Playoff Picture

Guest bulldog

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top three spots still up for grabs...

Seymour, Sullivan North and G-P are all undefeated.

Seymour is at North this Friday, at Rutledge on 10/18, and hosts G-P on 11/01.

North hosts Seymour Friday, goes to Pigeon on 10/18 and then to G-P on 10/25 before hosting Rutledge on 11/01.

G-P hosts Union on Friday, and then hosts North on 10/25 before ending with Seymour on 11/01.

Pigeon has the inside track for the 4th spot by virture of their 4OT win over Rutledge and they have three region games to close their schedule; North on 10/18, Claiborne on 10/25 and Union on 11/01.

Claiborne, Rutledge and Union all need help or to win out to get the 4th spot.

Rutledge hosts Claiborne on Friday and Seymour on 10/18, then goes to Union on 10/25 and North on 11/01.

Claiborne finishes with three road games; at Rutledge on Friday, at Union on 10/18 and at Pigeon on 10/25. They have 11/01 as their open date, which gives them a week to prepare for the playoffs by scouting the Region 2 teams should they make it.

Union goes to G-P Friday then hosts Claiborne on 10/18 and Rutledge on 10/25 before finishing at Pigeon on 11/01.

Knowing all this:

Playoff picture (in my opinion)

1. G-P

2. Sullivan North

3. Seymour

4. Pigeon Forge

[Edited by KevB1990 on 10-7-02 5:19P]

5-2A

1. Loretto/Lewis Co. Winner

2. Loretto/Lewis Co. loser unless Waverly wins out and Loretto loses to Lewis Co.

3. Waverly/Fairview winner

4. Waverly/Fairview loser. Harpeth could sneak in if they beat Fairview.

So alot is still up for grabs!

Since Davidson Academy beat Jo Byrns on Friday, they can get in the playoffs if they can pull one out against FRA. It is possible, then they would go in the #4 spot. If FRA beats DA, then Jo Byrns will get in again because they don't play FRA or DCA. It is really ridiculous the way they have that Region set up.

Prediction:

1. Ezell-Harding

2. CPA

3. DCA

4. Davidson Academy or Jo Byrns

Posted by sportsphan:
Posted by DelTavian:

I'll say 3-3A goes like this...

1. Howard

2. Grundy

3. Walker Valley

4. McMinn Central

with Sequoyah being the odd one out.

Can you just win one game and go to playoffs? That is crazy!!!

Del (who hopes Portland is #3 in 4-3A.)

Yeah, in a 5-team region, you only need to win one as long as it's a region win.

[Edited by KevB1990 on 10-8-02 9:19A]

If somebody could give an insight in how the 4-4A region is going I would appreciate it.

I know East Ridge and Cleveland are probably going to be the top two teams, but it's the last two I'm wondering the most about. These are the teams that Maryville and Central will have to play in the first round of the playoffs.

I have heard that Hixson is having a really bad year, so can I count them out? How about Rhea County? Red Bank?