D2 brackets out

memphiswrestling171

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting stuff in Dll tourny.

There are 22 byes in the tournament.

Tow weight classes have pig tails 17 wrestlers in 135 and 189 and DCA has wrestler in both pig tails.

In the 112 weight class there is a situation where a wrestler can win only one match and earn state medal because only 10 wrestlers in the weight class.

The 103 weight class has 14 wrestlers and 6 of them are in the 8th grade.

Total number of 8th grades in state tourny 12: 103(6), 112(2), 119(2), 130(1), 215(1).

Only weight class full of 16 is 119.

Fresh: 28

Soph: 49

Jr: 59

Sr: 56

Was this a fact finding mission, or was there some hidden message we were supposed to decipherer... There will never be a perfect world. Its kind of like the age old debate with USAW and AAU. What works for some doesn't work for others. The answer is tie your shoes up tight and wrestle...

Very interesting stuff in Dll tourny.

There are 22 byes in the tournament.

Tow weight classes have pig tails 17 wrestlers in 135 and 189 and DCA has wrestler in both pig tails.

In the 112 weight class there is a situation where a wrestler can win only one match and earn state medal because only 10 wrestlers in the weight class.

The 103 weight class has 14 wrestlers and 6 of them are in the 8th grade.

Total number of 8th grades in state tourny 12: 103(6), 112(2), 119(2), 130(1), 215(1).

Only weight class full of 16 is 119.

Fresh: 28

Soph: 49

Jr: 59

Sr: 56

What's your point, Jack?

That there are 17 schools in DII? That it is tough to fill a 16 man bracket with 17 teams?

TSSAA created the divisional split based on financial aid back in 1997. It is what it is.

How are they seeded. Some weights have medalists in the same quarter bracket.

Below is the seeding criteria as laid out in the TSSAA Wrestling Handbook:

On a date and at a location to be determined by the Division II wrestling coaches, a meeting will be held to submit entries and seed the Division II State Individual Tournament. In order for wrestlers to be seeded, schools must either send a representative or provide a written statement.

At the conclusion of this meeting the Division II representative shall submit the Division II bracket to the state office for approval. No alternate entries will be accepted into the bracket after the state office has approved the bracket.

In an attempt to provide clarity to the seeding process while also reducing the opportunity for conflict, the following criteria (which are listed in the order of priority) are to be used:

1. Head-to-head competition during the current season (If split evenly, the most recent victory given priority. Otherwise, the wrestler with the best record against that particular opponent receives priority.).

2. Returning state champion, runner-up, or 3rd place finisher from the previous season (Same weight class and in-state given priority over different weight class and out-of-state.

If different weight class, then the higher weight class receives priority.)

3. Record against common opponents during the current season (Common opponent in the same weight class given priority over common opponent in a different weight class. If different weight class, then higher weight class receives priority.).

4. Returning 4th or 5th place finisher from the previous season (Same weight class and instate given priority over different weight class and out-of-state. If different weight class, then the higher weight class receives priority.).

5. Common tournament place finishes during the current season (Wrestlers must have been in the same weight class in the tournament.).

6. Coin Toss.

What's your point, Jack?

That there are 17 schools in DII? That it is tough to fill a 16 man bracket with 17 teams?

TSSAA created the divisional split based on financial aid back in 1997. It is what it is.

I was just braking down the brackets in general. It is tough to have a state tourny with not filling up the weight classes.

Particuliar the 112 wherre you have almost as many byes as entries.

It has got alot better than the first few years, most of the classes are almost full 8 out of 14.

Then why not have a large Dll and small Dll'

Make it an 8 man bracket? Maybe the smaller schools will have a chance.

I was just braking down the brackets in general. It is tough to have a state tourny with not filling up the weight classes.

Particuliar the 112 wherre you have almost as many byes as entries.

It has got alot better than the first few years, most of the classes are almost full 8 out of 14.

Then why not have a large Dll and small Dll'

Make it an 8 man bracket? Maybe the smaller schools will have a chance.

separating the d2 again would be stupid its bad enough we have a d2 small invitational while the actual state duals are going on and some of the small schools do have guys who have gone pretty far in the tourney but yes i see your point especially with the 112 i was shocked when i saw this cause you usually see small brackets with the 285 brackets but not the lower weights...