Cariona Hassell: Goodpasture SUPER-freshman in 9AA...

5-Sport Dad

some would argue, she's not even the best player on their team let alone in the district. I wouldn't, but some have. She's going to be a very good player, maybe eventually a great player, but please... pat & geno, really? Nobody and I mean nobody in 9AA is currently getting looked at by patricia &/or geno.

Edited by fullcourtpress22

some would argue, she's not even the best player on their team let alone in the district. I wouldn't, but some have. She's going to be a very good player, maybe eventually a great player, but please... pat & geno, really? Nobody and I mean nobody in 9AA is currently getting looked at by patricia &/or geno.

When you see her in high school play, that's the overflow of what she is doing in the summer. She plays on the best aau team in Tennessee. Tennessee Team Pride 2014 gold has been ranked in the top ten in the nation for last three years. So the top coaches are going to see her with better talent than what you see in 9aa. The season is not over you will eat your words!!!!

Could not agree more, nic, many people do not understand the time and effort and sacrafices these girls put into this. In my opinion high school is just a warm up for the aau season and that is when it is showtime. The play of many of these girls will be at a totally different level when they are surrounded by girls that are of equal or better. Lets pull for our Tennessee players to do well instead of telling them why they can not play here or there.

Could not agree more, nic, many people do not understand the time and effort and sacrafices these girls put into this. In my opinion high school is just a warm up for the aau season and that is when it is showtime. The play of many of these girls will be at a totally different level when they are surrounded by girls that are of equal or better. Lets pull for our Tennessee players to do well instead of telling them why they can not play here or there.

That is a sad attitude, at least it comes across badly. School ball is a chance for the players to represent their schools and communities in a positive way. "Showtime" make it sound like you think those things are unimportant and can't wait to see them on display for college coaches. There's time for all that later.

That is a sad attitude, at least it comes across badly. School ball is a chance for the players to represent their schools and communities in a positive way. "Showtime" make it sound like you think those things are unimportant and can't wait to see them on display for college coaches. There's time for all that later.

High school ball is so different than aau because of the shot clock. Showtime is a good word because the player's talents are used a lot more. But the high school game needs a shot clock.I have watch my daughter play both. High school makes the girls that play in the summer more of the leaders on the floor.

I agree 100 1,000%.

While AAU and 'summer travel teams' have provided better and more passionate coaching for 2 of my children, I HATE IT when someone downplays the importance of school and community. It's a sad commentary on where our society has failed the family and our country, in my humble opinion. It would be almost impossible to reverse now, but it could be done if parents and school administrators put more emphasis and accountability on 'quality and competence' in coaching/athletics. Heck, academics could stand a bit of that, too, but that's another thread, I guess.