Maryville spring practice

You posting something from another topic shows how mature you are Space3. I'm sure no one thinks The Maryville "Rebels" are racist or living in 1861 just because they have rebel flags. Maybe a little different if your mascot isn't a Rebel. How did this have anything to do with Maryville Spring practice or Maryville football in general? :rolleyes:

It dont I just thought it was very disrespectfull someone would right this. When we dont even have rebels flags at the games...lol

You posting something from another topic shows how mature you are Space3. I'm sure no one thinks The Maryville "Rebels" are racist or living in 1861 just because they have rebel flags. Maybe a little different if your mascot isn't a Rebel. How did this have anything to do with Maryville Spring practice or Maryville football in general? :rolleyes:

Bottom line, that flag is offensive to many Americans and has no place on public school property.

It dont I just thought it was very disrespectfull someone would right this. When we dont even have rebels flags at the games...lol

Space3...If 'un yore gonna try two hi-jack a Mairvul thread.....At leest maik shore ewe git "right" spelt tha write way.....R-I-T-E..... :rolleyes:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Bottom line, that flag is offensive to many Americans and has no place on public school property.

People get the wrong idea about the rebel flag. Small minded people view it as racist because people place it with the Klan. The Klan uses the christian cross as a symbol too but we don't view that as being racist. It represented a battle flag that ment bravery and southern roots and thats why alot of people in the south still fly them. Many Southern states still fly the "Stars and Bars" at court houses and their state flags are incorporated from the Confederate Flag. Media propaganda is what gave the flag a bad name.

Space3...If 'un yore gonna try two hi-jack a Mairvul thread.....At leest maik shore ewe git "right" spelt tha write way.....R-I-T-E..... :rolleyes:

My bad STARSBARS, didnt mean to step on any toes. Thanks for the grammer lesson...lol Good luck this season. Should be a exciting season with all the great games you all will have this year. :popcorneater:

You trying to tell me what I can or can not do Is very offensive to me . Keep your politics off of this thread about Maryville spring practice . Having a Mosque at Ground Zero is ok , but as each year passes by , I'm supposed to restrain myself from Praying in Public , or wearing or waving anything that might offend anyone ..... Thank God our Fore Fathers decided that fighting for our freedom of expression was a big deal . I served my country so you could have your freedom to wear anything , wave anything , or say anything you want .... I actually hoped that I would be given this Freedom also .

AmericanBullDog, on 14 June 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

You trying to tell me what I can or can not do Is very offensive to me . Keep your politics off of this thread about Maryville spring practice . Having a Mosque at Ground Zero is ok , but as each year passes by , I'm supposed to restrain myself from Praying in Public , or wearing or waving anything that might offend anyone ..... Thank God our Fore Fathers decided that fighting for our freedom of expression was a big deal . I served my country so you could have your freedom to wear anything , wave anything , or say anything you want .... I actually hoped that I would be given this Freedom also .

dude your not the only one who has fought for freedom. and since i am free i have the right to say that the rebel flag is offensive to many americans and should not be on school property that my tax dollars pay for.

and if you dont want me talking about your rebel flag on your thread then dont bring it to the games when you play my school ! peace brother !

People get the wrong idea about the rebel flag. Small minded people view it as racist because people place it with the Klan. The Klan uses the christian cross as a symbol too but we don't view that as being racist. It represented a battle flag that ment bravery and southern roots and thats why alot of people in the south still fly them. Many Southern states still fly the "Stars and Bars" at court houses and their state flags are incorporated from the Confederate Flag. Media propaganda is what gave the flag a bad name.

people have enough sense to know when they are offened, thank you...

AmericanBullDog, on 14 June 2011 - 11:21 PM, said:

dude your not the only one who has fought for freedom. and since i am free i have the right to say that the rebel flag is offensive to many americans and should not be on school property that my tax dollars pay for.

and if you dont want me talking about your rebel flag on your thread then dont bring it to the games when you play my school ! peace brother !

Edited by Skookem