District 13AA Tournament

GCPioneer

The first round of district tournaments was completed tonight at Obion Co. and Gibson Co. High Schools.

Final scores from Gibson Co.:

Haywood Co. - 29

Westview - 58

Ripley - 40

Gibson Co. - 58

Final scores from Obion Co.:

Covington - 44

Dyersburg - 50

Milan - 37

Obion Co. - 65

This sets up these semifinal matchups at Dyersburg HS on Thursday:

Westview v. Gibson Co. - 6:30

Dyersburg v. Obion Co. - 8:00

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first round of district tournaments was completed tonight at Obion Co. and Gibson Co. High Schools.

Final scores from Gibson Co.:

Haywood Co. - 29

Westview - 58

Ripley - 40

Gibson Co. - 58

Final scores from Obion Co.:

Covington - 44

Dyersburg - 50

Milan - 37

Obion Co. - 65

This sets up these semifinal matchups at Dyersburg HS on Thursday:

Westview v. Gibson Co. - 6:30

Dyersburg v. Obion Co. - 8:00

gc didnt play that well tues night i expect them to bounce back so i say westview 40 gc 45

and im going with an upset oc 50 dburg 57

Congrats to GC Pioneers. They shot the ball well last night, especially on the long ball. The Lady Chargers had an off night shooting the ball. I haven't seen the shooting percentages, but I'm sure they were high for GC and low for Westview. GC also out hustled Westview which resulted in a rebounding advantage that gave GC several second chance buckets and minimized Westview's scoring opportunities. Luckily, Westview still has a chance to step things up.

Congrats to GC Pioneers. They shot the ball well last night, especially on the long ball. The Lady Chargers had an off night shooting the ball. I haven't seen the shooting percentages, but I'm sure they were high for GC and low for Westview. GC also out hustled Westview which resulted in a rebounding advantage that gave GC several second chance buckets and minimized Westview's scoring opportunities. Luckily, Westview still has a chance to step things up.

Nice post and good luck to Westview tomorrow night. You guys caught us on a good shooting night the other night, especially in that second half. Both GC and Westview are extremely young teams. Good luck to you guys throughout the rest of your tournaments.

Tomorrow night will be some good games in Dyersburg. District 13AA is always a good tournament and brings out the best in all of the teams. Good luck to the remaining 4 teams in the Region 7AA tournament! Whoever makes it to Murfreesboro will represent West TN AA girls basketball well.

Not for sure about those predictions. Both Westview and D'burg come off of disappointing losses in the semifinals. Westview had no answer for GC in the opener and the Lady Trojans couldn't hold off OCCHS in a rather lack luster played contest. D'burg should be motivated to the point where they take out frustrations on a Westview team that did not play well vs. GC .. Lady Trojans will win at home.

In the nightcap, it'll be interesting what tempo will be played. GC has one of the most improved teams over the season and took the Lady Rebs to Double OT before losing in Troy back on Jan.31st. If it becomes a track meet, I like the Lady Rebels chances to win their first District Tourney championship since 2005.

Should be some fun games to watch.. Getcha Popcorn Ready! :popcorneater:

Not for sure about those predictions. Both Westview and D'burg come off of disappointing losses in the semifinals. Westview had no answer for GC in the opener and the Lady Trojans couldn't hold off OCCHS in a rather lack luster played contest. D'burg should be motivated to the point where they take out frustrations on a Westview team that did not play well vs. GC .. Lady Trojans will win at home.

In the nightcap, it'll be interesting what tempo will be played. GC has one of the most improved teams over the season and took the Lady Rebs to Double OT before losing in Troy back on Jan.31st. If it becomes a track meet, I like the Lady Rebels chances to win their first District Tourney championship since 2005.

Should be some fun games to watch.. Getcha Popcorn Ready! :popcorneater:

If they keep getting big games from people like Paige and Billie Dee the Lady Rebels will win...They need to get out on GC's perimeter shooters and not let them get hot from outside...I think they need to pound the ball inside to Goodman and just wear the Lady Pioneers out...I feel like they need a big game from Macy and MacKenzie...It won't be easy...Champions don't go down without a fight...

I found it real interesting that the Lady Rebels won 30 games for only the 3rd time in history...They win over 20 every season...I would have thought they won 30 a lot more than three times...

Nope- just three times in the school's history of 30 or more wins. The other years were in 1980-81 and 1985-86. The 84-85 team that advance to the state title game before losing to Humboldt had 29 wins. The most wins in a season is 31 by the 86 team that advance to the 1st round of the state tourney the same year the boys brought the Gold Ball back to Troy. :thumb:

We haven't seen a full solid 32 minutes from the Lady Rebs in a while but they've still done just enough to win 14 straight and have a chance to pick up the 17th District Tournament Championship in School history against the 2 time defending champs. :wacko:

We'll see what kind of game plan unfolds this evening. ;)

Obion co. will have a big size advantage with goodman down in the post. Alyssa white and tori reedy will have to stay out of foul trouble in order for us to stay in the game. Kelly tyree will have to keep her hot shooting hand and haynes will have to keep doing what she does. It'll also depend on how oc does with gibsons press. I expect it to be a good game. Good luck to both teams.