McMinn Central vs Cannon County, (part II)

blitzinbuc

First of all congrats to Cannon for having a great season but have a question for the Cannon fans. Does it back yall feel better to boo the Central girls when they were walking in a halftime? I can understand high school kids doing it but the parents and fans did it too. Why? Maybe you have begun to up level of play from the kids and coaching to compete in your tough district but Livingston and Upperman can still show you how to act with class in the stands.

Another question. While both teams were on the floor in pregame warm ups. The two sisters mom pulled out one of those neon green Event Staff tee shirts, puts it on and goes out on the floor during warms. Is this allowed by the coaching staff? Or does she do what ever she wants? Once she got back to her seat she took it off. Since our guards did not allow either to hit a three I believe she should have stayed in the stands and let Coach Dodgen do the actual coaching.

First of all, that was NOT the sister's mom who went down to warm ups- didn't you notice there were several people wearing the same shirt. She's a fan of them. Second of all, she went down to give a piece of gum to another player not coaching advice. Just a tradition and she could go on the floor because her middle school team was ball girls.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know why the technical was called because the coach was asked about it by the media and that is what he said. I can provide a link to the story if you want.

Also, I had a clear view of the play and the intentional foul called near the end of the game by the lady ref was totally bogus. For the record the entire officiating crew was Greg Mathis, Suzanne Byrd, and Pete Norville. Since the refs are voted on those who voted for them should know how their selections performed.

Yes please provide the link I would like to read it, and I agree on the intentional foul call but it was a foul ,not intentional but still a foul and there were 2 girls who fouled the central player on that play I saw it very plainly maybe ,that's why she called it intentional. I don't know why she called it intentional but the foul was pretty obvious. And yes the refs were bad and have been real bad throughout the tourney I would like them to go back to just 2 refs.

Yes please provide the link I would like to read it, and I agree on the intentional foul call but it was a foul ,not intentional but still a foul and there were 2 girls who fouled the central player on that play I saw it very plainly maybe ,that's why she called it intentional. I don't know why she called it intentional but the foul was pretty obvious. And yes the refs were bad and have been real bad throughout the tourney I would like them to go back to just 2 refs.

Here's the link, look near the end of the article...

http://www.dnj.com/article/20110312/SPORTS08/103120321/Class-AA-Cannon-County-s-run-ends-with-semis-loss

I agree 100% that a foul was committed. It just wasn't intentional or malicious.

Edited by woodvegas

Here's the link, look near the end of the article...

http://www.dnj.com/article/20110312/SPORTS08/103120321/Class-AA-Cannon-County-s-run-ends-with-semis-loss

I agree 100% that a foul was committed. It just wasn't intentional or malicious.

He said he voiced his opinion, I would like to know what he said , not saying he was wrong cause they refs were terrible in this one for sure,but I think the cnnon player hit it right on when she said "We worked really hard," Cannon County senior Taylor King said. "We couldn't make layups and missed free throws. Things just didn't go our way."