MidTenSportsFan

TheAlumnist

so is this Jackson County admitting to recruitment after constant accusation of Friendship recruiting?

that has to be the ultimate definition of hypocrites :P

no JC DID NOT recruit him. his sister transferred here to get noticed more in girls basketball. this will be my last post on this topic and it should be yours to cause everyone else has moved on from this so you can drop it now

Last night should not have surprised you MidTN. I told you 3 weeks ago what would happen but you had your head stuck in the sand and wouldn't listen.

It's simple math. FCS can get scoring from 8+ players consistently. JC had 1 scorer and a team full of other kids who flat play their guts out. Your kids played hard and never quit. They have nothing to be ashamed of other than a few idiotic acting fans and some parents wanting to fight our 15-17 yr old students.

Good luck with your girls team - we will be rooting for our region as you progress on to the State.

By the way don't make the mistake of saying the ole cliche' "wait till next year" FCS only loses 2 of those you saw last night and word has it that alot more talent is looking to transfer in to the "2010 DEFENDING REGION 4A - CHAMPS" for next year.

As you guys know from your JC - girls program, winning is contagious and draws interest in your program from far & wide like Red Boiling and Carthage - right?? :thumb:

i wish you knew what your talking about the "big girl' moved here and moved back to Carthage and played bb for Smith co. not JC and RBS got Sleeper from Carthage same time Leonard moved to JC

If everyone must know it is Hobie Leonard, he is the brother of Laken Leonard, and they live in Jackson County. No, he wasn't recruited, but come at the sametime his sister did. The whole time she played in JC nothing but slanderous remarks were said, and it doesn't need to keep going...So now that everyone knows who is what we can let it go!

Edited by swanson71

This sort of thing happens all of the time. As long as TSSAA rules aren't broken no one should have a problem with it. You don't even have to live in the county where you play. If a student lives in one county and attends high school in another, that is fine (1) as long as an out-of-county tuition is paid (if the system requires one), (2) the kid began their high school career there, or (3) they began somewhere else and sit out a year. A perfect example of this is Wes Grace. Wes has lived his entire life in Clay County, but has went to RBS since the 7th grade. If no rules are broken, who are we to whine about where a kid wants to play beasketball? I also know a kid that transfered to Gordonsville from Watertown where he played his first two seasons (this was in the late 90's). He never moved from Wilson County to Smith County, but he sat out his junior year so he could play for Gordonsville as a senior. This stuff happens. No one should care as long as the rules aren't violated.

If everyone must know it is Hobie Leonard, he is the brother of Laken Leonard, and they live in Jackson County. No, he wasn't recruited, but come at the sametime his sister did. The whole time she played in JC nothing but slanderous remarks were said, and it doesn't need to keep going...So now that everyone knows who is what we can let it go!

?????????????????????

I say let it rest!!! It is serving no purpose. As far as how the game was officiated, if there are tapes of such and they have been sent to the TSSAA, let them handle it. There is nothing else that can be done about it and continuing to fight it out on here is wasted time. If it was poorly officiated, there is nothing that can be done to change the outcome of the game, so it's not like TSSAA will take FCS out of the tourny and replace them--it is what it is. I wasn't there and don't really have a preference, but if there is a nuetral party who has nothing to gain from either team and no allegiance saying that it appeared that JC got the short end of the stick, then they probably did. That said, let the TSSAA handle it from here.

I say let it rest!!! It is serving no purpose. As far as how the game was officiated, if there are tapes of such and they have been sent to the TSSAA, let them handle it. There is nothing else that can be done about it and continuing to fight it out on here is wasted time. If it was poorly officiated, there is nothing that can be done to change the outcome of the game, so it's not like TSSAA will take FCS out of the tourny and replace them--it is what it is. I wasn't there and don't really have a preference, but if there is a nuetral party who has nothing to gain from either team and no allegiance saying that it appeared that JC got the short end of the stick, then they probably did. That said, let the TSSAA handle it from here.

When you lose and the foul shots were 30-42 and 17-21 its easy to go blame the refs.....but if you look at the film and watch the whole game you'll see its not as bad as JC makes it out to be. :unsure: Its water under the bridge.