GCPioneer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final...

Gibson County-46

Obion County-66

Soph. Brandi Goodman 19 pts and 20 rebs....

Jr. Macy Wright 23 pts..

Soph. Paige Hicks 14 pts...

Brandi Goodman 13AA MVP...

Lyle LaRue 13AA Coach of the Year...

58-9 in two seasons at OC...31-3 this season...

Edited by Purple & Gold Standard

Congrats to OC on the district championship. You guys have a great team and are starting to click at the right time. If you guys stick with your game, you will find yourselves in Murfreesboro and competing well there. This team is so deep with no drop off in the subs. Goodman is BIG TIME and will be playing Major D1 basketball by the time it's all said and done. From what I have heard, she is already getting stuff in the mail from Auburn. She has a bright future ahead of her and will be dominant in 13AA over the next 2 years. Good luck to OC in the regionals and hopefully we will see you guys in the region championship!

As for Gibson Co., we have nothing to be ashamed about. Afterall, we did just play for the district championship in a season where no one expected us to be competitive. We are an extremely young team that can learn from this game. Bounce back with a W Friday night and make another run towards Murfreesboro! We will be playing either Bolivar or Lexington depending on the outcome of tomorrows consolation game. Keep working hard!

Couldn't agree more! Absolutely nothing for the ladies of GC to be ashamed of! OC is one of the top. Teams in the state and i still believe gc is also just got out played on thhis night! congrats to OC, and get rready for region ladies!! Still alot of basketball to be played but congrats on runner up in the district as well! Go lady pioneers!!

I know this is sour grapes but when I saw the seedings, I thought the champ was goin to come from our game with Central in the semis. Nothing against GC or WV but I thought in our gym we were the only one who would play them close and have a chance. I think we can compete with em again and the next one won't be do or die. Maybe with luck we can play em two more times!

Congrats to OC 19-0 in this district ain't no joke. OC girls look like a team this year and play together so well. It is amazing what they have done after losing a Miss Basketball. I followed Laru when he was in the county here coaching Dyer Co to some awesome years (they need to hire him back at DC cause the coach there now is just picking up an extra paycheck while still concentrating on the boys 99% of his time). He always seems to have a good defensive plan for tournaments and his kids always play hard.

Congrats to GC for whipping us twice in regular season and sticking us in the #4 seed and so now we have to travel Friday but we just need one road win to get back home. Probably a rematch with GC gals again and hopefully third time is charm cause they got our number so far.

Dyersburg has hit some bumps in the road the past month after getting ranked as high as 5th, but all it takes is one good week of basketball for all that to be forgotten. Coach Coffman has his girls right were he wants em. GO LADY TROJANS!

Congrats to all the teams and players on a great tournament. OC is looking strong. Clearly playing the best and most consistant ball and deserve the championship. They've had a great season so far. Now on to the regionals. Anything can happen. 14AA is also looking pretty strong but I feel that no matter the seed, any team could win. Whoever can put together their best 2 games of the season can be in the Regional Championship and earn a sectional birth. You just never know. Can't wait to watch the games. Good luck 13AA. Go Westview!

Congrats to all the girls that achieved district honors last night.