Private supporters unite...

RealGoEagles

Let's lobby the TSSAA for separation so we can get the public schools out of our classification.

I really don't have a problem with a split but since public supporters are so vehement in getting privates out.

Why do women want into Augusta. Anytime you aren't wanted somewhere natural human nature is to try to get in.

That's the basis for 90% of my argument. You love to hang your hat on your conquests over private schools but when you lose to them you cry foul. That's pretty hypocritical in my book.

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Let's lobby the TSSAA for separation so we can get the public schools out of our classification.

I really don't have a problem with a split but since public supporters are so vehement in getting privates out.

Why do women want into Augusta. Anytime you aren't wanted somewhere natural human nature is to try to get in.

That's the basis for 90% of my argument. You love to hang your hat on your conquests over private schools but when you lose to them you cry foul. That's pretty hypocritical in my book.

That is twice I have heard Augusta brought up. My take on that is... They can have an all men's club but don't bring in the women's masters tourney and make money off them.(can you say exploitation) Let there be all women's clubs, all blacks, whatever, the USA is a free country!

Posted by RealGoEagles:

You won't get any argument from the public schools. Your classification IS division II. The way to accomplish your goal is to go to that division in 2 years. :D

You're right. We want people that are going to bust their tails to make it in the world. to be successful in everything they do, including athletics.

We don't want people that hand out excuses like it's lunch. Who cry foul everytime something goes their way. We want people that are going to pick themselves up and be a man.

If you're going to go crying to the ACLU then we probably don't want you.

The only reason that the Division 2 schools have remained in the TSSAA is because the national federation refuses to acknowledge more that 1 association per state. Speculation says that if the public/private debate continues another national federation will be formed or the current national federation will face a huge court battle from not just Tennessee schools but from schools nationwide. This is not a local, state, or regional problem but is national in scope between the public schools and the private & religious schools. The adults on both sides should be able to sit down at a table and work through their problems but they both appear to be determined to get the upper hand and punish the other side because they have a different opinion on various issues. What the adults at the TSSAA should do is step to the side and allow both public and private school student/athletes to settle the problems that exist today. The students are more mature than their parents!!!!