Yes, I believe they are related. I think Michelle Street played back when the Galey girl's aunt also played (also a talented basketball player) and her grandfather coached. (Jerrianne Gage (sp?)and Coach Gage). I think that was also when Coach Gage had Tara Tansil on his team. Bradford and Greenfield had some fierce games during that era !! Seems like they always will.

Who ya got tonight in the Consolation and Championship games of the District tourney. I am going with Lake Co. to win it and I believe a toss up for 3rd place as both teams evenly matched and both have been inconsistent all year but I give a nod to Greenfield in a close 1. Disclaimer I would not be surprised with a Bradford win but wanted to pick someone :thumb:

Who ya got tonight in the Consolation and Championship games of the District tourney. I am going with Lake Co. to win it and I believe a toss up for 3rd place as both teams evenly matched and both have been inconsistent all year but I give a nod to Greenfield in a close 1. Disclaimer I would not be surprised with a Bradford win but wanted to pick someone :thumb:

Greenfield over Bradford...

Lake County over Union City...The UC gals just haven't shown they can play with the Lady Falcons this season...

Lake County by 18.......Union City will try to run against Lake County and thats just what Lake County likes.

Greenfield/Bradford......I dont feel good about this game but I gotta pick Greenfield by 1.

I'd be surprised if they play Lake County any different than they did Greenfield...They will probably try to execute the game plan that Bradford tried to in their game against LC...It wouldn't be wise to run with the Lady Falcons...

Good job Greenfield girls! Jordan Galey put on a clinic tonight scoring 28 points, good win for the Lady Jackets. Greenfield was up by 18 when Coach T. pulled his main team, the game wasnt as close as the score indicates. I was just wondering could somebody tell me who was the Bradford girl who guarded Jordan tonight? She was #20 for Bradford.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

Greenfield beat Bradford 54 to 48 for 3rd place in the tourney. I havent heard a Lake Co. v. UC score yet... nor who Greenfield will have to play in first round of Regional. Anyone?

Lake County-53

Union City-34

Score late was 40-31 but UC had to foul and LC hit their free throws...

Gleason beat Dresden and Big Sandy ended up 3rd....McKenzie was 4th...