Karns starting a new tradition

thirdeye

So whats going on with the karns beavers. any predictions for the season?

Well who says "New Tradition" is an oxymoron (as opposed to a Karns moron). Anybody see that Jamboree last evening? From the paper it sounds like the Beavers not only won but came back to clinch it in the last 1:09! Anybody see this outing? Give us some stuff to get excited about. Should we be making those hotel reservations in Murphreesboro?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well who says "New Tradition" is an oxymoron (as opposed to a Karns moron). Anybody see that Jamboree last evening? From the paper it sounds like the Beavers not only won but came back to clinch it in the last 1:09! Anybody see this outing? Give us some stuff to get excited about. Should we be making those hotel reservations in Murphreesboro?

Hotel reservations in Murfreesboro are easier to come by in December since the TSSAA moved the football championships to Cookeville. You realize you were playing an Class A school?

Hotel reservations in Murfreesboro are easier to come by in December since the TSSAA moved the football championships to Cookeville. You realize you were playing an Class A school?

Well I'm glad you got that championship location thing straightened out before it's time for Karns to book the hotels. Hey a win's a win. Besides, how long's it been since you beat that 2A school over there in your county?

You mean the 3a team that could beat any team in the state no matter the classif?

Well this a Karns thread. Let's let those second rate Blount County teams fight it out among themselves. :roflol: Has anyone out there actually been to Karns' practice, scrimmages, or the Jamboree? I see the Sommers kid (Brian's little brother) has rejoined the team this year. The backs and several other receivers are seniors with 2 years starting experience. Could this be the year that Karns can actually break even or better? What about the new (no longer interim) head coach Witt and his totally new staff - do they seem to know what they're doing?

Well this a Karns thread. Let's let those second rate Blount County teams fight it out among themselves. :roflol: Has anyone out there actually been to Karns' practice, scrimmages, or the Jamboree? I see the Sommers kid (Brian's little brother) has rejoined the team this year. The backs and several other receivers are seniors with 2 years starting experience. Could this be the year that Karns can actually break even or better? What about the new (no longer interim) head coach Witt and his totally new staff - do they seem to know what they're doing?

I wish Karns would actually have a decnet team. They have some athletes, just no tradition and actually pride and tradition can mean a lot. I have seen mediocre talent wise OR teams be good just by playing on heart and pride.

I wish Karns would actually have a decnet team. They have some athletes, just no tradition and actually pride and tradition can mean a lot. I have seen mediocre talent wise OR teams be good just by playing on heart and pride.

You're right Sweet. It has to be something realized and embraced by the players. It's hard to get started when you've been a loser (inside and outside) for so long, but I believe Coach Witt knows how to build a positive attitude. I've been following the program pretty closely for the past 4-5 yrs and I've never seen them even win the Jamboree. Even if they would have played a Middle School, it was a start.

You're right Sweet. It has to be something realized and embraced by the players. It's hard to get started when you've been a loser (inside and outside) for so long, but I believe Coach Witt knows how to build a positive attitude. I've been following the program pretty closely for the past 4-5 yrs and I've never seen them even win the Jamboree. Even if they would have played a Middle School, it was a start.

Thats right man. It has to be believed in by the players. The coach has a lot of responsibility to get that attitude going amongst the players. Campbell County has the same problem. They have some athletes, just all the kids dont care cause they have nothing to play for. Zero tradition. I know people get mad when you use tradition and it is all about what have you odne for me lately, but tradition and past success in a program can go a long way.

Thats right man. It has to be believed in by the players. The coach has a lot of responsibility to get that attitude going amongst the players. Campbell County has the same problem. They have some athletes, just all the kids dont care cause they have nothing to play for. Zero tradition. I know people get mad when you use tradition and it is all about what have you odne for me lately, but tradition and past success in a program can go a long way.

Congrats to coach whit and the beavers, ya it was only a jamboree but they also won a 7 on 7 tournament up in Greenville a few weeks back, I think the O they are running as alot of players taking snaps but the the two guys throwing the ball seem to be proficent, lots of new coaches and I know Coach Whit wants to be at Karns it will be great to see the guys having fun this year and also having some success, I was at both the scrimmages and the team looked much better at the second one. these coaches are the type of guys that the Karns community should get behind, goodluck in week one