Anderson Co. Jamboree?

92Dragon

I know Clinton won 2-5A in 1997, and they won 4AAA a couple of years ago...That's just if we're talking about since AC has been good. They also won their region/district in 1992, and I think maybe once or twice in the 80s, but I'm not really sure. Before that, I honestly have no idea.

Up until 1999, the series between AC and Clinton was tied at 7-7. Both teams had a couple of three-game streaks, but since then it has swung heavily in AC's favor.

I think AC would've had a district championship in 1997 in 3-4A, but they had to forfeit something like 5 games because they played an ineligible player. Their record was changed from something like 6-1 at one point to 1-6 or something like that. Really, the penalty was probably harsher than necessary. However, I don't know that they've won their region or district since then, and I doubt they ever did before that. I could be wrong though. They certainly have been pretty strong, but they've always been in districts with very tough competition.

Even when AC did have really good teams, Fulton or Austin East usually won the district if im not mistaken.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AC Coach G and Cats Coach Blade started in 09 and Blade is up 2-0 against AC. But Dave has AC at 19W and 7L Blade has the Cats at 16W and 9L. Cant wait to see what this year brings But I think I made my point that AC is right up there with Oak Ridge. For the last 10 years.... :popcorneater:

Edited by Space3

• 3 weeks later...

What really surprises me with ALL the banter back and forth about AC vs OR is that.... BECAUSE... a little ole team like AC beat State POWER OR in 02 is WHY Oak Ridge REFUSED to play little ole AC from 2003-2008! Huge EMBARRASSMENT. 'Nuff said! :thumb:

How's THAT for some smack talk? The truth hurts sometime......hahaha

What really surprises me with ALL the banter back and forth about AC vs OR is that.... BECAUSE... a little ole team like AC beat State POWER OR in 02 is WHY Oak Ridge REFUSED to play little ole AC from 2003-2008! Huge EMBARRASSMENT. 'Nuff said! :thumb:

Sun shines on a dogs A** every now and then, so the saying goes.

And yes, i am sure that is the EXACT reason opressed, cause i am SURE you were there during the talks and everything, funny guy...I would say there is a better chance OR didn't play them cause why would they want to when they could schedule teams like Riverdale and Dobyns Bennett instead? That is a no brainer, good try though.

And yes, i am sure that is the EXACT reason opressed, cause i am SURE you were there during the talks and everything, funny guy...I would say there is a better chance OR didn't play them cause why would they want to when they could schedule teams like Riverdale and Dobyns Bennett instead? That is a no brainer, good try though.

Yeah, we were TERRIBLY afraid to play AC in 2005...we woulda mopped the dadgum field with yall that year...Keep your dreams alive though by thinking we were SCARED to play yall bahaha

...as a matter of fact, I WAS there. Can you say,"MUD on your face?" :oops: