McMinn Central vs Cannon County, (part II)

blitzinbuc

I was really hoping that I could get on here and say that we saw a great game between two great teams. Unfortunately, the referees absolutely ruined the game for both teams. It was horrible and maddening to watch. When any one team has four starters on the bench in the third quarter due to foul trouble, something is severely wrong. We did not get to see the true match-up that we all hoped for. It seems that the officiating is horrible every state tournament.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see or hear the game so I don't know anything except the score and tidbits from the few preceding posts. But based on seeing the two teams play exactly 1 time each on Thursday I will attempt to script the game highlights. I suspect that MC came out and pressed CC from the start and turned them over to develop the substantial half-time lead. However, MC likely got into some foul trouble along the way. CC probably found their range in the 3rd to tighten up the score. The officiating was likely somewhat inconsistent throughout, i.e. called loose for a while then tight or vice versa, which made it difficult for both teams to know how to defend. In the end, MC's starters returned to the game to finish off the victory. How'd I do? Am I even close?

Regardless, congrats to MC on the win and good luck tomorrow. Congrats to CC on a great year.

Congrats to MCentral on the win, you earned it. It was an ugly, ugly game for both teams. The combo of Adams and Masengil were too much to handle. MCentral's press didn't hurt Cannon at all. Cannon shot poorly and MCentral got in serious foul trouble. Hopefully, there will be a better officiating crew doing the finals.

Congrets to the Chargerettes! Sorry for Cannon Co...It is a crying shame that the two best teams in the final 4 had to endure the pitiful officiating that was in this game! Close to 50 fouls called...WOW! neither team could get into any rythem or let their best players play!! Pretty sad TSSAA, pretty sad...

Great post my friend. Watching it was just horrible. As usual poor officiating does affect both teams at some point in the game. Just too much inside presence with Adams and Massingal. Really like the way the other girls hit a three, make a pass or a steal. Takes a team to win championships. The "others" held on tight while the stars were on the bench. Played good enough of defense to keep the lead. I thought that Cannon County showed some inexperience down the stretch.

Edited by Old Warhorse

Great post my friend. Watching it was just horrible. As usual poor officiating does affect both teams at some point in the game. Just too much inside presence with Adams and Massingal. Really like the way the other girls hit a three, make a pass or a steal. Takes a team to win championships. The "others" held on tight while the stars were on the bench. Played good enough of defense to keep the lead. I thought that Cannon County showed some inexperience down the stretch.

If the refs could have left the whistles in their pockets, I think MC would have wiped them up. When both teams starters were out there, it was clear who the dominant team was. I would expect to see Cannon back in the Boro in years to come. They were a good team.

I didn't see or hear the game so I don't know anything except the score and tidbits from the few preceding posts. But based on seeing the two teams play exactly 1 time each on Thursday I will attempt to script the game highlights. I suspect that MC came out and pressed CC from the start and turned them over to develop the substantial half-time lead. However, MC likely got into some foul trouble along the way. CC probably found their range in the 3rd to tighten up the score. The officiating was likely somewhat inconsistent throughout, i.e. called loose for a while then tight or vice versa, which made it difficult for both teams to know how to defend. In the end, MC's starters returned to the game to finish off the victory. How'd I do? Am I even close?

Regardless, congrats to MC on the win and good luck tomorrow. Congrats to CC on a great year.

not to close most of the fouls were called in the half court after the ball crossed and both teams were set up.. most were touchy at best.. the lady ref did ok.

not to close most of the fouls were called in the half court after the ball crossed and both teams were set up.. most were touchy at best.. the lady ref did ok.

Ok, I can honestly say that this game was poorly officiated for both teams. 1 quarter was descent, after that I thought I would die. How can the TSSAA not have a head official letting these 3 have it. The refs dominated this game. I am a Central person through and through but there were some awful calls both ways. MCentral couldn't even play perimeter defense cause of the whistle blowing. The intentional foul on the Cannon girl was wrong. I too feel that if the game had been called better MC would have won by more than they did. I do not take anything away from Cannon they were a good team and both teams deserved better treatment than that got today. Good luck next year to Cannon hopefully we can do this again next year at the same venue.

If central starters weren't sitting a third of the game it would have been 20...at least. Cannon should be glad the refs kept it as close as they did. with that said its embarrassing more than one fan feels as if the referees were making calls in order to keep a game competitive.

Central could have blown this game wide open if they were allowed 10 fouls a piece! Uuuu say the refs were trying to keep it close LMAO, they were securing a MC win by not calling the 5th foul on key players until 50 seconds left, uuuu gotta be kidding!

If central starters weren't sitting a third of the game it would have been 20...at least. Cannon should be glad the refs kept it as close as they did. with that said its embarrassing more than one fan feels as if the referees were making calls in order to keep a game competitive.

Da, does it not make sense that if you foul then you have an advantage. Especially when its not called. In case you didnt know, your players were stting cause they were fouling, Daaaaa!

Da, does it not make sense that if you foul then you have an advantage. Especially when its not called. In case you didnt know, your players were stting cause they were fouling, Daaaaa!

Daaaa our players were on the bench aaand our non starters still handled them baaaaa what's your point?

Central could have blown this game wide open if they were allowed 10 fouls a piece! Uuuu say the refs were trying to keep it close LMAO, they were securing a MC win by not calling the 5th foul on key players until 50 seconds left, uuuu gotta be kidding!

I am a Gibson County fan and am a neutral party. I thought the game was officiated terribly on both sides. But, if your Cannon County you had numerous chances to take that game over and didn't. You missed way too many free throws and why would you not in the fourth quarter take it to the goal more with their big girls in foul trouble. The couple of times they did they made uncontested lay ups. I was not impressed with the coaching of Cannon. Mcminn, on the other hand, got the ball to their big two religiously when they were in the game. I think Mcminn took away Cannon's threes and Cannon had no answer. But, I will give Cannon County credit. They, by far brought more fans than I have ever seen. Very loyal fans and it was an electric gym. Mcminn is a very experienced team in the Boro. You guys will be back. Keep your heads up.