Unfortunate draw for McMinn Co. in AAA State Tournament

blitzinbuc

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First they get Bearden (which is about 40 miles away), and if McMinn were to somehow upset them, then they'd get to play Siegel (most likely). :blink:

LOL, Well..... Would you rather play White Station in the first round and if you were to somehow upset them, play Memphis Craigmont in the second round? :roflol: Welcome to the AAA state tournaments! It's not supposed to be easy winning a state title, especially in AAA.

LOL, Well..... Would you rather play White Station in the first round and if you were to somehow upset them, play Memphis Craigmont in the second round? :roflol: Welcome to the AAA state tournaments! It's not supposed to be easy winning a state title, especially in AAA.

My point is that their first two games (if they upset the first one) would be against the best two teams in the state. Granted, none of them are easy at this level.

I do hate to see Bearden & Siegel bracketed together......but that's how the ball drops sometimes.

Edited by blitzinbuc

My point is that their first two games (if they upset the first one) would be against the best two teams in the state. Granted, none of them are easy at this level.

I do hate to see Bearden & Siegel bracketed together......but that's how the ball drops sometimes.

not trying to argue but what makes you say Bearden and Siegel are the two best teams in the state? Im sure the Memphis people would argue with you and I cant say that I would blame them

not trying to argue but what makes you say Bearden and Siegel are the two best teams in the state? Im sure the Memphis people would argue with you and I cant say that I would blame them

I'd have no problem with people disagreeing with me, as I'm sure it really hard to determine until they play against each other.

I made the statement based on a college coach (friend) who has seen several of these teams play. And I know basing it on one game (I have no idea how many times he saw these teams), it would be hard to determine for me.....but maybe to someone's trained eye they could see which teams looked the best. But that's why they play the game.

I'd have no problem with people disagreeing with me, as I'm sure it really hard to determine until they play against each other.

I made the statement based on a college coach (friend) who has seen several of these teams play. And I know basing it on one game (I have no idea how many times he saw these teams), it would be hard to determine for me.....but maybe to someone's trained eye they could see which teams looked the best. But that's why they play the game.

the best team will be the one that wins Saturday and is holding the gold ball....

end of discussion. That is the reason the tournament is played. There are 8 teams left - they are all good or would not be there.

I have no doubt in my mind that White Station will be the best team in Murfreesboro, reguardless of class. As terop said, White Station features Minnesota signee, Andre Hollins, as well as a strong post duo in Nino Johnson and Marvin Williams. Also, the fact that Craigmont beat defending AAA state champions, Memphis Melrose in sub-state, speaks highly of Craigmont. I didn't see Craigmont this year, but to beat Melrose in a loser-go-home game, you must be extremely good. Now, your college coach you talked to must've not have made his way down to where the best high school basketball in the country is played, Memphis, or he would know that White Station is the real deal.

Bearden and Siegel are usually good during the season only to lose to a Memphis team at state. Until they prove they can beat one of the Memphis powers at state, they will not get much respect from the people out west that have seen these Memphis teams play.

I think Bearden has as good a shot as anyone. I mean they played last year's Melrose team to a close game the whole game. At one point they were winning in the 3rd quarter, and they led most of the first half. They ultimately lost the game to the eventual state champions; however, you cannot tell me that there is a team in Tennessee this year that is better than Chris Jones and Melrose last year. My point is Bearden didn't really lose anything. I'll be in attendance for this tournament. I hope it's a good one!