Dist 9A vs Dist 10A

rebelboy121

Did you type that with a straight face? Clarksville Academy over Cascade I think would be agreed on by everybody, especially with how they play defense in the post. But that is the only game that 10A has a favorable matchup in. WHH going into Huntland and winning is not going to happen. NC going into Eagleville and winning is not going to happen. Neither of those matchups are in 10A's favor at all. The McEwen/Forrest game is certainly the most intriguing game. Probably what you would consider a true toss-up game. Forrest might be slightly better but playing at McEwen certainly brings some advantage. Flip a coin in that game.

CA, McEwen, and WHH are ligit teams... All three are probably better than last years teams. I am very confident in the CA and McEwen games, and would be just as confident in the WHH game if they did not have to travel all the way down to Huntland...

CA - about as good as last year's team

McEwen - better than last year's team

WHH - better than last year's team

NCS - better than last year's team

I am sure that 9A has some team's that are better than their last year's teams, but the four 10A teams have lost very little and should be extremely competetive...

I guess the best way for me to say it is that I feel the 9A tournament upsets will not boast well for them come tomorrow night...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two districts are very even. I don't agree that CA is better than last year. They lost alot of heart off of the team from last year especially Dyer. Still should make it back to state because of size and speed. NCS is definitely better. All the 9-A teams are good but not great. Will be an interesting night. Go 9-A.

These two districts are very even. I don't agree that CA is better than last year. They lost alot of heart off of the team from last year especially Dyer. Still should make it back to state because of size and speed. NCS is definitely better. All the 9-A teams are good but not great. Will be an interesting night. Go 9-A.

"about as good as" buddy not better... I agree that Heath Dyer was a somewhat significant loss, but I also have to believe that the majority of their current players have got better over a years time as well... This, in turn, leads up to my "about as good as" statement in which you responded so eloquently to...

Good luck to all 10A teams...

Go Warriors...

CA, McEwen, and WHH are ligit teams... All three are probably better than last years teams. I am very confident in the CA and McEwen games, and would be just as confident in the WHH game if they did not have to travel all the way down to Huntland...

CA - about as good as last year's team

McEwen - better than last year's team

WHH - better than last year's team

NCS - better than last year's team

I am sure that 9A has some team's that are better than their last year's teams, but the four 10A teams have lost very little and should be extremely competetive...

I guess the best way for me to say it is that I feel the 9A tournament upsets will not boast well for them come tomorrow night...

I disagree with a couple things. First, McEwen is a very good team. But they are not better than last year. They are missing a very good 6'7 kid in the middle and two very solid guards. Second, the "upsets" in the tournament were not really much of an upset. Forrest, Huntland, and Eagleville were the best teams at this point in the season. Huntland swept Forrest in regular season and Eagleville swept Huntland, and Forrest swept Eagleville. All were close games. Its just a matchup thing. Cascade finished up there because they got lucky against Eagleville in two close games (one overtime) during the regular season. Not to mention, the "upsets" probably help our district. Whoever finished 4th was not going to beat CA. And so it helps that the actual 4th best team is playing CA. Forrest's speed should match them up well against McEwen. That should be very close game. Huntland is a big team with one player that is very, very good. They are extremely tough to beat at home. I think anybody in 9A would be in good shape against NC.

Are all healthy at Forrest now>? Seems Huntland got by Forrest on a down night. Im sure they are kicking themselfs for not winning it all. Huntland will have to play a very good Heritage team that lost to McEwen in their gym with some questional ahemmm home cookin refs. But that is basketball at times.

Here is how I see it playing out.

Eagleville over Nashville Christian...Unless NCS has one of their ripping nights from behind the arc.

Clarksville Aca. over Cascade. Bar none.

Forrest over McEwen if they are all healthy...and those same refs are not back at Mcewen :roflol:

White House Heritage over Huntland. I have heard it is tough to play at Huntland as well. Any comments about that.

So, 2-2. Each dist gets 2 into the next round.

what is up with all the hating on mcewen? and 10a should always man handle 9a because 9a is a joke

Edited by GoHAM23

In atightly called game Huntland outlasts White House Heritage. First half the fouls went against WHH the second half the fouls went against the Hornets. Way to overcome some adversity and get a big win Hornets. Tough assignment with CA coming up. Believe in your coaches and your teammates nothing is impossible.

I'm not so sure about that Rebel Boy. You're right, the game was tightly called... but more so on one team. The foul count was 7-1 by the end of the first qtr, with 3 WHH starters sitting on the bench. The only foul called on Huntland at that time was a charge. This allowed Huntland to stay in the game early, as WHH had already ran out to a double digit lead. The fouls quickly racked up against WHH at the start of the 3rd QTR, forcing the 2 WHH big men to the bench until into the 4th QTR. The WHH 5 was given 3 fouls in a little more than 4 minutes, and they were weak considering some of the contact being allowed. Again, once the guys had to sit, Huntland was able to make a run and take over the game. You're right about some make up fouls going aginst the Hornets later in the game. But by that time - the damage was already done and WHH was taken out of the game. It had been said prior that WHH wouldn't get many calls in that gym, and that certainly proved true during the critical parts of the game. 2/3 of the officiating crew was horrible.

Too bad WHH couldn't have completed the 10A sweep over 9A. No credit was coming the way of 10A from the south part of the state. Seems to be that way each year... in both BB and FB. Good job 10A!

I'm not so sure about that Rebel Boy. You're right, the game was tightly called... but more so on one team. The foul count was 7-1 by the end of the first qtr, with 3 WHH starters sitting on the bench. The only foul called on Huntland at that time was a charge. This allowed Huntland to stay in the game early, as WHH had already ran out to a double digit lead. The fouls quickly racked up against WHH at the start of the 3rd QTR, forcing the 2 WHH big men to the bench until into the 4th QTR. The WHH 5 was given 3 fouls in a little more than 4 minutes, and they were weak considering some of the contact being allowed. Again, once the guys had to sit, Huntland was able to make a run and take over the game. You're right about some make up fouls going aginst the Hornets later in the game. But by that time - the damage was already done and WHH was taken out of the game. It had been said prior that WHH wouldn't get many calls in that gym, and that certainly proved true during the critical parts of the game. 2/3 of the officiating crew was horrible.

Too bad WHH couldn't have completed the 10A sweep over 9A. No credit was coming the way of 10A from the south part of the state. Seems to be that way each year... in both BB and FB. Good job 10A!

Were we even watching the same game?....I guess the calls made by the refs is why Huntland came from 10 down back to getting a W...humm?...sounds a little like whining to me...lol....GO HORNETS!!!!

The officials were from yalls association. I knew someone would get on here and cry about the way the game was called. We didnt have our best player for this game and no one from huntland used that as excuse. It would have helped if you had quit fouling. It was a good game to watch and the best TEAM won.

No doubt Rebelboy. Huntland had one of their starters on the bench. That says ALOT about the Huntland Hornets and EVEN MORE ABOUT White House Heritage. Big game next Huntland. Let's go boys!! Come together and do what everyone thinks you can't. GO HORNETS!!!!!

No doubt Rebelboy. Huntland had one of their starters on the bench. That says ALOT about the Huntland Hornets and EVEN MORE ABOUT White House Heritage. Big game next Huntland. Let's go boys!! Come together and do what everyone thinks you can't. GO HORNETS!!!!!

Huntland has had a good season but it will come to a end tuesday night when they play CA. It wont matter how much help they get from the refs.

Were we even watching the same game?....I guess the calls made by the refs is why Huntland came from 10 down back to getting a W...humm?...sounds a little like whining to me...lol....GO HORNETS!!!!

if heritage didnt get in foul trouble they would have won. that has been there biggest problem all year there big men cant stay out of foul trouble