McMinn Central vs East Hamilton for Reg. 3AA Championship

blitzinbuc

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McMinn by 30 in finals.

McMinn is a good team, but they never have to play anyone till they get to sub state. I noticed they even got a bye in the region. Region 7 AA don't have any byes (Gibson County, Obion County, Liberty, Mcnairy County, Westview, Bolivar, Dyersburg, Lexington) 6 out of them 8 teams could win it on any given weekend in the Boro. They better enjoy the Region cakewalk. Better tighten up starting Sat. night. I wish them well. I stayed at the same hotel last year as the coaches and players. Very deserving and classy bunch of coaches and fans. Good luck. Going to get tougher.

McMinn is a good team, but they never have to play anyone till they get to sub state. I noticed they even got a bye in the region. Region 7 AA don't have any byes (Gibson County, Obion County, Liberty, Mcnairy County, Westview, Bolivar, Dyersburg, Lexington) 6 out of them 8 teams could win it on any given weekend in the Boro. They better enjoy the Region cakewalk. Better tighten up starting Sat. night. I wish them well. I stayed at the same hotel last year as the coaches and players. Very deserving and classy bunch of coaches and fans. Good luck. Going to get tougher.

Mcminn CENTRAL... But they just won 70-34, bring on the almighty teams from middle who is going to come to the round house and smack Central around. We are dreading it :popcorneater::unsure:

This year McMinn Central played the 9th toughest schedule in the state according to the schedule strength ratings on this site. That's the best we've had in at least 5 years.

Well, if we go back just one year we see that Region 3AA had two teams in the Final 4. Just because the local District and Region isn't quite as strong this year it doesn't mean Central never has to play anyone tough. And, as someone mentioned, Central had the 9th ranked toughest schedule in the state this year......so your claim is a little weak. I can assure you that Central respects who they will play in the substate. And being that Central has won the substate the last 4 years against an always tough Region 4AA team, they obviously know what it takes against good competition.

Well, if we go back just one year we see that Region 3AA had two teams in the Final 4. Just because the local District and Region isn't quite as strong this year it doesn't mean Central never has to play anyone tough. And, as someone mentioned, Central had the 9th ranked toughest schedule in the state this year......so your claim is a little weak. I can assure you that Central respects who they will play in the substate. And being that Central has won the substate the last 4 years against an always tough Region 4AA team, they obviously know what it takes against good competition.

We lost to Livingston 4 years ago at home in the sectional/substate. We beat York at home three years ago. We beat Grundy at home two years ago. Last year we won at Cannon County.

You get Livingston, Cannon came back and won in ot

I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, but how did you guys get a bye and your first region game was a semi-final game? As I was saying, Sat. will be much tougher. I wished I lived closer. Will be a war. Good luck to you guys. I don't live far from Woodbury. Seen the Mcminn Cannon sectional last year. I had to stand to watch it. Was loud. Sure it will be electric Sat. night as well.

They got a bye in the region since their oppponent was ineligible after a district tournament fight. It would have likely been a 40 or 50 point win anyway. I don't see East Hamilton being able to do much at Cannon but give them credit, it's been a good year for a second year team. I still think they're fortunate to still be in Class AA with their current enrollment.

I wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers, but how did you guys get a bye and your first region game was a semi-final game? As I was saying, Sat. will be much tougher. I wished I lived closer. Will be a war. Good luck to you guys. I don't live far from Woodbury. Seen the Mcminn Cannon sectional last year. I had to stand to watch it. Was loud. Sure it will be electric Sat. night as well.

The Chattanooga Howard and Brainerd girls' teams got into a fight with each other at the Districts so the TSSAA banned them both from further post-season play in 2011 and 2012......thus McMinn Central and Polk Co. got a bye. Wouldn't have mattered anyway, McMinn Central would have destroyed either of those teams. Like I said earlier, McMinn's District and Region this season wasn't that strong......which isn't the norm.

Do you really think the McMinn Central players, coaches, and fans don't know Saturday's game against Livingston will be tough??? With the exception of East Hamilton, a team had better be ready to play when you reach substate action......whether at home or on the road.