MBA

oblong

we all know how he left and the manner in which he made the move....i never siad that he was fired....he simply slipped away after many had stepped up to bat for him for a position that he lobbied strongly for....FRA offered him a lot...he thumbed his nose at them....it was his choice but it left an odor.....

Flash,

Bucklateral was correct in his assumption that I was not referring to your post. It in fact was the post by TnMan11 that got my attention. You and I both know that while many were upset when McGugin left FRA, there was a contegent whom felt their prayers had been answered. Can't imagine that to many of the folks at 4700 Franklin Rd. have the (young) ball coach on their Christmas Card list.

Flash,

Bucklateral was correct in his assumption that I was not referring to your post. It in fact was the post by TnMan11 that got my attention. You and I both know that while many were upset when McGugin left FRA, there was a contegent whom felt their prayers had been answered. Can't imagine that to many of the folks at 4700 Franklin Rd. have the (young) ball coach on their Christmas Card list.

Florabama, you newbie fool, did you not read my post? I am going slap the snot out of you.

No, thanks. First and foremost, I don't think FRA should be dragged into this mess and frankly took offense when TNMan11 did so with his comments. I was going to call TnMan11 on his incorrect statement about why McGugin left FRA if Florabama had not. This is an MBA matter, not an FRA matter. And I certainly don't want FRA to participate in the autosarcophagy we have witnessed by MBA supporters on this thread and the other two (The Truth and MBA Coaching Candidates) for the past week.

Second, my child did not play football at FRA. I did not attend any football practices when McGugin was there. So I cannot offer any personal parental perspective on him as a coach other than from watching football games as a spectator. I thought his teams were well prepared and that he made good on-field decisions and adjustments (BTW--I was at both the 2009 MBA playoff wins against the more talented (in my judgment) Ensworth and BA teams and thought that the MBA staff out-coached the Ensworth and BA staff in both games). My child had McGugin for history one semester and enjoyed him as a teacher.

Sorry, but if you are looking for someone to deflect this thread away from MBA, I'm not your huckleberry. I was not surprised when McGugin left for MBA. I always thought he would. When the was hired by FRA, I told a good friend of mine who was at the time on the MBA Board Athletics Committee: " Please let me me know in advance when you guys decide to hire our football coach away from us". Since I did not have a child who was directly affected by it, I also was not greatly upset when it happened.

Now let's get back on topic ...............

Dear Buck,

You are reading too much into things. I was not looking for dirt or anything from you, just your perspective giving that Coach M was at your beloved FRA. If you do not lighten up, I will have to go across town and get Bearcat out of his deep sleep to slap you around and wake you from the depths of dispair. As you know, he will be in hiding until the next wrestling season.

P.S. What is the status of Coach M? Is he still on staff, or only teaching, is he the football coach? What is going on? TSSAA made their decision based on what MBA told them. Also, has anybody seen a firing(?) asked resignation gone so wrong????? When will this fiasco end???? This has to be weird as a coach who by the paper was fired is still at MBA teaching and saying he is still the coach. I think I will watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest one more time. How much longer will the Board tolerate this type of activity and embarrassment?

Dear Buck,

You are reading too much into things. I was not looking for dirt or anything from you, just your perspective giving that Coach M was at your beloved FRA. If you do not lighten up, I will have to go across town and get Bearcat out of his deep sleep to slap you around and wake you from the depths of dispair. As you know, he will be in hiding until the next wrestling season.

P.S. What is the status of Coach M? Is he still on staff, or only teaching, is he the football coach? What is going on? TSSAA made their decision based on what MBA told them. Also, has anybody seen a firing(?) asked resignation gone so wrong????? When will this fiasco end???? This has to be weird as a coach who by the paper was fired is still at MBA teaching and saying he is still the coach. I think I will watch One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest one more time. How much longer will the Board tolerate this type of activity and embarrassment?

Whoseyourdaddy:

Please, please don't throw me in that briarpatch. Many, many mea culpas for reading too much into your question. I should have known better coming from you. Just please do not bring the Bearkitten into this. Lord knows what paths we would go down. This football crowd is not prepared to handle BCB.

I am as mystified as you about the current coaching/TSSAA status. All three threads seem to have lost track of that as Big Red supporters fought among themselves over the direction of their program. Shoot, the

MBA Coaching Candidates thread has even morphed into a " Whose Better, Alcoa or Maryville" thread. However, before you waste time trying to figure out One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest again, go over to that thread (MBA Coaching Candidates) and look at cbg's last post, I think it is No.71. He may be on to something there.

Question: Which Board are you referring to, MBA's or the TSSAA's. Either might fit your question.

Edited by BuckLateral

It has been a privilege and an honor to have worked with and watched others learn from Coach McGugin during his tenure as MBA’s head football coach. He is a passionate coach, a good man, and an asset to Montgomery Bell Academy. His teams over those years and our community have benefitted from his work. I am deeply saddened by and regret the circumstances that have led to this separation. Unfortunately in today’s society of public discussion, sports blogs, and message boards, our supportive view of Coach McGugin seems to have been lost. What results is speculation and rumor, which lead to unwarranted and, in many instances, inaccurate, publicity.â€

This is from the Tennessean. How can a Headmaster claim that sports blogs and message boards help lead to this end? If this were true, Mr. G. would be gone. This has been handled just as expected, lawyers got involved and there was a nice package for Coach M. to leave. I am convinced after watching the great "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" that I now have a sequel. I am embarrassed by these developments; however, more embarrased by the comments coming from this. If Coach M. really did nothing wrong, why is he gone?

For the record, my discussion is Mr. G. should be gone. Will this get him released like Coach M.? Only time will tell. Maybe I will drive up this weekend and stand outside his door and request this. Maybe I can stand in line with everybody else, as previously noted. As he said, public discussion and sports blogs can cost you a job.

How can a coach be let go with no penalties administered? Coach M. gets away clean? Did he know more than what is being said? Does Mr. G. know more than what is being said? Could there be more to the story or are there other skeletons in the closet? Those in the know, know!!!!

What next? Can anybody tell?

Remember, this hire was done before Coach R. was released!

The plot thickens..............

One last note, how do you let somebody go for doing nothing wrong and without being accused of anything? Is it me or does this smell? Will the Hill continue as is or will there be changes? To me, there is still at stench coming from West End and it is not from the flood of May 2010.

I have read the article again and how can somebody be released with this type of statement? Who is covering who? I am now going to cover from the wicked weather that is approaching.

Edited by hoosierdad