Lake Co. vs Bradford

wardawg2038

Lake County wins 49-48. LC up 49-46 with around 25 seconds left TT gets fouled and misses both FT's. Street for Bradford rims out a three point shot tie up on rebound gives ball to Bradford. Bradford misses a 3 off back board, rebounds kicks to Street who banks in what crowd thought was a 3 at the buzzer. Ref saw foot on the line and called it a two so Lake County wins by one. Good job Lady Falcons and good game lady devils. now LC will host Middleton on Saturday in Tiptonville while Bradford travels to Scotts Hill! good luck 14-A teams.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Knight if I am Lake Co., which I am don't mind it too much because that means we are in the semifinals or finals of the state tournamnet since two teams from the same region cannot meet in the first round of the state tournament!! So here's to seeing the lady devils again!! :thumb:

Edited by wardawg2038

Bob Knight if I am Lake Co., which I am don't mind it too much because that means we are in the semifinals or finals of the state tournamnet since two teams from the same region cannot meet in the first round of the state tournament!! So here's to seeing the lady devils again!! :thumb:

Calm down, I just meant it would be real hard to beat them a 4th time. Seems like they are gaining confidence. Did not say it would be a bad thing, you have some rage or something built up. Hope you don't take "supplements". I was saying they might win the next time, which would put ya'll runners up. I guess you are good with second though by reading your post. And by you I mean you as an individual, not the lake county girls or THEIR coaching staff.

Thanks Bob that is what I was saying I hope both teams go on and do well. We have played 4 times and even though LC has won all 4, three of those have been tough games. to be a champion you have to win games like tonight somewhere along the way.Congrats ladies now let;s get ready for Saturday.

Actually teams in the same region cannot meet until the finals, so if they meet again it will be for the State Championship.

I wish I had time to go back and copy and paste all of my posts this year when I talked about Bradford being capable of being a dangerous team. I also said that if they have players outside of Street and Combs to step up at tournament time, they could be very good. I was criticized by several people saying that. They didn't win the game tonight, but played toe to toe with the #1 team in the state. I will also go on the note and say that I think Bradford is capable of going to Scotts Hill and knocking them off. It may not happen, but I think they're capable of it. Big win by Lake Co. and congratulations! Good luck to both teams in sub-state and in state tournaments if both make it! You guys should represent West TN well.

I wish I had time to go back and copy and paste all of my posts this year when I talked about Bradford being capable of being a dangerous team. I also said that if they have players outside of Street and Combs to step up at tournament time, they could be very good. I was criticized by several people saying that. They didn't win the game tonight, but played toe to toe with the #1 team in the state. I will also go on the note and say that I think Bradford is capable of going to Scotts Hill and knocking them off. It may not happen, but I think they're capable of it. Big win by Lake Co. and congratulations! Good luck to both teams in sub-state and in state tournaments if both make it! You guys should represent West TN well.

I RECALL ALL THAT. IT WAS ABOUT THE TIME THAT I SAID BRADFORD WAS A BETTER TEAM. EVERYONE SAID YOU LOST WALSMITH. I SAID BRADFORD HAD MORE PLAYERS TO SCORE BECAUSE THEY WOULD NOT BE WATCHING HER PLAY. YES I DO RECALL MANY THINGS YOU HAVE SAID. YOU HAVE BEEN FAIRLY SOLID.

[

I tried to post last night and every time ,it would say error and that I don't have permission to post .Have been having trouble for the past month from home.I can copy and paste and tried for about 30 times and it never would post .Anyway.I sent it to my email and saved it and am putting it on this morning from another computer..Just my thoughts and nothing more.

Congrats to Lake co for escaping and to Bradford for coming to play.Officiating was terrible.Both teams had calls go against them.Street got a couple early fouls as well as T.T. and Carnation.I try to tell things the way it is or at least my opinion.Poor play and poor coaching.Lake Co has about a 6 point lead with about 2 minutes to play in the half..Bradford stays in the zone while T.T. is dribbling out front.If you hold the ball,still going to go in with a 6 point lead and could be a 8 or 9 point lead if you hit a shot at the buzzer.Why not just hold the ball.Bradford can't score and they are bebind.Lake Co holds the ball for about a minute and decides to attack.If you're going to hold the ball for a minute,why not continue to hold the ball unless they come out.No patience.Can get you beat in a state tournament.Early in the 3rd quarter Carnation grabs a rebound and goes straight up and scores and is called for a charge.Have no idea what the officials saw.But Lake Co had all kind of opportunities to score but everyone missed easy shots under the basket.T.T. grabbed a rebound and missed an easy layup.Carnation threw up several bricks.Once should have had an easy layup but decided to spin and dribble and let Bradford make a play on her that shouldn't have happened.On another play Lake Co had a runout that Brooke pushed the ball wide open to Shamone but she missed an easy shot.And then Brooke should have had an easy layup but decided to stop 3 feet from the basket and missed.Use tha back board.And Lake Co has the ball with about a 6 point lead after getting a turnover and T.T. tries to throw the ball to Carnation and throws it 20 feet high.Slow the ball down,back out with a 6 point lead and take time off the clock.And had about a 5 point lead with maybe a minute left.Missed frre throws that would have sealed the game.Then Lake Co had a 3 point lead with about 13 seconds left to play.Bradford called a timeout.I told several that now we'll see about our coaching.Had lost a game to Obion Central in about the same scenario.Don't let a team come down and attempt a 3 ball.Not even an attempt.Make sure they shoot a 2 or Foul first and make them shoot 2 free throws.If he is telling the girls to do that in the huddle,not getting his point across.For some reason,the plan isn't working.Anyway..Bradford shot the ball with about 6 seconds left and ended up getting the rebound and Street made a miraculous shot but her foot was on the line.But the thing is..Did nobody not notice or was I seeing things.Did the ball that was shot with about 6 seconds left not hit the rim and bounced up and hit the top of the back board.Ball right then should have went to Lake Co I also thought Street took a step on a 3 ball about a minute earlier with no call.But the last play ,was a shame for Bradford to shoot and the one official call it good but two others over ruled him and then rushed off the floor.Not dishing Bradford.You ladies played hard.I actually thought Lake Co was outplayed for a lot of the game.I've always been a T.T. supporter but tonight just wasn't her night overall.I thought Combs and Street both outplayed anybody Lake Co had.T.T. won the M.V.P. of the region and Congrats .I'm assumming it's because Lake Co got the win.Combs and Strret very easily could have won this award.Probably the worst shooting I've seen this year by Lake Co as far as missing a lot of easy baskets.Glad to be playing at home but could just as well could have been Bradford.Even if they couldn't have hosted,could have moved it closer.Good luck to both teams this Saturday.By the looks ,Scotts Hill seems to play about the style of Bradford.Several of their games seem to be in the 30's to 40 score.