Class A State Bound Teams

Vandychris

Class A State Bound Teams  

108 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the gold ball? Place your vote and then make a post on how you would seed each team.

Remind me please, what are the State rankings?

Around here you'd better beware of whatever falls out of a sack!

State rankings literally mean nothing. Neither Summertown nor PC is ranked in the top eight, and I would say they both have a great chance of taking home gold.

State rankings literally mean nothing. Neither Summertown nor PC is ranked in the top eight, and I would say they both have a great chance of taking home gold.

Yea, I agree....but its kinda crazy to say a #2 ranked team in the State cant hang, or will be taught basketball...thats the only point by my post...and a good point at that...and yes I know #1 went down..goes to show that anyone can be beat anyday

To put it simple ...

1. Every score, win/loss record, nor any stats on paper mean jack. All teams IMO are 0-0.

2. Every die hard fan that has a team in it will and "should" really think that their team will bring home GOLD.

3. Their are no easy team left, only the best the 'Elite 8" if you will that the state of TN has to offer.

4. Over look a team and you'll be sent packing back to whatever part of the state you have came from.

and last but not least...

5. This is gonna be 1 heck of a tournament! Go Dogs!!! GOD Bless!!!

• Upvote 1

Passionate fans in Class A!!!!!! Even though we all come from small towns across the state, we all shre one thing--that being the privelage of being called one of the best 8 teams in teh state of Tennessee i smal school ball. We all wear that badge with honor. Some of us (Glazed) have taken that badge to a print shop and had it enlarged--you can't blame him, after all his team just accomplished the unthinkable in beating CA at home. Great job by the Vikings!!!!!!!!! As a Summertown fan, me and Glgazed share a common thread. When we faced our sectional, not many outside of the District 12 area gave us a chance to beat McEwen and CA. We proved them wrong. Now, Ii wont go out on a limb and proclaim Summertown will win the gold or even PC for that matter, but you can't count out teams such as ours. Summertown is led by 6 seniors that were there 2 years ago as sophomores. PC has a team full of juniors (correct me if I am mistaken Glazed--only 1 or 2 srs on the team) that are led by a coach that went 37-0 and played for Bobby Knight. Tthough I have been somewhat critical of the guy, I think he proved his salt with his strategy against CA--do not underestimate Kirk Haston--he knows what it takes to get it done in the Boro. I will say that if you underestimate anyone, your stay will be short. Let's all have a great time and enjoy this board together. It is great fun to have this outlet!!!

• Upvote 1

Passionate fans in Class A!!!!!! Even though we all come from small towns across the state, we all shre one thing--that being the privelage of being called one of the best 8 teams in teh state of Tennessee i smal school ball. We all wear that badge with honor. Some of us (Glazed) have taken that badge to a print shop and had it enlarged--you can't blame him, after all his team just accomplished the unthinkable in beating CA at home. Great job by the Vikings!!!!!!!!! As a Summertown fan, me and Glgazed share a common thread. When we faced our sectional, not many outside of the District 12 area gave us a chance to beat McEwen and CA. We proved them wrong. Now, Ii wont go out on a limb and proclaim Summertown will win the gold or even PC for that matter, but you can't count out teams such as ours. Summertown is led by 6 seniors that were there 2 years ago as sophomores. PC has a team full of juniors (correct me if I am mistaken Glazed--only 1 or 2 srs on the team) that are led by a coach that went 37-0 and played for Bobby Knight. Tthough I have been somewhat critical of the guy, I think he proved his salt with his strategy against CA--do not underestimate Kirk Haston--he knows what it takes to get it done in the Boro. I will say that if you underestimate anyone, your stay will be short. Let's all have a great time and enjoy this board together. It is great fun to have this outlet!!!

I found out yesterday that CA had not lost to a Single A school in 2 years and had not lost a home game in 33 games. I wonder what the odds had to be against PC?

Id feel sorry for the person not passionate about having their team going to the 'boro!

We'd feel confident going against a Brentwood, Bearden or a White Station....not that we're as good, just supporting a team we believe in and have faith in...because, with heart, hustle and talent, you could beat anyone on any given night! (although those three would be a looooong shot! :mrgreen: )...THATS THE REASON YOU SUPPORT YOUR PLAYERS OF THE GREATEST GAME ON THE PLANET! :thumb:

I found out yesterday that CA had not lost to a Single A school in 2 years and had not lost a home game in 33 games. I wonder what the odds had to be against PC?

You knew the odds Glazed. They were astronomical. LOL

I do want to make one correction to Chris's post. Summertown has 5 seniors: Bubba Clifton, Neylan Franks, Zack Long, Eli Matthews, and Jared Wright. Eli and Bubba were both fortunate enough to play at Murphy Center as sophomores. Bubba was the starting point guard and Eli came off the bench and played beyond his experience.

You knew the odds Glazed. They were astronomical. LOL

I do want to make one correction to Chris's post. Summertown has 5 seniors: Bubba Clifton, Neylan Franks, Zack Long, Eli Matthews, and Jared Wright. Eli and Bubba were both fortunate enough to play at Murphy Center as sophomores. Bubba was the starting point guard and Eli came off the bench and played beyond his experience.

Ok thanks for the correction--I heard Mr Long say it was 6----either way, you can never underestimate a senior dominated team!!!!!!!!!!!

Enjoyed you're posts and you hit the nail on the head,there is nothing like small town sports,the pride of the whole community shows up. Thats something that makes the Carter Co thing so special,2 teams 15 minutes apart being 2 of the 8 finalists, They go against each other with a ton of passion and pride ,but these 2 will support the other as long as they hang. I'm like you .I don't see a clear cut favorite in this thing ,but that don't mean this is a weak field. Its just parity. Could be one of the best tournaments ever. 7 of these teams are going to come up short ,but ther won't be a loser in the field. It takes winners to get to this point.

hahaha... No one knows who each other is playing. This is funny. I sure hope that they look at the Hampton Bulldogs like the normal weak East Tennessee team... Should be fun to watch "real b-ball". I guess Mr. Basketball finalist Nate Hughes might like to see all the other Mr. basketball finalist in the tourny... oh wait there isn't none. Go Dogs!!! GOD Bless!!!

Thats cause pc but them both out :P 2 birds with 1 stone.