Oz football

thekidd0086

All great comments , I know Coalfield has a slew of offensive talent coming back but, still wandering what holes OZ will have to plug in their defense in order to stop the offenses they will be faced with who did they lose and who is coming back ? From the looks of their schedule Coalfield isn't the only team capable of putting up alot of points

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All great comments , I know Coalfield has a slew of offensive talent coming back but, still wandering what holes OZ will have to plug in their defense in order to stop the offenses they will be faced with who did they lose and who is coming back ? From the looks of their schedule Coalfield isn't the only team capable of putting up alot of points

Im glad to see OS add Kingston to their schedule.....i would also like to see them play Rockwood and Harriman too, talk about bringing in alot of money!

Im glad to see OS add Kingston to their schedule.....i would also like to see them play Rockwood and Harriman too, talk about bringing in alot of money!

I agree with you on that but we got lucky Kingston was going play Cumberland Co that week and CCHS called and asked if it was ok to drop the game so they could pick Bledsoe Co up that week so Vic called Brackett and got the game setup. On the Rockwood issue I was told Coach Webb was still upset how OS drop Rockwood 2 years ago and told Brackett no when he called this year. Coach Tapp at Harriman for some reason will not play OS

we cant wait to beat them agian this yr. we are loaded of talnt and will be best team in dist. cant wait to be the puppys and the bumble bees.

Ole Goat..where you been, man? I was hoping you got drunk on some of that moonshine you drink, stumbled off into one of the blizzards we had this year and froze your fingers off....Oh well...guess I can keep hoping for a table saw accident!

I know OZ has alot of returning starters on Offense but, what does the defense have coming back alot of points with a strong offense does no one any good if your giving up as many as your making I also heard that they were getting a new defensive coach who is he? Who is back and where?

To answer your questions,defense lost 2 starters that started every game, and 1 player that started a few games. I may be wrong but rumor has it that Coach Jones is comming back as the defensive coach. If I'm not mistaking he was the coach on some of coach Johnson's better teams. I don't know about being one of the favorites though. With what they have comming back they should have a pretty good team. But Coalfield is the defending champ so they should probably be the favorites. Nobody mentioned Sunbright or Oneida either but Sunbright (I think)didn't loose much. And I don't look for Oneida to have a re-peat of last year, they have too good of a program up there. Wartburg lost alot but you never know, nobody was talking about Coalfield that much last year at this time either. I don't know much about Oakdale or Jellico. Any way its almost time for spring practice to start. Then we might have a little better idea of who's got what. Good luck to all the teams and let's hope there aren't any injuries.