Rhea County Eagles

kampkiffen

BREAKING NEWS:

A real estate buddy of mine tells me that John Gruden has purchased property in Rhea County. The RCHS administration is really bringing out the big guns for this coaching hire. Keep up the great work!!!

That not what I heard.. I was told Mark Pemberton was interested in the job :mrgreen:

Stick to being a fan and supporter because nothing you said here is factually correct.

Wes Caldwell put right at, if not more, of his own money into that basbeall team/field than the school ever gave him on a yearly allowance.

Grass Seed

Fertilizer

Mule Mix to fix the infield

Paint for the outfield fence

Repairing the outfield fence after floods

Replacing uniforms and accessories (socks, hats, ect.)

Baseballs

Bats

Paying Umpires

Paying bus drivers

Paying a substitute teacher so he could work on things outside the fence at the field because HE was DEMANDED to by the AD. Things that were brought up as his shortcomings when he was fired. Things that the AD NOW has an outside party do for the new coach.

All of this WITHOUT the money to pay an assistant coach.

The list goes on and on. heck I ever know of a former player of his who was late turning in his financial aid in college and Wes loaned the kid the money so he didn't have to drop out.

The way that money magically appeared to balance the book at the end of the year is from Wes writing a personal check to the school to cover it. The man spent the money that had to be spent in order to keep Jim Rankin field in the kind of playing shape that would make the man it was named after proud. So if you want to call the "team bank account" Caldwell's personal wallet then you might have a point. The money came out of his pocket instead of going in though.

For someone who claims to be a fan and a supporter you sure don't mind taking a dump on his integrity.

THIS POST IS 100% CORRECT

This thread is the armpit of the internet.

1. Andy

2. Ballard

3. Pemberton

4. Allen

I go after them in that order. If they all say no then you hire Cook, etc. and hope for the best.

Pride, Don't forget, if Andy's the man then Walt comes back.....Can't afford Ballard and he's got it made. He would be nuts to leave Greenville.

We can't afford Pemberton. He may say he is interested but this guy left a great Knox Catholic(PRIVATE SCHOOL MONEY)program so he making some big money and the school he is at will beat any offer we make. Allen's probably still upset over getting snubbed last time the job was open and when he left Bradley Central he cited the same reasons as Fitgerald.

The name I heard earlier today was Glen Ryan.

Stick to being a fan and supporter because nothing you said here is factually correct.

Wes Caldwell put right at, if not more, of his own money into that basbeall team/field than the school ever gave him on a yearly allowance.

Grass Seed

Fertilizer

Mule Mix to fix the infield

Paint for the outfield fence

Repairing the outfield fence after floods

Replacing uniforms and accessories (socks, hats, ect.)

Baseballs

Bats

Paying Umpires

Paying bus drivers

Paying a substitute teacher so he could work on things outside the fence at the field because HE was DEMANDED to by the AD. Things that were brought up as his shortcomings when he was fired. Things that the AD NOW has an outside party do for the new coach.

All of this WITHOUT the money to pay an assistant coach.

The list goes on and on. heck I ever know of a former player of his who was late turning in his financial aid in college and Wes loaned the kid the money so he didn't have to drop out.

The way that money magically appeared to balance the book at the end of the year is from Wes writing a personal check to the school to cover it. The man spent the money that had to be spent in order to keep Jim Rankin field in the kind of playing shape that would make the man it was named after proud. So if you want to call the "team bank account" Caldwell's personal wallet then you might have a point. The money came out of his pocket instead of going in though.

For someone who claims to be a fan and a supporter you sure don't mind taking a dump on his integrity.

Truth.

Unsilent gives new meaning to the phrase "athletic supporter."

Edited by RustyShackleford

This thread is the armpit of the internet.

1. Andy

2. Ballard

3. Pemberton

4. Allen

I go after them in that order. If they all say no then you hire Cook, etc. and hope for the best.

EaglePride1 here is my summary of your list, like it matters to anyone else but me. I do care about Rhea County Football and hope that they make the right hire or this could set football back to the dark ages in Rhea County.

1. Andy (never been a coach to my knowledge, but what does that matter right he is a legend in Arena Football)what is the draw here? he cannot suit up and play...Great players do not always equate to great coaches just look at the nfl and college.

2. Ballard (The inlaws are from greenville, only coaches, has money supporting the program, can get any kid in the county because of open zone, turf field, great stadium, won state last last year, stacked next two years) yea good luck with this one

3. Pemberton (I could see this, would be his third school in three years, even though he would not have the Catholic recruiting budget that managed a state title, hate the old school double wing)he is a proven coach or at least he took scholarship players and won a state title aganist public schools, sore subject for some people but he did leave when the scholarship players left...just saying.

4. Allen (just took over at Chattanooga Central, Central is open zone can get some players, short stay everywhere he has been, ask Bradley County what they think!, his family is from Rhea, Seems to be a good head coach)would not be a bad hire if he stayed around...

5. Cook (probably should leave this one alone as I went to school and played with Jerry. He would have my total support, do believe he would be a great fit)willing and capable, players coach