The Best Head Coach

mancoverage

You're spot on, Kevin. A good/great coach can wring the best out of average players. An average

coach can get it done with a great team.

Classic example: Barry Switzer with the Dallas Cowboys. Won one Super Bowl with a team anyone

on here could have won with.

Adkins, Grider, Satterfield, Creasy, have all pulled some rabbits out of the hat, without a

sideline full of stars. Beat goes on......

The Goat sez: You sure know alot about football.

One of the best for sure. When Creasy gets his 2ond gold ball in 3 years,everyone should take notice. I think Trousdale is one of the easier places to win at,but you still have to have a great coach. One of the best ways to determine who,s good is to look at how teams were doing before the new coach came in.

Coach Creasy has 2 gold balls already. 2008 & 2009.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

I will go a step further and say he is the best in 1A (not sure about 2A) b/c IMO he does the most w/ less. No offenses to the JBS players b/c they are the kind of kids I would love to coach but lets be honest, there are not a lot of football scholarships being handed out among them. Sure he doesnt have any state titles but I would bet if Adkins and Grider had swapped teams for all of last season, the result would have been pretty much the same w/ SP winning it all. I know it is just speculation but can anyone really disagree.....

Kevin I agree with your post 100%. He runs the program with class and discipline and he does it his way. Lk was blessed to have a Coach of his character.

random thought: but the best coach doesn't neccesarily have the most championships, at the high school level at least. the best coach is the one that does the most with the talent they have. so winning championships is one thing. but there are some REALLY good coaches from schools that don't have championships because there talent level isn't high enough. kind of confusing what i'm trying to say, hope yall get it..lol

random reply: i don't get it...lol. It's Creasy and Grider, hands down!

If the only way to measure the best coach is the win / loss record then I guess the third year head coach from Greenback is in the middle of the pack, sitting on a .500 record. Though with the talent available I would say his teams have likley over performed the last couple of years and surprised a few people. Now if we throw in consideration for participation then coach Ridge moves from the middle towards the top rather quickly. Greenback has 110 total male high school students. At last count the football team had over 50 kids on the roster. Can any other school match this percentage of kids wanting to play ?

random reply: i don't get it...lol. It's Creasy and Grider, hands down!

Random opinion: If you cant comprehend that theory, lol(not funny really), then your comprehension skills are lacking.....Grider has much more talent to work w/ then Adkins, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say they are even at best.....

Micheal Statom from Collinwood is in my opinion one of the top 10 coaches in High School. We don't have boosters like Texas Permian does and don't have all the wins like Del La Salle either but coach has a 66 win % and he not only cares about us as a player but he cares for us as students, men of character and Christians

Random opinion: If you cant comprehend that theory, lol(not funny really), then your comprehension skills are lacking.....Grider has much more talent to work w/ then Adkins, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and say they are even at best.....

...and by talent, do you mean MINORITIES, hater?!

...and by talent, do you mean MINORITIES, hater?!

I was actually referring to speed; meaning over-all team speed as well as having more athletic linemen. Dont play the race card w/ me you tool, I couldnt care less what color their players are, both JBS and SP have both white and black players which is irrelevant. I am not from JBS either but rather a school that has more races of people. Lastly, I dont know where calling me hater comes from b/c that is not the case either.....