Region 4-AA at White Co. High School

swipper

Right on for 1st round. Got LA squeaking by Upperman and beating Cannon for the Regional Championship! This could go several different ways though, looking forward to it!!!

First round sounds pretty good, expecting a possible upset in that round though, Upperman better watch Chatt Christian at their place, could be a very interesting 2nd round and final Lady Jackets are :hungry: This is a GREAT time of the Year :thumb:

Cannon: very tough. It sounds as if they had Livingston on the ropes in the district and just couldn't finish them off, if they can get past Grundy there's no reason a game vs Livingston/Upperman won't be another tossup. Whoever finishes second will be in a dogfight in the sectional, even more of a reason to win the region. This will probably stir it up but I'd pick them by 10-15 over Grundy. They are the best team Sequatchie has played, GPS would be a second. They are tough defensively, made everyone get involved in getting the ball up the court and getting touches while running the offense, nothing easy especially early, and five different players for Seq had at least one turnover in the first quarter (eight total). I think Sequatchie could have handled it better, some of the turnovers were unpressured, but they didn't and fell behind 10-0 and 19-2. 19-5 after a quarter after a late three.

Things were much the same in the second quarter, 37-13 at the half. Sequatchie did better offensively in the third quarter against a starter/backup mix, but CC made five threes and led 63-28. They let up in the fourth as mentioned.

I believe Scissom led CC in scoring with around 15, but most everyone scored or had assists/both. They shot well up close and far out, took care of the ball until a little sloppiness late with backups (five turnovers in first three quarters).

For Seq, Barker (jr) scored 12 points, had six assists, five rebounds, not a bad job handling the ball considering the defensive pressure being applied with three turnovers. Lawson (jr) had 10 points and 7 rebounds, did a good job overall offensively low. McAfee (jr) scored seven. Frederick (fr) had six points on two threes, 7 rebounds. They will need to her to continue to be more assertive on both ends next year. Cannon had a freshman starter, that's impressive to be in the starting line-up of such a strong team.

Edited by Indian

Cannon: very tough. It sounds as if they had Livingston on the ropes in the district and just couldn't finish them off, if they can get past Grundy there's no reason a game vs Livingston/Upperman won't be another tossup. Whoever finishes second will be in a dogfight in the sectional, even more of a reason to win the region. This will probably stir it up but I'd pick them by 10-15 over Grundy. They are the best team Sequatchie has played, GPS would be a second. They are tough defensively, made everyone get involved in getting the ball up the court and getting touches while running the offense, nothing easy especially early, and five different players for Seq had at least one turnover in the first quarter (eight total). I think Sequatchie could have handled it better, some of the turnovers were unpressured, but they didn't and fell behind 10-0 and 19-2. 19-5 after a quarter after a late three.

Things were much the same in the second quarter, 37-13 at the half. Sequatchie did better offensively in the third quarter against a starter/backup mix, but CC made five threes and led 63-28. They let up in the fourth as mentioned.

I believe Scissom led CC in scoring with around 15, but most everyone scored or had assists/both. They shot well up close and far out, took care of the ball until a little sloppiness late with backups (five turnovers in first three quarters).

For Seq, Barker (jr) scored 12 points, had six assists, five rebounds, not a bad job handling the ball considering the defensive pressure being applied with three turnovers. Lawson (jr) had 10 points and 7 rebounds, did a good job overall offensively low. McAfee (jr) scored seven. Frederick (fr) had six points on two threes, 7 rebounds. They will need to her to continue to be more assertive on both ends next year. Cannon had a freshman starter, that's impressive to be in the starting line-up of such a strong team.

Should be a good one, have to play Cannon Co. close to the chest, with hand in the face D. They can shoot the eyes out of it from the outside, not sure what they have on the inside. I believe it will be closer than you think:) Have to remember we had a 21 -1 run against the Indians not to long ago as well. The Lady Jackets tend to play with the competition they face.