Lake Co. vs Bradford

wardawg2038

[

I tried to post last night and every time ,it would say error and that I don't have permission to post .Have been having trouble for the past month from home.I can copy and paste and tried for about 30 times and it never would post .Anyway.I sent it to my email and saved it and am putting it on this morning from another computer..Just my thoughts and nothing more.

Congrats to Lake co for escaping and to Bradford for coming to play.Officiating was terrible.Both teams had calls go against them.Street got a couple early fouls as well as T.T. and Carnation.I try to tell things the way it is or at least my opinion.Poor play and poor coaching.Lake Co has about a 6 point lead with about 2 minutes to play in the half..Bradford stays in the zone while T.T. is dribbling out front.If you hold the ball,still going to go in with a 6 point lead and could be a 8 or 9 point lead if you hit a shot at the buzzer.Why not just hold the ball.Bradford can't score and they are bebind.Lake Co holds the ball for about a minute and decides to attack.If you're going to hold the ball for a minute,why not continue to hold the ball unless they come out.No patience.Can get you beat in a state tournament.Early in the 3rd quarter Carnation grabs a rebound and goes straight up and scores and is called for a charge.Have no idea what the officials saw.But Lake Co had all kind of opportunities to score but everyone missed easy shots under the basket.T.T. grabbed a rebound and missed an easy layup.Carnation threw up several bricks.Once should have had an easy layup but decided to spin and dribble and let Bradford make a play on her that shouldn't have happened.On another play Lake Co had a runout that Brooke pushed the ball wide open to Shamone but she missed an easy shot.And then Brooke should have had an easy layup but decided to stop 3 feet from the basket and missed.Use tha back board.And Lake Co has the ball with about a 6 point lead after getting a turnover and T.T. tries to throw the ball to Carnation and throws it 20 feet high.Slow the ball down,back out with a 6 point lead and take time off the clock.And had about a 5 point lead with maybe a minute left.Missed frre throws that would have sealed the game.Then Lake Co had a 3 point lead with about 13 seconds left to play.Bradford called a timeout.I told several that now we'll see about our coaching.Had lost a game to Obion Central in about the same scenario.Don't let a team come down and attempt a 3 ball.Not even an attempt.Make sure they shoot a 2 or Foul first and make them shoot 2 free throws.If he is telling the girls to do that in the huddle,not getting his point across.For some reason,the plan isn't working.Anyway..Bradford shot the ball with about 6 seconds left and ended up getting the rebound and Street made a miraculous shot but her foot was on the line.But the thing is..Did nobody not notice or was I seeing things.Did the ball that was shot with about 6 seconds left not hit the rim and bounced up and hit the top of the back board.Ball right then should have went to Lake Co I also thought Street took a step on a 3 ball about a minute earlier with no call.But the last play ,was a shame for Bradford to shoot and the one official call it good but two others over ruled him and then rushed off the floor.Not dishing Bradford.You ladies played hard.I actually thought Lake Co was outplayed for a lot of the game.I've always been a T.T. supporter but tonight just wasn't her night overall.I thought Combs and Street both outplayed anybody Lake Co had.T.T. won the M.V.P. of the region and Congrats .I'm assumming it's because Lake Co got the win.Combs and Strret very easily could have won this award.Probably the worst shooting I've seen this year by Lake Co as far as missing a lot of easy baskets.Glad to be playing at home but could just as well could have been Bradford.Even if they couldn't have hosted,could have moved it closer.Good luck to both teams this Saturday.By the looks ,Scotts Hill seems to play about the style of Bradford.Several of their games seem to be in the 30's to 40 score.

Actually, that is not the rule. The ball can role across the entire top of the backboard. It is not a turnover. The backboard is inside the court. It is only a turnover if it comes into contact with something touching the backboard such as a cable or something like that. Most people don't realize that rule, but if you stand on the out of bounds line under the goal and look up should notice very easily that it is not out of bounds. It is still in play.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, that is not the rule. The ball can role across the entire top of the backboard. It is not a turnover. The backboard is inside the court. It is only a turnover if it comes into contact with something touching the backboard such as a cable or something like that. Most people don't realize that rule, but if you stand on the out of bounds line under the goal and look up should notice very easily that it is not out of bounds. It is still in play.

You're right.It's a live ball as long as it doesn't hit the top and go behind the basket

Rule 4, Section I - c. All five sides of the backboard (top, bottom, both sides and front face) are in play. As long as the shot stays on the top of the backboard, it is still in bounds. When it falls through the basket, the goal counts. But once the ball crosses over the backboard - regardless of where it comes to rest - it is out of bounds.

Anyway.Just my opinion about the game.People from Bradford can also complain about some of the calls.Glad the girl from Bradford made it back on the court after receiving a cut above her eye.I think she had made a couple big 3's the first half.Lake Co missed a ton of easy baskets.Some should have been layups but for some reasons the girls decided to stop short and shoot a little two footer without the backboard and missed.Bradford could have won as well.Lake Co has to hit their free throws down the stretch.Good luck to Bradford against Scotts Hill.

Bigster, did not get to make it last night but listened on the radio and sounded like it was the type of game Bradford could win and we could've lost. 1st quarter TT, Shamone and Carnation all with 2 fouls each I was concerned. we were like 4-15 from 3 point range in the 1st half as well. Missed to many easy baskets and free throws last night. The thng is we played bad and won now we get to host in sub-state which is big. On the end of the game I know alot of people say foul and not give a 3 point attempt but I do not agree with that never have. Just play solid D guard the 3 point line and make them take a bad shot. Especially when you are undersized as LC is can't count on getting the rebound off the intentional miss of the second free throw. I saw Bradford foul with a 3 point lead vs. Union City and it almost back fired. First thing that came to my mind was UC has the big girl underneath if she rebounds and puts back the miss then they are in trouble. Girl banked in second shot but it allowed UC to set up press and force the turnover. They got a good look at the basket on the final shot. I am not a believer in giving free points with no time coming off the clock. That is just my opinion.

Was Street's foot really on the line??? on the last second 3 pointer? I mean, if the officiating was as bad as Lake Co. fans are saying????? Bradford folks....what do yall think?

I bet that Bigster and Wardawg and others from Lake Co. would be screaming to high heaven if Lake Co. would have lost this way.....right? Bigster? lol

[

I tried to post last night and every time ,it would say error and that I don't have permission to post .Have been having trouble for the past month from home.I can copy and paste and tried for about 30 times and it never would post .Anyway.I sent it to my email and saved it and am putting it on this morning from another computer..Just my thoughts and nothing more.

Congrats to Lake co for escaping and to Bradford for coming to play.Officiating was terrible.Both teams had calls go against them.Street got a couple early fouls as well as T.T. and Carnation.I try to tell things the way it is or at least my opinion.Poor play and poor coaching.Lake Co has about a 6 point lead with about 2 minutes to play in the half..Bradford stays in the zone while T.T. is dribbling out front.If you hold the ball,still going to go in with a 6 point lead and could be a 8 or 9 point lead if you hit a shot at the buzzer.Why not just hold the ball.Bradford can't score and they are bebind.Lake Co holds the ball for about a minute and decides to attack.If you're going to hold the ball for a minute,why not continue to hold the ball unless they come out.No patience.Can get you beat in a state tournament.Early in the 3rd quarter Carnation grabs a rebound and goes straight up and scores and is called for a charge.Have no idea what the officials saw.But Lake Co had all kind of opportunities to score but everyone missed easy shots under the basket.T.T. grabbed a rebound and missed an easy layup.Carnation threw up several bricks.Once should have had an easy layup but decided to spin and dribble and let Bradford make a play on her that shouldn't have happened.On another play Lake Co had a runout that Brooke pushed the ball wide open to Shamone but she missed an easy shot.And then Brooke should have had an easy layup but decided to stop 3 feet from the basket and missed.Use tha back board.And Lake Co has the ball with about a 6 point lead after getting a turnover and T.T. tries to throw the ball to Carnation and throws it 20 feet high.Slow the ball down,back out with a 6 point lead and take time off the clock.And had about a 5 point lead with maybe a minute left.Missed frre throws that would have sealed the game.Then Lake Co had a 3 point lead with about 13 seconds left to play.Bradford called a timeout.I told several that now we'll see about our coaching.Had lost a game to Obion Central in about the same scenario.Don't let a team come down and attempt a 3 ball.Not even an attempt.Make sure they shoot a 2 or Foul first and make them shoot 2 free throws.If he is telling the girls to do that in the huddle,not getting his point across.For some reason,the plan isn't working.Anyway..Bradford shot the ball with about 6 seconds left and ended up getting the rebound and Street made a miraculous shot but her foot was on the line.But the thing is..Did nobody not notice or was I seeing things.Did the ball that was shot with about 6 seconds left not hit the rim and bounced up and hit the top of the back board.Ball right then should have went to Lake Co I also thought Street took a step on a 3 ball about a minute earlier with no call.But the last play ,was a shame for Bradford to shoot and the one official call it good but two others over ruled him and then rushed off the floor.Not dishing Bradford.You ladies played hard.I actually thought Lake Co was outplayed for a lot of the game.I've always been a T.T. supporter but tonight just wasn't her night overall.I thought Combs and Street both outplayed anybody Lake Co had.T.T. won the M.V.P. of the region and Congrats .I'm assumming it's because Lake Co got the win.Combs and Strret very easily could have won this award.Probably the worst shooting I've seen this year by Lake Co as far as missing a lot of easy baskets.Glad to be playing at home but could just as well could have been Bradford.Even if they couldn't have hosted,could have moved it closer.Good luck to both teams this Saturday.By the looks ,Scotts Hill seems to play about the style of Bradford.Several of their games seem to be in the 30's to 40 score.

[

[

Bigster,

Your posts are usually pretty good and for the most part right on......However....

1. The ball hitting the side or top of the backboard is not out of bounds.....it must hit the back or go over the top!!!!! (unless of course it hits a support etc.) If you have seen it called otherwise they called it wrong.....

2. Your assessment of the game was otherwise pretty close....LC played horrible.....I have a feeling with the Miss Basketball stuff, the AP #1 Ranking....etc all had its affect and almost caught up to them last night, also thought they were playing not to lose instead of playing to win made us play tight.....maybe a good wake up call....we will see saturday night....if they play the way they play last night it will be over for this year!!!!

3. Missed Free Throws almost cost us this game.....specially the ones at the end....

4. Coaching wasnt the problem....execution of the what the coaches wanted was the problem.....these are 14-18 year olds.....how often does your 14-18 year old do exactly as told!!!!! I believe if after the 1st 3pt attempt all rebounded wouldnt have been a second attempt.....with 13 seconds left and the way we had been missing free throws to foul too early would have given them 2 at the line LC then with a 1 point lead, getting fouled with 5-8seconds left shooting 2 free throws....(the way we shot em last night not good) they get the rebound down 1 or 2 maybe with a great chance to tie or win......I believe the strategy would be to play good defense until about 6 seconds left then foul or if they rebound the 1st attempt foul.....now time would be too short for a game winning shot....NO Coach can do it for them.....can only prepare them.....and even then they still can mess up.....

5. Thought the referees were not region final material.....didnt do terrible...but it seemed the type of game they officiated was a little off.....calls didnt fit the game....too many tick tack fouls....missed the hammerins....too many fouls called period.....However, when it came to the end there were several tough pivotal calls that i felt they got correct.....not counting the 3pt/2pt decision at the end....takes guts to get that right with half the gym ready to eat you alive......The officials handled the situation correctly no official put both their arms up to signal a three.....the scoreboard operator incorrectly put 3 up.....then the officials came together and made the correction.....they handled it right, got it right even though the scoreboard operator humg them out to dry!!!!!

6. Coach Eddins looked over at the media table to ask them if it was a three or not they all held 2 fingers up telling him it was a 2 pointer.....

7. Did Bradford fans really Boo LC girls that were announced for all tournament!!!!! Did some of there fans really give our kids the middle finger....and did Combs as they walked off the court really taunt LC fans after getting beat.....I guess there are idiots everywhere.....but those fans who did this and they did I saw it as well as many others....those fans are classless!!!!! and Karma will come back and get you!!!!

8. To all those Bradford and LC fans that acted appropriately hats off to ya.....too alll the classless idiots at all schools.....go away!!!!!!! Lets teach our kids how to do things the right way!!!!!

Congrats to Bradford and LC for great seasons may we meet one more again....in the State Championship!!!!!

SBL

Was Street's foot really on the line??? on the last second 3 pointer? I mean, if the officiating was as bad as Lake Co. fans are saying????? Bradford folks....what do yall think?

I bet that Bigster and Wardawg and others from Lake Co. would be screaming to high heaven if Lake Co. would have lost this way.....right? Bigster? lol

IT WAS A GOOD CALL. HER FOOT WAS ON THE LINE. AND ALOT OF MISSED CALLS BOTH WAYS. BUT THAT IS BALL. ALOT OF THE CHANGE WAS THE WAY BRADFORD HANDLED THE PRESS. EDDINGS HAS MOVED COMBS BACK WITH STREET. COMBS CAN THROW OVER THE PRESS. THAT FREES UP STREET AND THE OTHERS TO FLASH DOWN THE COURT. IT CUT DOWN ON TURN OVERS A TON, LAKE CO HIT THE FREE THROWS DOWN THE LINE WHEN THEY NEEDED THEM. DO NOT KNOW HOW MANY COMBS SCORED BUT SHE WAS A HOSS LAST NIGHT. ALOT OF THE MISSED SHOTS FROM LAKE CO WERE FROM THEY PRESSURE OF BRADFORD. STREET AND COMBS HAD SOME BIG BLOCKS ON TT AND HART. THAT MAKES YOU RUSH YOUR SHOT. IT WAS A GREAT GAME TO WATCH AND IF THEY KEEP PLAYING AT THIS LEVEL THEY SHOULD WIN AT SCOTTS HILL. BRADFORD ALSO HAD STREET, BRATTON, AND COMBS WITH FOUR FOULS. CONGRATS TO LAKE CO ON A HARD FOUGHT WIN.

Yes, most Lake County fans would be upset but what fans wouldn't be. That is a terrible way to lose a game, but in all honesty Street's foot was on the line. I had a really good view of it from where I was sitting there was no doubt about it.

Bigster,

Your posts are usually pretty good and for the most part right on......However....

1. The ball hitting the side or top of the backboard is not out of bounds.....it must hit the back or go over the top!!!!! (unless of course it hits a support etc.) If you have seen it called otherwise they called it wrong.....

2. Your assessment of the game was otherwise pretty close....LC played horrible.....I have a feeling with the Miss Basketball stuff, the AP #1 Ranking....etc all had its affect and almost caught up to them last night, also thought they were playing not to lose instead of playing to win made us play tight.....maybe a good wake up call....we will see saturday night....if they play the way they play last night it will be over for this year!!!!

3. Missed Free Throws almost cost us this game.....specially the ones at the end....

4. Coaching wasnt the problem....execution of the what the coaches wanted was the problem.....these are 14-18 year olds.....how often does your 14-18 year old do exactly as told!!!!! I believe if after the 1st 3pt attempt all rebounded wouldnt have been a second attempt.....with 13 seconds left and the way we had been missing free throws to foul too early would have given them 2 at the line LC then with a 1 point lead, getting fouled with 5-8seconds left shooting 2 free throws....(the way we shot em last night not good) they get the rebound down 1 or 2 maybe with a great chance to tie or win......I believe the strategy would be to play good defense until about 6 seconds left then foul or if they rebound the 1st attempt foul.....now time would be too short for a game winning shot....NO Coach can do it for them.....can only prepare them.....and even then they still can mess up.....

5. Thought the referees were not region final material.....didnt do terrible...but it seemed the type of game they officiated was a little off.....calls didnt fit the game....too many tick tack fouls....missed the hammerins....too many fouls called period.....However, when it came to the end there were several tough pivotal calls that i felt they got correct.....not counting the 3pt/2pt decision at the end....takes guts to get that right with half the gym ready to eat you alive......The officials handled the situation correctly no official put both their arms up to signal a three.....the scoreboard operator incorrectly put 3 up.....then the officials came together and made the correction.....they handled it right, got it right even though the scoreboard operator humg them out to dry!!!!!

6. Coach Eddins looked over at the media table to ask them if it was a three or not they all held 2 fingers up telling him it was a 2 pointer.....

7. Did Bradford fans really Boo LC girls that were announced for all tournament!!!!! Did some of there fans really give our kids the middle finger....and did Combs as they walked off the court really taunt LC fans after getting beat.....I guess there are idiots everywhere.....but those fans who did this and they did I saw it as well as many others....those fans are classless!!!!! and Karma will come back and get you!!!!

8. To all those Bradford and LC fans that acted appropriately hats off to ya.....too alll the classless idiots at all schools.....go away!!!!!!! Lets teach our kids how to do things the right way!!!!!

Congrats to Bradford and LC for great seasons may we meet one more again....in the State Championship!!!!!

SBL

ALOT OF WRONG STATEMENTS HERE. FIRST THE REF BEHIND STREET DID PUT UP BOTH HAND FOR THE THREE. BUT HE DID NOT SEE THE FOOT THAT WAS ONE THE LINE. THE REF ON THE BASE LINE CAME AND TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED THEN HE WENT TO THE TABLE AND CHANGED IT, AS HE SHOULD HAVE. THE THREE WAS ON THE SCORE BOARD TILL THE REF CHANGED IT. NO ONE GAVE THE LAKE CO GIRLS THE MIDDLE FINGER AND COMBS DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE LAKE CO GIRLS. BOTH SIDES BRADFORD AND LAKE CO WERE LOUD AND YELLING. BOTH SAID BAD THINGS. YOU SHOULD NOT GET ON HERE AND MAKE UP STUFF. IF YOU LOOK AT THE TAPE I AM SURE YOU WILL SEE TT HITTING FRETHROW AFTER FREETHROW AT THE END OF THE GAME. BUT YOU DID MISS SOME.

Edited by daroundball

ALOT OF WRONG STATEMENTS HERE. FIRST THE REF BEHIND STREET DID PUT UP BOTH HAND FOR THE THREE. BUT HE DID NOT SEE THE FOOT THAT WAS ONE THE LINE. THE REF ON THE BASE LINE CAME AND TOLD HIM WHAT HAPPENED THEN HE WENT TO THE TABLE AND CHANGED IT, AS HE SHOULD HAVE. THE THREE WAS ON THE SCORE BOARD TILL THE REF CHANGED IT. NO ONE GAVE THE LAKE CO GIRLS THE MIDDLE FINGER AND COMBS DID NOT DO ANYTHING TO THE LAKE CO GIRLS. BOTH SIDES BRADFORD AND LAKE CO WERE LOUD AND YELLING. BOTH SAID BAD THINGS. YOU SHOULD NOT GET ON HERE AND MAKE UP STUFF. IF YOU LOOK AT THE TAPE I AM SURE YOU WILL SEE TT HITTING FRETHROW AFTER FREETHROW AT THE END OF THE GAME. BUT YOU DID MISS SOME.

I was sitting on the side that Street was on and she was on the line.I think she was trying to pull her foot back but time was running out.But still made an unbelievable shot.Someone asked the Gleason coach,who was sitting close to me, what he thought and he said she was on the line.Anyway.Some of the misses were due to Bradford but a few were uncontested.Plus the free throw that Lake Co made and was taken off the board because the official said a Lake Co player jumped too soon in the lane.Little things like that can cost a ball game.I have seen Lake Co, lose several times over the years with a 3 point lead and seconds left.Trenton boys beat us last year with a shot at the buzzer and then overtime and we lost.UNion City boys beat us when M.J. Brown hit a 3 with 4 seconds left and Lake Co was up by 2.Union City won the State.Trey Pearson hit a hot at the buzzer years ago with Lake Co winning by 2 points.South Fulton went on and won the Stste.This year ,Lake Co had Central girls by 3 with seconds left and had fouls to give and could have fouled the big girl with a couple seconds left.Instead ,Lake Co let her pass the ball to player that had a screen and watched the ball go through the nets.I'm not the coach but No way I/m going to let someone attemp a three unless they're at half court.I know the odds may not be very good for a player to make a 3 with time running out but they're not getting a 3 pointer if it were me.I'd give them a layup or either foul.If they wanted to make the first and miss the second on purpose..especially with just a few seconds..things would have to fall just right for overtime.One the ball usually falls off the rim and sometimes a scramble for the ball and hopefully the clock runs out.Of course there's always a chance we could get an official like the one at Greenfield that night and call a foul with 2 seconds left with everyone on the floor going for a loose ball.Or they have to get the rebound.That's just a couple things that would have to fall just right.The only bad thing is to get a rebound and the other team put it up onthe second attempt and make it and get fouled.Then you are really an idiot..lol..Anyway.Just glad to get the win.Would hate to lose a game like that to Middleton with the same scenario and sit at home and wonder if we should have let them shoot a 3,when you could spread out and make them throw underneath and give up a layup.Still win by 1.Just my opinion.

Edited by mrbigster

Volfan..If you listened to Cude on the radio,even he said he thought it was a 2 pointer.The only problem he had was with no replay in high school ball and one official called it a 3,then why would the officials step in and over rule him.But if I'm not mistaken,early in the game Lake Co was getting ready to inbound the ball and the official stepped in and over ruled the play.So,about the same.But to answer you question.Yes I was screaming to high heaven for even letting them attempt a 3 pointer.But the thing I also wondered about was..Could the officials just wanted to get it over with and go home and not wanted overtime.It may sound stupid,but what if Lake Co was winning by only 2 points and that same exact play happened.And the one official had called it a 3.I would just about bet that the three officials would have went running to the dressing room with Coach Johnson in tow with some angry Lake Co fans

As for the booing.I personally didn't see anything that Combs did or any of the Bradford players.I did hear the booing when the Lake Co players were announced.I saw one young girl from that side get on to the guy she was with trying to cover his mouth.I thought that was mostly just being mad at the way the game ended.I'm sure a lot of Lake Co fans would have reacted the same way.Don't think they would have booed the Bradford players but there would have probably been some.Would have been a lot of cursing after the officials left though..lol..Coach Eddings took things pretty well on the radio and even left the interview at the end wanting to talk to Coach Johnson.I didn't se anything that I probably wouldn't have seen from any other school losing in that situation.Good luck to Bradford in the Sub-State.

May be a wake up call for both teams.After beating Bradford 3 times and once very bad..shows you can't just show up.And had better hit layups and free throws..And for Bradford..shows that if they do come and play hard,sometimes things may not be falling into place all night but if you play hard,at the end you just may have that chance to win.And if they do play hard against Scotts Hill,just may be at the Boro.

Edited by mrbigster