CPA4Ever predicts...

5-Sport Dad

2. CPA fires Ken Brooks who takes a team to the state final four with far less talent than Maddux has.

While I appreciate your frankness, I'm gonna take exception with this statement, too. I saw his '03-'05 teams and they had as much, and maybe even MORE, talent than this CPA team, in my opinion. Look 'em up: Hobgood, Sikes, Ferrell, House...BAAAD boyz and balluz...all of 'em!! Couldn't beat Lighthouse and some other Christian 'recruiting' schools (imagine THAT!), but good athletes and great b'ball players...with a good coach.

Heck, even the '07-'08 team is better than this one...with the same coach...

Edited by 5-Sport Dad

While I appreciate your frankness, I'm gonna take exception with this statement, too. I saw his '03-'05 teams and they had as much, and maybe even MORE, talent than this CPA team, in my opinion. Look 'em up: Hobgood, Sikes, Ferrell, House...BAAAD boyz and balluz...all of 'em!! Couldn't beat Lighthouse and some other Christian 'recruiting' schools (imagine THAT!), but good athletes and great b'ball players...with a good coach.

Geez. You guys are pretty hard on a team that went 29-5 and started 2 freshmen and a sophomore with the first player of the bench a freshman as well. I think that East Literature showed how important Senior leadership is during the stretch run this year. Congrats to EL and congrats to Region 5, with four teams in the top 7 in the state. Only two of the four get to come out of the Region.

You guys that get your kicks out of putting other teams down need to get a life.

Geez. You guys are pretty hard on a team that went 29-5 and started 2 freshmen and a sophomore with the first player of the bench a freshman as well. I think that East Literature showed how important Senior leadership is during the stretch run this year. Congrats to EL and congrats to Region 5, with four teams in the top 7 in the state. Only two of the four get to come out of the Region.

You guys that get your kicks out of putting other teams down need to get a life.

Based on the season long posts, you’ve missed the point. Not about the team per se, but how change in staff and player roster has transpired. I hear how people don’t think it is CPA any longer, but more like CPARCGB and whatever other initials you want to add from where players coming in from. Actually, I am a little surprised that the die-hard CPA posters who have been around for awhile aren’t somewhat concerned themselves based on CPA’s founding principles. Maybe those would think differently if it was their kid losing a spot to a group of transfers. I have been told from a couple of sources this current approach has understandably created some hard feelings.

Agreed, a talented group of HS players. Course most people judge talent based on how many Division I players on the roster. If TSikes had chosen the basketball route instead of football, had a shot at least as a mid-major, but decided after his junior year he would go football. AHouse and ZFerrell both were walk-ons – Belmont and UTC. Zach actually worked himself into a role his senior year as a back-up point guard.

Last 5 years legitimate Division I players on roster along with other good HS players. ZMason had many mid-major offers on the table before deciding Ole Miss football and HMiller signed with A-Sun member FGCU. The current group includes a high major in JLindsay and CBradshaw is being touted at least a mid-major. A talent definition on that criteria, does make it better. How many other 9AA or 10AA rosters boast of two Division I players on their rosters over the last 5 years let alone an interior/perimeter combination. So I understand when people talk about there being more talent, though not automatically a better HS team. IMO the 03-04 team in particular would have competed well. AHouse was not on the 04-05 team.

Based on the season long posts, you’ve missed the point. Not about the team per se, but how change in staff and player roster has transpired. I hear how people don’t think it is CPA any longer, but more like CPARCGB and whatever other initials you want to add from where players coming in from. Actually, I am a little surprised that the die-hard CPA posters who have been around for awhile aren’t somewhat concerned themselves based on CPA’s founding principles. Maybe those would think differently if it was their kid losing a spot to a group of transfers. I have been told from a couple of sources this current approach has understandably created some hard feelings.

Ken, If your posts were actually about founding principles you might have a point. But you and others on here take great joy in tearing down coaches, teams and players. Go back and read the posts on this thread alone. Your attempt to take the high road after the carpet bombing you've done to peoples reputations is laughable.

Ken, If your posts were actually about founding principles you might have a point. But you and others on here take great joy in tearing down coaches, teams and players. Go back and read the posts on this thread alone. Your attempt to take the high road after the carpet bombing you've done to peoples reputations is laughable.

Uhhh, I think he's made that abundantly clear...that he's talking, in the macro, about founding principles. Let's get real, though...it sounds like you don't care about the truth: You're kinda like, 'yeah, it's true, but let's don't bring up the negative. Let's just be positive ('cause that's how I(!) like it)'...when the whole world knows by now that the truth hurts a little and could even be embarrassing, if it were truly known. Maybe if we could just get MM to comment...

By the way, are you a school coach or AAU?...or neither?

Rus, you have misread my comments. This time founding principles was in reference to those who have been around CPA for some time (not me) as I “wondered aloud†so to speak. And yes I have referenced founding principles before along with perception/reality, what I know, what I am told from credible sources, and how change has transpired since all our factors. Can’t help it is not all warm, fuzzy and positive.

The only road we should be concerned about is the straight and narrow which is a road of truth. If I have posted anything untrue that is what you should take real issue with, but not just because you don’t like it. And posting in generalities as opposed to specifics doesn’t support your case at all. In fact, I view your approach as highly inconsistent. According to you, I am wrong and even laughable because you view me as critical, but you can be critical of me. Interesting approach and one you and others have no problem in taking. Yet, if you are going to be credible, you can’t have it both ways. Course it’s nothing new, if someone doesn’t have the truth to dispute the issues, then they turn their focus to the person.

... BTW, Coach Maddux did a good job of "recruiting" on 104.5 the Zone the other day. Talk about exposure in the Nashville area for a program. C-ya next year.

And don’t think that wasn’t a big factor in why the initial coaching change was made in the first place.

Edited by kbrks

• 2 weeks later...

6 or 7 years later and Coach Ken Brooks still can not let it go, simply amazing, go do another bizarre rap video...

Uhhh, I think he's made that abundantly clear...that he's talking, in the macro, about founding principles. Let's get real, though...it sounds like you don't care about the truth: You're kinda like, 'yeah, it's true, but let's don't bring up the negative. Let's just be positive ('cause that's how I(!) like it)'...when the whole world knows by now that the truth hurts a little and could even be embarrassing, if it were truly known. Maybe if we could just get MM to comment...

By the way, are you a school coach or AAU?...or neither?

If you have read my posts, you would know that I have been critical of the administration when I thought it was warranted. What I don't like is the repeating of rumours about high school kids that damage their reputations whether the rumours are true or not. You and Ken Brooks do this all the time which shows me that you have no regard for the "truth".

I am not a coach associated with the school. My opinions are my own based on my own observations.

If you have read my posts, you would know that I have been critical of the administration when I thought it was warranted...

What kind of standard is that, you can be critical when you think it is warranted, but have a problem with others when you don't? If you have read my posts carefully, any disagreements or concerns I have expressed are related to leadership issues, which even though you make it different in your mind, is really no different then the liberty you have allowed yourself.