IMAC Scores

SHS1

Scott,

Once again, I'm afraid you were very misinformed by the players you have talked to. Powell and SC were in different pools and played a cross-over game. I personally saw the pools on the schedule. They both won their respective pools. This is the fact. Powell and SC split with Powell winning the Championship game. Both teams played varsity players and they were 2 very good games. I'm having a hard time trying to figure out why SC is trying to avoid counting this loss so bad. Good teams lose to other good teams all the time. It's baseball! Also, Powell pitched a freshman named Dean Kidd who did a great job. He is probably 5 or 6 in the rotation. Hagen came in to get the last 2 outs of the game.

I guess we can all just agree to disagree, but when is the last time you saw the box score of a scrimmage game in the news paper? :roflol:

Glad to hear Austin is doing well. Best of luck to you guys this year!

Trying to get back on the topic...I sent you a personal message PhatCat along with TSpoon.

SC not trying to avoid the loss, just what I was told which obviously Powell disagrees which I don't blame them at all for doing so. Always 2 sides, I only heard one. Each side going to hear what they want from there Coaches & teams. These tourney games are to see what you have got, bench, starters & possibilities, so a loss is a loss, I agree. I was under presumption that it was like a jv game SHS1, I stand corrected. But let's get back on track...I don't have a dog in this year's team, just a spectator.

SHS1, I was told make up for last's night game is April 30, is this what you know?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Doyle 4 Mo West 3 @ Mo West. Clifton got the win and he is now 4-0, 3-0 in the IMAC. Timely hitting by Moore, Cormack, and Hickey. Solid play by outfield. Houser @ C has to have the best most accurate arm in the IMAC. Threw out 2 of 3 basestealers and would have got the other if ss could have came up clean on the catch. Mo West is supposed to come to Robbie Howard Stadium tomorrow for the makeup game. 100% chance of rain may be another washout. The Kees are 4-1 in the IMAC and 8-4 overall. SD TEAM

Edited by Mi Kees

Another dramatic win by the South Doyle Cherokees last night over Maryville. Walk off double by the freshman Stansberry scored the tie and winning runs. Carr gets the win and is now 3-1. The Kees are 9-4. Mo East up this week. Go Kees! Anyone else playing or knows who is in the Smoky Mountain Classic next weekend in Pigeon Forge?

Edited by Mi Kees

Sevier Co played 2 times these last couple of days...

Knox Webb 13 SC 6

SC 4 Heritage 3

Got to go back to Seymour High today honoring the 6 State Qualifying teams. I was on the 1982 Team as an 8th Grader(showing my age). I was Greatly impressed with everything! Seymour has a strong tradition, and it shows on their outfield wall! I was on 3 other teams 1984, 1985, 1986 that would have went to state by todays standards. Back then, only the Region winner advanced. Thanks again to Seymour's Coaches and organization for honoring us!

Sevier Co played 2 times these last couple of days...

Knox Webb 13 SC 6

SC 4 Heritage 3

Got to go back to Seymour High today honoring the 6 State Qualifying teams. I was on the 1982 Team as an 8th Grader(showing my age). I was Greatly impressed with everything! Seymour has a strong tradition, and it shows on their outfield wall! I was on 3 other teams 1984, 1985, 1986 that would have went to state by todays standards. Back then, only the Region winner advanced. Thanks again to Seymour's Coaches and organization for honoring us!

Was there too. It was a good day for baseball and see a bunch of the "more mature" guys. Seymour picked up the win over Catholic.