McEwen @ Summertown

follower93

33 members have voted

1. 1. Who win substate if each team plays to there capability?

• Summertown
    • McEwen

I don't know much about Summertown but if I go by what I have read then McEwen should have this game won if they play like they did against Nashville Christian. Not sure if all the information is correct on here but they say Summertown is team that gets alot of points on turnovers and by driving in. If this is the case then McEwen should do very well agianst them as they don't let alot of people drive in at all and if playing good then don't have many turnovers. I guess we will see how it turns out. Pulling for McEwen in this one though for sure think they will win by 5 or more.

Edited by follower93

I don't know much about Summertown but if I go by what I have read then McEwen should have this game won if they play like they did against Nashville Christian. Not sure if all the information is correct on here but they say Summertown is team that gets alot of points on turnovers and by driving in. If this is the case then McEwen should do very well agianst them as they don't let alot of people drive in at all and if playing good then don't have many turnovers. I guess we will see how it turns out. Pulling for McEwen in this one though for sure think they will win by 5 or more.

If Summertown shoots as well as they did in the Region C'ship, they should win easily. If they don't, the game will be much closer, but I still give the edge to Summertown because of home court. McEwen's best bet will be to dominate the boards and keep the game at a crawl (with minimal turnovers). Should be a great game!

Edited by WindUpBird

I dont know much about this years mcewen team but i saw them in substate last year against WC but i hear they havent lost much and just gotten better. Im expecting to see a good game, but i am still taking summertown by 7 to 10 points. thats just the advantage the barn (their gym) gives summertown.

I dont know much about this years mcewen team but i saw them in substate last year against WC but i hear they havent lost much and just gotten better. Im expecting to see a good game, but i am still taking summertown by 7 to 10 points. thats just the advantage the barn (their gym) gives summertown.

Can you tell me little about this team.. Since you know about them im guessing you know alittle about them.

This should be a good match up... I would consider McEwen slightly better than Summertown, but since McEwen is travelling to Summertown (hostile environment similar to McEwen's old gym), I am going to give S'town the edge by 3.

Keys to the game for McEwen...

Starting out well early in the 1st and 3rd quarters (playing collected)

Maintaining control of the tempo (fast or slow)

Blocking out (not jumping for the ball on defense)

Hitting free throws

Taking good shots and making good passes (playing smart)

Embrace the atmosphere (use the atmosphere in a positive effect)

I will somewhat state the obvious... If McEwen shows up and plays the way they are capable of playing, they should win... neglecting the possiblity of a Hot S'town, ice cold McEwen which could very well happen...

Play every second like it is your last becasue at the end the game it might be... No regrets, and leave it all on the floor...

This should be a good match up... I would consider McEwen slightly better than Summertown, but since McEwen is travelling to Summertown (hostile environment similar to McEwen's old gym), I am going to give S'town the edge by 3.

Keys to the game for McEwen...

Starting out well early in the 1st and 3rd quarters (playing collected)

Maintaining control of the tempo (fast or slow)

Blocking out (not jumping for the ball on defense)

Hitting free throws

Taking good shots and making good passes (playing smart)

Embrace the atmosphere (use the atmosphere in a positive effect)

I will somewhat state the obvious... If McEwen shows up and plays the way they are capable of playing, they should win... neglecting the possiblity of a Hot S'town, ice cold McEwen which could very well happen...

Play every second like it is your last becasue at the end the game it might be... No regrets, and leave it all on the floor...

Agreed! McEwen can't played like they did against Clarksville Academy or they will get stomp in the ground. But I just learned the Summertown as a kid that is pretty good at rebounding not sure if it will make a difference. I think McEwen will be the better team in rebounding. Just not sure on there shooting they get hyped up and moving the ball to fast and they make careless mistakes at that and terrible shoots. Thats McEwens only problem is that they move the ball to fast trying to score but if they go slower they could find a opening very easy. They have a good post that can just about make any shoot that needs to be made plus two good wings and a awesome point gaurd that can get him the ball anytime also there coach is a very good coach and will find a play that will work. They just need to take there time and they will win this game.

Edited by follower93

I would probably give the nod to Clifton... I doubt that I would even put Mullinicks on Clifton, being as S'town plays several guards... I would match up Long (lengthy guard) or Harbison (smart, tough) on Clifton... They share a similar role, and McEwen will likely struggle with Mullinicks out with foul trouble..., but the foul trouble seneario has yet to be a major issue with the guards... I would not say that McEwen has any elite defenders, but they are long and somewhat quick... Probably taller than most teams S'town has faced... this might give Clifton a little trouble having to adjust his shot more often than he is used to...