Hampton vs. Summertown

bulldog50

Even though I'm not from either town,I will give my outlook on this Summertown program since I have seen them play twice this year and numerous times in the past. First they are very well coached and adapt to any type of defense thrown at them. Their coach has plenty of experience. Not familiar with Hamptons coach but it sounds as though he is very good as well. Advantage nobody. You won't keep Summertown off the freethrow line they attack and finish, get caught sagging to help they jummp stop kick and pop the 3. They are a tough defense assignment. If they are hitting(as for everybody) they are good really good. They leave it own the floor every time I saw them. Now if Hampton plays that hard it should be very interresting. Good luck to both teams!

Even though I'm not from either town,I will give my outlook on this Summertown program since I have seen them play twice this year and numerous times in the past. First they are very well coached and adapt to any type of defense thrown at them. Their coach has plenty of experience. Not familiar with Hamptons coach but it sounds as though he is very good as well. Advantage nobody. You won't keep Summertown off the freethrow line they attack and finish, get caught sagging to help they jummp stop kick and pop the 3. They are a tough defense assignment. If they are hitting(as for everybody) they are good really good. They leave it own the floor every time I saw them. Now if Hampton plays that hard it should be very interresting. Good luck to both teams!

Great Post! When you make it this far, there are no chumps. You better be playing your best ball or you will be going home. Hampton also plays that hard. This has the makings of a great opening game. Good luck Dogs!

Reg season they were 25-3....Dist they beat Unaka, and lost to the Landers....Regional they beat Cosby and Landers....beat Harriman in Sub-state

Ok, didnt know, I went back and reviewed the schedule, its shows they won 30. I counted 30 wins on it but it could be wrong, I had ask nates uncle but he couldnt remember if it was 29 or 30 either so thanks.

Ok, didnt know, I went back and reviewed the schedule, its shows they won 30. I counted 30 wins on it but it could be wrong, I had ask nates uncle but he couldnt remember if it was 29 or 30 either so thanks.

You're right, I forgot about beating...was it...J Frank White?

Edited by uknoit2

If summertown has the scorin I think they will win I don't think Hampton will have the defense especially in the half court if they make stown turn the ball over on the press then maybe but if not then I don't think their defense will be strong enough I don't think Hampton will have enough scorin threat besides their best player #5 and they won't have enough down low presence in my opinion if #5 catches fire and people around him help him and they cause stown to turn the ball over then they will be just fine

but goodluck to both teams and I hope for a safe trip To the boro God bless!

If summertown has the scorin I think they will win I don't think Hampton will have the defense especially in the half court if they make stown turn the ball over on the press then maybe but if not then I don't think their defense will be strong enough I don't think Hampton will have enough scorin threat besides their best player #5 and they won't have enough down low presence in my opinion if #5 catches fire and people around him help him and they cause stown to turn the ball over then they will be just fine

but goodluck to both teams and I hope for a safe trip To the boro God bless!

during his junior year, #13 eclipsed the 1,000 point mark (as did #5) and was the MVP of the regional tournament. he can fill it up.

the offense will be there for Hampton, make no mistake about that.

There will always be teams that stand out speed wise. Just because you make it this far, doesn't make you fast. That's not necessarily a bad thing, just a different style of basketball. Speed does make a huge difference on the quality of defense a team plays. With that being said, I do agree on free throws. I have seem games won simply because of the amount of free throws a team was able to shoot and make. Others were blown because of an inability to make them when it counts. The North Greene was an excellent analogy, and her missing those free throws changed how she played the rest of the game. She didn't score again. It was the front end of a one and one, though, wasn't it?

Yes your right, it was a one and one. Yes I do agree with you it doesnt make you fast just because your in the tournament. What I was saying is, its a big floor with alot of room to run and plenty of room to move the ball. If a team is not in shape for a big floor they will be winded by the second quarter. Which most likely want happen to most teams.

When you get this to this level. Everyone has speed, no team stands out in speed. Plus anyone down at the big dance can win it. The biggest key to playing at the state tournament is playing great defense, without it you will get blown out of the gym in a hurry. Two you have to be able to make shots and make them count. Three the most important things is foul shots. Ive seen to many ball games lost because of this. Take for instance, yesterday North greene was up two with like 10 seconds to go and got fouled and missed both foul shots. Not taking anything away from them but that would have made a 4pt game and it would have been over. So everyone talking about speed, you will see what im talking about when you watch the games down there. Big floor with alot of ball movement.

Speed will be a factor just not as big as one as it was in a high school gym. Teams that press are gonna have to adjust to the bigger floor. Half court offense and defense is gonna be key. Adjusting to shooting in the glass house is something else i've heard people have trouble with the first time.