MBA

oblong

Be realistic....."self reporting" has absolutely nothing to do with it. Schools self report when the top is about to be blown off the entire scandal. If you commit a crime.....and turn yourself in.....are not damages still assessed?

MBA cheated.....their Head Coach cheated......He is a functioning represenative of the institution....MBA SHOULD be punished. MBA IS A CHEATER....THEY HAVE BEEN CAUGHT. IF BERNARD CHILDRESS DOES NOT ADDRESS THIS ISSUE THERE IS A GROWING FIRESTORM TO REMOVE HIM FROM HIS POSITION......

Apparently it does make a difference. Heck, Grace Christian didn't even know the rules.

I read that Mr. G has fired Coach M. I read that Coach M. states he is still the football cocah at MBA. I read that the TSSAA took the chicken s..t out of this and said there are no penalites because MBA got rid of their coach. What is it?

From what I am hearing is that Mr. G asked Coach M to resign and he declined. Coach M keeps saying he is still the football coach at MBA. How can the TSSAA give the reason for no sactions when the coach says he is still the coach? He is still at MBA!

My question is this. Who is pulling the chain?

When will this end and the hill is cleared of those who keep it down?

Only time will tell; however I believe it is time for another Board meeting to discuss this and to see if this is a 1 time occurence or not (you make the call). I bet it is not.

Who is advising Coach M on all of this? For the anwer, you might want to go back to one of the earlier post. I believe his name might be mentioned.

Edited by hoosierdad

Been in contact with RRR. I think he's much too wise to get into this skunkfight. He is alive and well.

Good to hear and I figured he was too wise to jump into the wild rank specualtion and fodder that gooes on here--particularly when it involves a school so close to his heart

I am not a fan of Coach McGugin, however, he was not fired at FRA. He left on his own accord for what was undoubtedly a better opportunity.

we all know how he left and the manner in which he made the move....i never siad that he was fired....he simply slipped away after many had stepped up to bat for him for a position that he lobbied strongly for....FRA offered him a lot...he thumbed his nose at them....it was his choice but it left an odor.....

the story in the Tennessean seems a little incomplete.....think about it! The kid comes home from school with a "cashier's check" for $1500 that he got from the "Coach" (incidentally Cashier's Checks are SIGNED)...so the parents go....great.... and go off to Walmart shopping.....If I am the dad I'm calling the "coach" before my son sits down! What coach (anywhere/anyschool) takes $1500 from some anonymous source and passes it off to a player and never asks.....a whole bunch of questions....dumb, complicit, or accomplice...hard to come up with another answer but maybe there is one if the story lines are filled in??...if this was a mistake...then the good news is there are worse and perhaps with time this will be looked upon as a tough learning experience.

the story in the Tennessean seems a little incomplete.....think about it! The kid comes home from school with a "cashier's check" for $1500 that he got from the "Coach" (incidentally Cashier's Checks are SIGNED)...so the parents go....great.... and go off to Walmart shopping.....If I am the dad I'm calling the "coach" before my son sits down! What coach (anywhere/anyschool) takes $1500 from some anonymous source and passes it off to a player and never asks.....a whole bunch of questions....dumb, complicit, or accomplice...hard to come up with another answer but maybe there is one if the story lines are filled in??...if this was a mistake...then the good news is there are worse and perhaps with time this will be looked upon as a tough learning experience.

cashiers checks are signed by a bank employee, they do not necessarily have the name of the person they are from.

we all know how he left and the manner in which he made the move....i never siad that he was fired....he simply slipped away after many had stepped up to bat for him for a position that he lobbied strongly for....FRA offered him a lot...he thumbed his nose at them....it was his choice but it left an odor.....

Flash: I don't think FloraBama was referring to you in his post. It was actually TnMan11 who said (incorrectly) that McGugin been fired at FRA (his words were "These are the same reasons he lost his job at FRA."), among other comments, to which you responded "Well, said". Florabama replied to your post, but his response was actually to what TnMan11 had stated. As you can see, Florabama is a "newbie", having just joined us, probably thinks that you must respond to posts in the order in which they are made, which vets like us know is not the case, so let's not come down on him with both feet just yet.

Flash: I don't think FloraBama was referring to you in his post. It was actually TnMan11 who said (incorrectly) that McGugin been fired at FRA (his words were "These are the same reasons he lost his job at FRA."), among other comments, to which you responded "Well, said". Florabama replied to your post, but his response was actually to what TnMan11 had stated. As you can see, Florabama is a "newbie", having just joined us, probably thinks that you must respond to posts in the order in which they are made, which vets like us know is not the case, so let's not come down on him with both feet just yet.

Oh Buck, with your vast knowledge of FRA, would you like to expand upon Coach M's time there?

Oh Buck, with your vast knowledge of FRA, would you like to expand upon Coach M's time there?

No, thanks. First and foremost, I don't think FRA should be dragged into this mess and frankly took offense when TNMan11 did so with his comments. I was going to call TnMan11 on his incorrect statement about why McGugin left FRA if Florabama had not. This is an MBA matter, not an FRA matter. And I certainly don't want FRA to participate in the autosarcophagy we have witnessed by MBA supporters on this thread and the other two (The Truth and MBA Coaching Candidates) for the past week.

Second, my child did not play football at FRA. I did not attend any football practices when McGugin was there. So I cannot offer any personal parental perspective on him as a coach other than from watching football games as a spectator. I thought his teams were well prepared and that he made good on-field decisions and adjustments (BTW--I was at both the 2009 MBA playoff wins against the more talented (in my judgment) Ensworth and BA teams and thought that the MBA staff out-coached the Ensworth and BA staff in both games). My child had McGugin for history one semester and enjoyed him as a teacher.

Sorry, but if you are looking for someone to deflect this thread away from MBA, I'm not your huckleberry. I was not surprised when McGugin left for MBA. I always thought he would. When the was hired by FRA, I told a good friend of mine who was at the time on the MBA Board Athletics Committee: " Please let me me know in advance when you guys decide to hire our football coach away from us". Since I did not have a child who was directly affected by it, I also was not greatly upset when it happened.

Now let's get back on topic ...............

Edited by BuckLateral