East Lit. 13 White House- 12

Gerry Bertier

sad to say no radio broadcasts. no coverage on the local news either.

Looks like the White House coach was smarter than ALL of you bleacher coaches. He played a team that put a double figure thumping on them at home earlier in the year. He rolled the dice and almost won.

Since a team with a liegitimate SEC signee could not win at home against them, what really makes you think that White House could? Check the tape of the game back in the fall. Never close.

That game may not have entertained you, but it is not the coaches' job to entertain. If it was, Bruce Pearl would not be in trouble right now.

Looks like the White House coach was smarter than ALL of you bleacher coaches. He played a team that put a double figure thumping on them at home earlier in the year. He rolled the dice and almost won.

Since a team with a liegitimate SEC signee could not win at home against them, what really makes you think that White House could? Check the tape of the game back in the fall. Never close.

That game may not have entertained you, but it is not the coaches' job to entertain. If it was, Bruce Pearl would not be in trouble right now.

Yep. East Lit's toughest game on the road to the state tournament was against White House.

At this level, which like you say is the highest level of competition 99.8% of these players will ever see, what is anyone learning? How to not do your best?

Again, I feel sorry for the team that was told by their coach you are not good enough to play with your best effort. Those kids will never know if they could have won that game by giving their all. Great life-lesson there, Coach :angry:

Except for the fact they lost to EL earlier in the year so I think the Coach made a gutsy smart move. He did what he thought would help his team the most, would it have appeased you more if it was 75-74 in overtime? A 1 point loss is a 1 point loss, its no different than a "ball control" offense in football, in my opinion the coach taught the kids a great life lesson...know who you are and do what you have to (with in the rules) to try and win. I trust the coach knows what was the best approach for his team.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Except for the fact they lost to EL earlier in the year so I think the Coach made a gutsy smart move. He did what he thought would help his team the most, would it have appeased you more if it was 75-74 in overtime? A 1 point loss is a 1 point loss, its no different than a "ball control" offense in football, in my opinion the coach taught the kids a great life lesson...know who you are and do what you have to (with in the rules) to try and win. I trust the coach knows what was the best approach for his team.

Anybody else that's played East Lit straight up taken 'em to OT?

Somebody call White House's coach....