HAMPTON vs LAKE Co

uknoit2

Hey bigster, at today's games were you wearing a green sweatshirt, with a pile of newspapers in your lap and looking very uncomfortable from sitting too long?

That was me..Had all the papers to see if the local papers had anything at all to say about Lake Co.Lake Co is off in a corner and the only coverage we get in from the local paper that comes out once a week.Nothing ever from the Jackson Sun as we're not one of their coverage counties.But all of a sudden they are writing a little about Lake Co at the State.Looked at the Muffresboro and the Tennessean and the team to watch.They had Perry VCo listed after beating Clarksville Ac .which they should have..had Middleton,which they should have..had CSAS..which they should have..had Hampton..which they should have..had Cloudland..not so sure after seeing them.No Lake Co at all.And Lake Co has beaten Union City by 37 points,beat a very good Humboldt team twice that is as talented as any team here.beat a Memphis Westwood team that was at State last year with most of their team returning..the only team to have beaten Middleton this season and split with Perry Co..But yet no mention of being one of the teams to watch.and then what happened.Went out and beat a very good Csas team.Most thought they would be the favorite from the State tournament last year..So..just glad little ole Lake Co is even at the Boro.

That was me..Had all the papers to see if the local papers had anything at all to say about Lake Co.Lake Co is off in a corner and the only coverage we get in from the local paper that comes out once a week.Nothing ever from the Jackson Sun as we're not one of their coverage counties.But all of a sudden they are writing a little about Lake Co at the State.Looked at the Muffresboro and the Tennessean and the team to watch.They had Perry VCo listed after beating Clarksville Ac .which they should have..had Middleton,which they should have..had CSAS..which they should have..had Hampton..which they should have..had Cloudland..not so sure after seeing them.No Lake Co at all.And Lake Co has beaten Union City by 37 points,beat a very good Humboldt team twice that is as talented as any team here.beat a Memphis Westwood team that was at State last year with most of their team returning..the only team to have beaten Middleton this season and split with Perry Co..But yet no mention of being one of the teams to watch.and then what happened.Went out and beat a very good Csas team.Most thought they would be the favorite from the State tournament last year..So..just glad little ole Lake Co is even at the Boro.

U beat us our first game back ....being rusty and without Jacob Tucker!?

Four fine teams left.Anyone can win.Middleton didn't play as well yesterday as to what they are capable.If Woody in on his game,they are very tough.Middleton -Perry Co is going to be a very good game.Now..Lake Co-Hampton.Nobody from Hampton is giving poor ole Lake Co much credit.The thing is..Lake Co didn't have the opportunity to play a team that they were 20 points better than before the game even strated.They played hard and took care of business against a tough CSAS.a team that many had in the final.CSAS had a fine team.#4 was a hoss..If I'm not mistaken,that was CSAS's first loss to a Single A team all season.I also noticed that CSAS had beaten Howard,a AA team in the State.They had lost to East Literature by 10 points.East is also in the State in AA and won yesterday by 1 point.I also saw that CSAS had beaten McCallie,a team that played for the Div.II State Championship.McCallie had beaten Howard,again a team that's in the AA State tournament now and had also beaten Stone Memorial,another team that is in the AA State tournament.So Lake Co beat a very good CSAS team,has beaten a very good Westwood team that was at State last year with most playes back and also is the only team to have beaten Middleton thus far.But still.People still not thinking Lake Co can win it all.

Edited by mrbigster

I know how you feel though Bigster ....being in the final four and not be noticed

U beat us our first game back ....being rusty and without Jacob Tucker!?

All I'm saying is Lake Co has beaten a lot of really good teams.And since Jan.have won 10 games in a row and 13 of the last 14.Also beat a team that yall are going to play tomorrow.So since yall have tucker now,yall shouldnt have any trouble beating Middleton at all since yall lost to us without Tucker,that we've heard a 100 times.We beat the players that had Perry Co on the jerseys.As for Tucker,he's a good player but I saw him miss a lot of easy baskets yesterday.Rhodes is the player that carried yall.And also remember,Lake Co didn't have Derek Swift then either,if yall want to keep bringing up Tucker.I'd take Swift over Tucker all day long.Swift is still rusty after only playing a few minutes in the last two games .But ..I'm just waiting for him to break out.Could be as early as tomorrow.

Edited by mrbigster

Four fine teams left.Anyone can win.Middleton didn't play as well yesterday as to what they are capable.If Woody in on his game,they are very tough.Middleton -Perry Co is going to be a very good game.Now..Lake Co-Hampton.Nobody from Hampton is giving poor ole Lake Co much credit.The thing is..Lake Co didn't have the opportunity to play a team that they were 20 points better than before the game even strated.They played hard and took care of business against a tough CSAS.a team that many had in the final.CSAS had a fine team.#4 was a hoss..If I'm not mistaken,that was CSAS's first loss to a Single A team all season.I also noticed that CSAS had beaten Howard,a AA team in the State.They had lost to East Literature by 10 points.East is also in the State in AA and won yesterday by 1 point.I also saw that CSAS had beaten McCallie,a team that played for the Div.II State Championship.McCallie had beaten Howard,again a team that's in the AA State tournament now and had also beaten Stone Memorial,another team that is in the AA State tournament.So Lake Co beat a very good CSAS team,has beaten a very good Westwood team that was at State last year with most playes back and also is the only team to have beaten Middleton thus far.But still.People still not thinking Lake Co can win it all.

Don't include me as one of the people not given Lake Co a chance, When the bracket came out ,I thought you're game yesterday would be the best game in the bunch.Lake Co is definately capable of winning it all. Like alot of people, Iwasn't all that impressed with Middleton, but Istill wouldn't count them out.I'm sure tey can play with anyone. Good luck to all 4 teams and GETTTTTTUMMBULLLDOGSSSSS

Lake Co. is the more athletic team, just like middleton is the more athletic team in game 2 tomorrow. Let's not kid ourselves. Good thing is athletic ability alone does not win games. It does help though. If Hampton lets that athletic ability turn into 3 or 4 shots per possession for LC, Hampton will be in trouble. If Hampton can stay even on the boards and not let LC's athletic ability turn into steals for LC, Hampton will be fine. Anybody can shoot better on a given night, but I believe Hampton is the better shooting team. Keep the turnovers and rebounding even and I think Hampton wins this one! I know some of the PC and middleton fans won't like this but I really think Hampton and LC are the 2 best teams left. I think Perry Co wins tmrw in a close one too, but they have to do exactly what I said hampton has to do and that is keep the turnovers and rebounding close to even.

NO ONE IS IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME YET. TO GET BACK ON TOPIC

AFTER SEEING BOTH THESES TEAMS PLAY LAKE COUNTY LOOKS ALOT LIKE HARRIMAN TO ME. THEIR POST IS BIG, AND YOU CAN'T PUT THIER GAURDS ON THE LINE TO MANY TIMES.

HAMPTON PLAYED A LIL SLOPPY IN THE 1ST HALF BUT PICKED IT UP IN THE 2ND HALF, BY FAR NOT THEIR BEST OR WORST GAME.

WHEN YOU AS ANY TEAM ARE IN THE FINAL FOUR IT IS HARD TO HAVE A BAD FIRST HALF AND WIN. LIKE THE GREAT LADY VOL'S COACH PAT SUMMIT SAYS: "YOU CAN'T WIN A GAME IN THE FIRST HALF... BUT YOU SURE CAN LOSE ONE".

THE KEY N THIS GAME MIGHT VERY WELL BE POST PLAY. REBOUNDS, LOOSE BALLS, AND TURNOVERS.

MY PICK:

HAMPTON 67 LAKE CO. 62

✯2 MORE GAMES ✯ MAKE IT HAPPEN ✯ GO DOGS ✯ GOD BLESS✯

Don't include me as one of the people not given Lake Co a chance, When the bracket came out ,I thought you're game yesterday would be the best game in the bunch.Lake Co is definately capable of winning it all. Like alot of people, Iwasn't all that impressed with Middleton, but Istill wouldn't count them out.I'm sure tey can play with anyone. Good luck to all 4 teams and GETTTTTTUMMBULLLDOGSSSSS

Middleton didn't play as well yesterday but they have a very good team and could take the Gold Ball back to Middleton with them.I think any of the 4 teams left have a legimate shot.

NO ONE IS IN THE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME YET. TO GET BACK ON TOPIC

AFTER SEEING BOTH THESES TEAMS PLAY LAKE COUNTY LOOKS ALOT LIKE HARRIMAN TO ME. THEIR POST IS BIG, AND YOU CAN'T PUT THIER GAURDS ON THE LINE TO MANY TIMES.

HAMPTON PLAYED A LIL SLOPPY IN THE 1ST HALF BUT PICKED IT UP IN THE 2ND HALF, BY FAR NOT THEIR BEST OR WORST GAME.

WHEN YOU AS ANY TEAM ARE IN THE FINAL FOUR IT IS HARD TO HAVE A BAD FIRST HALF AND WIN. LIKE THE GREAT LADY VOL'S COACH PAT SUMMIT SAYS: "YOU CAN'T WIN A GAME IN THE FIRST HALF... BUT YOU SURE CAN LOSE ONE".

THE KEY N THIS GAME MIGHT VERY WELL BE POST PLAY. REBOUNDS, LOOSE BALLS, AND TURNOVERS.

MY PICK:

Here's my take on the game tomorrow.Don't know about Hampton during the year.From yesterday only,I thought they had two shooters with Hughes being the real threat.I noticed he picked up a couple quick fouls early,one with Summertown on a fast break and he was in never land by himself.Lake Co has two very good guards and can bring another off the bench in Stetson Swift that was starting early in the season.Lake co also has Bledsoe,the tall white player that came off the bench that started the whole season until about the last 5 games.Then Coach B decided to go with B.J. Gauldin,at about 6'7 who got better as the year went along or at least gave Lake Co what they needed.Grab some rebounds,change some shots,a few stick backs.So if Ricky Boyd and Devon Jones gets in foul trouble,she has Bledsoe off the bench and now Derek Swift,who would more than likely be strating had he been on the team all year.So,Lake Co can play 8 players easily with no drop off and maybe even 10 in some instances.Believe she played about 10 players yesterday.Can Hampton still bring it if Hughes gets in foul trouble?I don't think so.I noticed the coach put him back in with 3 fouls and the game at that time still close.That told me he was the key.Lake Co is a quicker team tahn Hampton played yesterday so we'll see how the fouls play out.Refhael Tyler and Zay are usually pretty smooth players handling the ball and seldom get many charges called.I think Zay ,the little freshman will probably guard Hughes.Coleman is as quick as they come.Hughes will really have to work.I think he's a great shooter but not as flashy as the guards from Westwood or # 4 from CSAS.He can light it up if open.Even if he gets around Zay,Lake Co is pretty quick with off side help.Can the other Hampton players make plays when someone steps out on Hughes?Coach B may also opt out with going with Devon Jones or Ricky Boyd on Hughes.Devon is about 6'3 but has long arms.Boyd is about 6'2 and as fast as anyone on the floor.Both are tailbacks on the football team so speed is not a problem.Devon having long arms and also very fast and athletic may be the player that gets the call.That frees Rafhael up to play offense.I pick Lake Co by 8 points.

Edited by mrbigster