McMinn Central vs David Lipscomb

jwcardin

I'd have to disagree with you on your last statement about the game not being close. Central had a 7 point lead starting the 4th quarter, and a 10 point lead with 3 minutes to go in the game.....which means that DL was certainly withing striking range. Central did pull away at the end, though. I'm thrilled they survived the trap game!

I reminded everyone the other day that we weren't playing Livingston Academy again - these teams over here are here for a reason!

I guess you are right, maybe I should clarify what I consider to be a "close" game! Being a Cherokee, we have had CLOSE games!! 2 and 4 points wins that were nailbiters...along with an OT to win Region, and 4 OTs to lose district!! So, after a few games like that...this Central game was a cake walk, ha! That being said, I believe the Chargettes will take it all this year! I sure hope so!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you are right, maybe I should clarify what I consider to be a "close" game! Being a Cherokee, we have had CLOSE games!! 2 and 4 points wins that were nailbiters...along with an OT to win Region, and 4 OTs to lose district!! So, after a few games like that...this Central game was a cake walk, ha! That being said, I believe the Chargettes will take it all this year! I sure hope so!!

I'm really more of a Cherokee fan myself, and witnessed the 4OT loss to Ooltewah, and the big win Monday night over Lawrence Co. in substate. You're right, McMinn won and lost some nailbiters this season.

I think Central has a very good shot at winning it this year, but I've thought that a couple other times, too. Hoping this will be their year.

I'd say a 5 point game with 45 seconds to go in the third is close. Most of the game it was 8 pt. difference. That is close enough to be within striking distance. I'll guarantee you the McMinn coach knew it was close enough to matter.

McMinn is a great team with some great players. They played a great game today and answered every time Lipscomb made a little run. Having said that, I'm so proud of the Lipscomb Lady Mustangs. Even though they got down early they never gave up. They kept fighting the whole game. With no seniors on the team this was a great experience. Hopefully it will be a great springboard to next season.

Great job Lady Mustangs and good luck McMinn! :thumb:

David lipscomb kept this game close enough to keep people sitting in their chairs and watch until the end. Lipscomb kept the game at a steady eight to twelve points. They kept exchanging buckets and didn't have enough gas in the tank to make a run at the end.

Nice game plan with the 2-3 Zone and what looked to be a Triangle and 2 by Lipscomb. Thought their girls gave it thier best shot. If you going to beat Central you have to hit your free throws and your share of three pointers. Folks are not going to get many second chances as MC dominates the defensive boards with Adams. The two "Twin Towers" from Central just too much. This might be the Chargerettes year for GOLD if they can continue to play great team defense.

Nice game plan with the 2-3 Zone and what looked to be a Triangle and 2 by Lipscomb. Thought their girls gave it thier best shot. If you going to beat Central you have to hit your free throws and your share of three pointers. Folks are not going to get many second chances as MC dominates the defensive boards with Adams. The two "Twin Towers" from Central just too much. This might be the Chargerettes year for GOLD if they can continue to play great team defense.

Hey Warhorse.....good to see you back on here!!