A Lesson From Region 8A...

JaxMan

Region 8A is made up of all Public schools.. No Private schools. Bruceton has won the region every year since they joined it 3 or 4 years ago. Greenfield is always in the hunt...South Fulton and West Carroll are also contenders some years and less so some years...Gleason and Lake County are always at the bottom...Does that mean Bruceton has an advantage? It must, because the argument I hear on here constantly is that if privates keep winning they must have an advantage...that winning alone proves that is the case. As I think about these programs, Greenfield and Bruceton have four lanes highways...Gleason and Lake COunty do not. Should we split out all cities with four lanes...Or could it just be that good programs find a way to win even when the size of towns, make up of schools, etc are not as diffenent as some might claim.

Posted by JaxMan:

Region 8A is made up of all Public schools.. No Private schools. Bruceton has won the region every year since they joined it 3 or 4 years ago. Greenfield is always in the hunt...South Fulton and West Carroll are also contenders some years and less so some years...Gleason and Lake County are always at the bottom...Does that mean Bruceton has an advantage? It must, because the argument I hear on here constantly is that if privates keep winning they must have an advantage...that winning alone proves that is the case. As I think about these programs, Greenfield and Bruceton have four lanes highways...Gleason and Lake COunty do not. Should we split out all cities with four lanes...Or could it just be that good programs find a way to win even when the size of towns, make up of schools, etc are not as diffenent as some might claim.

If you are reading all the post, winning is not the only arguement you are hearing. I don't care if a private never wins a game, if they are able to something(take players outside a district) that the public schools can not do, then that have an unfair advantage. PERIOD!!!

Posted by RealGoEagles:

Just keep legislating those state championships. Let them split I hope they do.

It's the American way, if at first you don't succeed, whine until they throw the people that you can't beat out.

I thought the American way was to buy enough people so you could win!!!!

Comments like your's just make people like me make comments as above!!!

My point is there will always be advantages and disadvantages. Some teams have better facitlites, some have more industry and therefore more children, some have better coaches. I am not sure that the playing field can ever be leveled to eliminate all advantages that exist. Therefore, I wonder why private schools have been singled out.

Posted by JaxMan:

I do not think that all private schools are buying people to win. My argument all along has been if someone is paying kids to play they should be in division two. But being private alone is not reason enough to be split off.

I don't think many of them are buying player either. It is just coments like those that RealEagles made that spur others to make comments like I made.

I agree, there will never be a truely level playing field, even among just public schools. But I still believe that a private has a huge advantage when their reputation can draw student/athletes from outside a zone or district. Especially large metro areas that would usually have these kids in 4A or 5A. On the other hand, I have personally seen what a private school can do to a small rural school when they have some true talent coming up.