MBA

oblong

I've checked dozens of media outlets and I'm yet to see any mention of any wrong doing by anyone at MBA. To go one step further, I've yet, in any of these discussions, heard or seen anything more than rumors/accusations. If any of the allegations were true, surely evidence would be easy to find.

The selfishness and malice of these few individuals is astonishing.

Edited by Redtwin

Incredible it has gotten to this point....smear campaign by one set of parents. T

TSSAA has already said no violation, no punishment, no problem.

A group of generous dads and supporters of school wanted to help a new needy family. BACK IN 2008. It has just now surfaced. Go figure. Now coaches are getting smeared. Lets move on to something else....

Roll Red

I bet this "new needy family" had a boy that could run fast or he could block and tackle better than others! Hey MBAFAN08 I have a son who is on the chess team but we are in need of these "generous dads and supporters", will CM find the way to get us the help "needed"? :roflol:

I bet this "new needy family" had a boy that could run fast or he could block and tackle better than others! Hey MBAFAN08 I have a son who is on the chess team but we are in need of these "generous dads and supporters", will CM find the way to get us the help "needed"? :roflol:

Actually, MBA just might do that. It's the reason that the school is able to claim statistics like the following:

-MBA consistently does well in producing National Merit Scholars, often with more students than any other school in the region. In 2010, MBA featured 16 National Merit Finalists (The most in the state.), 14 Commended Scholars, 13 National Advanced Placement

-MBA enjoys one of the top debate programs in the country. In 2005, MBA became the only school in the history of policy debate to win both first and second place at the national championship tournament. MBA debaters compete nationally and in the 2009-2010 season, won tournament championships at Georgetown University, Wake Forest University, and Yale University.

-Named as one of the top 50 theater programs in the nation by the American High School Theater Festival

-MBA has more boys in the Nashville Youth Symphony than any other school in Nashville

While the school is proud of its athletics programs and the fact that it has won state championships in baseball, basketball, cross country, football, rifle, lacrosse, swimming, and tennis over the last six years, MBA looks for students who excel in all aspects of student life, and academics, debate, the arts, and community service are all equally as important as athletics. If your son is one of the best chess players in the state, I bet MBA would love to have him.

• Upvote 2

Actually, MBA just might do that. It's the reason that the school is able to claim statistics like the following:

If your son is one of the best chess players in the state, I bet MBA would love to have him.

Well he is just an average chess player. Will the parents and supporters help an average young man who wants to go to MBA or does he have to be "one of the best in the state?" So CM will find a way to pay to help better than average or all students that need help? :roflol:

I don't think any kind of "Death Penalty" will be handed out. The last thing the TSSAA wants to do is deprive student athletes the opportunity to play high school football, unless there is more to the stories I have heard.

The TSSAA has been called multiple times this week by MBA to clarify if any TSSAA rules have been broken and each time the TSSAA confirmed that there have been none. So regardless of what happens at MBA or with the head coaching position, there will be zero penalties because there were no rules broken.

Unlike most of the things posted on this board. That is a FACT.

Incredible it has gotten to this point....smear campaign by one set of parents. T

TSSAA has already said no violation, no punishment, no problem.

A group of generous dads and supporters of school wanted to help a new needy family. BACK IN 2008. It has just now surfaced. Go figure. Now coaches are getting smeared. Lets move on to something else....

Roll Red

Nice post coach!

IF you have a Coach T + account, write me and I'll give you the version of events I was told...FWIW.

I don't know who that is directed to or what it means but below is what I posted earlier today on the Vanderbilt Rivals message board:

I have seen rumors all over the internet about the situation with Daniel McGugin at MBA including on this board. I wanted to stop by and give you some details on the situation to clear up some things as his name has been unjustly dragged through the mud due to misinformation and speculation.

Daniel McGugin could get fired as early as this afternoon and he has already come very close to being fired yesterday. However, if that were to happen, the firing would be because of an MBA donor named Bill Wilson that has essentially been holding the school hostage due to a grudge against Coach McGugin dating a few years back. Wilson is one of the biggest money donors to MBA and is throwing all his weight behind the firing.

As to the fireable offense. The instance dates back to 2008 when a family received money from the MBA community to help with tuition. This happens all the time at numerous institutions and it was not some illicit scheme concocted by the head coach. The TSSAA has been consulted on multiple occasions this week to look into the legality of the issue and to see if there were any infractions. They have repeatedly responded that there were no rules broken and that Coach McGugin and MBA are not in violation of any TSSAA regulations. Any action taken on Coach McGugin at this point would be based strictly on pressure from the big money folks at MBA, namely Wilson. The decision lies in the hands of Headmaster Brad Gioia.

Though I do support Coach McGugin, I'm not going to cloud this post with all of the reasons why. I just wanted to add some transparency to what is going on behind the scenes so that the rumor mill doesn't misrepresent what is happening and the driving forces behind it.

I am not hiding behind any username or message board alias. My name is Barton Simmons. I am a 2000 graduate of MBA and have close friends and family throughout the MBA program including Coach McGugin. The above information is fact.

Edited by btoch3
  • Upvote 1

I don't know who that is directed to or what it means but below is what I posted earlier today on the Vanderbilt Rivals message board:

I have seen rumors all over the internet about the situation with Daniel McGugin at MBA including on this board. I wanted to stop by and give you some details on the situation to clear up some things as his name has been unjustly dragged through the mud due to misinformation and speculation.

Daniel McGugin could get fired as early as this afternoon and he has already come very close to being fired yesterday. However, if that were to happen, the firing would be because of an MBA donor named Bill Wilson that has essentially been holding the school hostage due to a grudge against Coach McGugin dating a few years back. Wilson is one of the biggest money donors to MBA and is throwing all his weight behind the firing.

As to the fireable offense. The instance dates back to 2008 when a family received money from the MBA community to help with tuition. This happens all the time at numerous institutions and it was not some illicit scheme concocted by the head coach. The TSSAA has been consulted on multiple occasions this week to look into the legality of the issue and to see if there were any infractions. They have repeatedly responded that there were no rules broken and that Coach McGugin and MBA are not in violation of any TSSAA regulations. Any action taken on Coach McGugin at this point would be based strictly on pressure from the big money folks at MBA, namely Wilson. The decision lies in the hands of Headmaster Brad Gioia.

What not a violation?????

If tuition is charged, it must be paid by parent, bona fide guardian or other family member. If a parent,

guardian or other family member secures a loan for payment of tuition, it must remain an obligation of the parents,

guardian or other family member to repay the principle and interest in full with no exceptions.

If not a violation then why does T$$AA have this statement in the handbook???

Though I do support Coach McGugin, I'm not going to cloud this post with all of the reasons why. I just wanted to add some transparency to what is going on behind the scenes so that the rumor mill doesn't misrepresent what is happening and the driving forces behind it.

I am not hiding behind any username or message board alias. My name is Barton Simmons. I am a 2000 graduate of MBA and have close friends and family throughout the MBA program including Coach McGugin. The above information is fact.

I commend you for trying to educate the public as to what is going on @ MBA. The one question that I have is are you truly able to be objective when your sister is married to Daniel McGugin?

Edited by cbg