Clay County hosts Lookout Valley

Boarhog

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookout Valley will travel to Celina Monday night to take on the Clay County Bulldogs. I don't know a lot about Lookout. Does anybody have knowledge of both of these teams? I've gotta feel good about the Bulldogs chances playing at home. What are yalls thoughts?

I don't know much about Clay other than what I have seen in the past years. But, LV is a team that has been typically weak in the past that has really shined brightly this year in a region that is not as strong as it has been in recent season. LV is a patient, physical team. They will not shoot the lights out but they will control the ball well. They have a big man down low who is very effective and productive. All the starters are very athletic and the team seems to have a good chemistry with each other. It should be a good match up. I coudl see it being a close game going either way but I would have to give Clay a slight edge because of LV's long travel and Clay's home court advantage. Clay's gym is a tough place to play with loud fans and strong community support.

Lookout Valley will travel to Celina Monday night to take on the Clay County Bulldogs. I don't know a lot about Lookout. Does anybody have knowledge of both of these teams? I've gotta feel good about the Bulldogs chances playing at home. What are yalls thoughts?

I don't know anything about CC, but LV is a dangerous team. Even against a very good CSAS team, they were able to do what they do best, and that is to slow things down and "make you play sloppy". They are very good at disrupting your gameplan and keeping the score down. They were up a couple of times on CSAS in the first half and were down by only 1 or 2 at the half. However, their big man in the center has a bum knee, and with every minute of every game, it was harder and harder for him to get up and down the court. CSAS regrouped at the half, and waxed them in the second half.

I know Van Buren played both teams multiple times this year. Now who wants a game tape? Taking bids now!!! Gonna be hard for LV to win in Celina. Advice for Clay.. Don't give them a chance to stall the ball. Jump on them early and make them play from behind. They've got some good athletes but overall aren't the smoothest ball handlers to say it nicely. But they did hit some big shots against us in the district finals when it was all on the line. I say Clay Co. advances in this one.

packed house wont be the word for it! :thumb: ... if the bulldogs play good team ball and get 100 percent effort from every player that steps on the court just like the did during region play they will be fine! good luck to the bulldogs i would like to see these boys make it to the "boro"..its been placed in their hands they just gotta take it and run!!! good luck to bulldogs :popcorneater:

I would say both teams about dead even talent wise. However, the difference maker will be Lookout having to travel and Clay County being able to play at home. Those will be 2 huge things that put Clay County over the top. Atmosphere is everything in these sub-state games!

Forget the travel to Celina, teams win on the road all the time. If Clay wants to beat LV you better keep them off the boards and prevent second chance shots. They crash like crazy. If Clay can win the boards, they have a great chance.

Forget the travel to Celina, teams win on the road all the time. If Clay wants to beat LV you better keep them off the boards and prevent second chance shots. They crash like crazy. If Clay can win the boards, they have a great chance.

Yes they do win on the road all the time, but this is sub-state and completely different than just a regular road game. Clay is a tough place to play anyway, so ou can't tell me a 2 hour bus ride then going to play a game where everyone is going nuts for the home team doesn't effect the team at all! There hasn't been a team from up here to win a road sub-state game in a long time and region 4a has sent some pretty good region runner up teams, not in the last few years but have in the past. So I think homecourt advantage in sub-state has a big advantage...

Yes they do win on the road all the time, but this is sub-state and completely different than just a regular road game. Clay is a tough place to play anyway, so ou can't tell me a 2 hour bus ride then going to play a game where everyone is going nuts for the home team doesn't effect the team at all! There hasn't been a team from up here to win a road sub-state game in a long time and region 4a has sent some pretty good region runner up teams, not in the last few years but have in the past. So I think homecourt advantage in sub-state has a big advantage...

Thought you were talking about the trip from Chattanooga to Clay Co. only. Sorry about that. I agree that home court has a huge advantage, post season included. They have not traveled very well this year so I wouldn't expect a large following from them. However, don't discount the offensive boards and second chance shots because they will try and take the air out if it's a close game.

Thought you were talking about the trip from Chattanooga to Clay Co. only. Sorry about that. I agree that home court has a huge advantage, post season included. They have not traveled very well this year so I wouldn't expect a large following from them. However, don't discount the offensive boards and second chance shots because they will try and take the air out if it's a close game.

Well road games are just road games, you win some and you lose some. However, when you get in the sub-state home court advantage is a 10 point swing to the home team, or so I think anyway. You add in travel, pressure, and the atmosphere and it's just hard on any team making the trip.