Maryville spring practice

I was talking to a Mountaineer fan and they said they had heard there were a few Admirals transferring to Heritage. I don't like to spread or propagate rumors, so don't take this as a fact, but does anyone have any info about this?

RR....Knott sayin' hit ain't so....Butt eye ain't hurd that....Altho tha seenry iz purty and Brandon Waters iz a good coach... :thumb:

Ok, i have no horse in this race, but this here is the bottom line. The Civil War was started over slavery, whether anybody here wants to admit to that or not..It is not politically correct, but oh so true. The rebel flag STANDS for slavery to A LOT of people, and although it is anybody's right to fly it since this is a free country, still doesn't make it right! It is offensive to Black Americans all over this country, and people KNOW that, so why would you still fly it? It is called respect for others. People that do this, you should put yourself in others shoes, and see how you would feel if YOU were in there shoes. Think about that for a second. And by the way, i am a white man. It is time to move past this, especially when most of the people in this area that are from here your forefathers more then likely didn't even fight for the south. East Tn was PRO UNION. SO, unless you have traced your ancestral history and have proof that your forefather fought for the rebels, your heritage stance doesn't really stand at all. Bottom line is respect for others, not freedom of speech. If you think the rebel flag doesnt have racial overtones to it then you are sadly blinded by the facts. Sorry, just my 2 cents worth, dont mean to offend anybody, just merely speaking the truth. This is The united States and we should be proud to fly the American Flag, not that flag, it means nothing to nobody anymore, excpet a select few who can't get over the past!

Wrong. Your "bottom line" must have been taught to you by a Northern school teacher. sad. If the War between the States started in 1861 and Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, So, your "The Civil War was started over slavery"

is off by two years. Now, go learn for yourself what this war was REALLY about!

"Every man should endeavor to understand the meaning of subjugation before it is too late... It means the history of this heroic struggle will be written by the enemy; that our youth will be trained by Northern schoolteachers; will learn from Northern school books their version of the war; will be impressed by the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and our maimed veterans as fit objects for derision... It is said slavery is all we are fighting for, and if we give it up we give up all. Even if this were true, which we deny, slavery is not all our enemies are fighting for. It is merely the pretense to establish sectional superiority and a more centralized form of government, and to deprive us of our rights and liberties."

--- Maj. General Patrick R. Cleburne, CSA, January 1864

Edited by BCsportsfan

Wrong. Your "bottom line" must have been taught to you by a Northern school teacher. sad. If the War between the States started in 1861 and Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, So, your "The Civil War was started over slavery"

is off by two years. Now, go learn for yourself what this war was REALLY about!

"Every man should endeavor to understand the meaning of subjugation before it is too late... It means the history of this heroic struggle will be written by the enemy; that our youth will be trained by Northern schoolteachers; will learn from Northern school books their version of the war; will be impressed by the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors, and our maimed veterans as fit objects for derision... It is said slavery is all we are fighting for, and if we give it up we give up all. Even if this were true, which we deny, slavery is not all our enemies are fighting for. It is merely the pretense to establish sectional superiority and a more centralized form of government, and to deprive us of our rights and liberties."

--- Maj. General Patrick R. Cleburne, CSA, January 1864

Ok Teach,

I was simply stating my opinion on the matter, i am entitled to my opinion just like you are yours. Of course not ever man in the south was fighting for slavery. Most of the southerners who died were poor kids who were defending there homeland. Of course they weren't fighting for slavery. The rich southern politicians are the ones who wanted slavery, cause they were the ones making FORTUNES off of it. Heck, Nathan Bedford Forrest was practically a multi millionaire cause of slavery. You here to tell me he wasn't fighting for slavery? HA! you bet your bottom dollar he was buddy.

Ok Teach,

I was simply stating my opinion on the matter, i am entitled to my opinion just like you are yours. Of course not ever man in the south was fighting for slavery. Most of the southerners who died were poor kids who were defending there homeland. Of course they weren't fighting for slavery. The rich southern politicians are the ones who wanted slavery, cause they were the ones making FORTUNES off of it. Heck, Nathan Bedford Forrest was practically a multi millionaire cause of slavery. You here to tell me he wasn't fighting for slavery? HA! you bet your bottom dollar he was buddy.

No need for opinions. There is ton of facts in print of the time. It is time for you to learn for yourself the truths that will surface if you just dig a little.

Example: Look at the Government compiled census for 1859. You may will find it surprising that the "Big Industry" of the North used More slave labor than the "rich southern plantation owner" The census has the actual numbers. Simply read and learn.

another example: Lincoln the great emancipator? In his campaign debate with Douglas,

quote Lincoln: "I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

-- September 18, 1858 - Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois

And what did Lincoln's Proclamation do? President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, as the nation approached its third year of bloody civil war. The proclamation declared "that all persons held as slaves" within the rebellious states "are, and henceforward shall be free."

Despite this expansive wording, the Emancipation Proclamation was limited in many ways. It applied only to states that had seceded from the Union, leaving slavery untouched in the loyal border states. It also expressly exempted parts of the Confederacy that had already come under Northern control. Most important, the freedom it promised depended upon Union military victory.

So, if Lincoln was attacking the south, way did his proclamation NOT free slaves in the Northern states? Hmmmmm.

It is time for you to learn the truths and stop repeating your opinion that was born of lies.

No need for opinions. There is ton of facts in print of the time. It is time for you to learn for yourself the truths that will surface if you just dig a little.

Example: Look at the Government compiled census for 1859. You may will find it surprising that the "Big Industry" of the North used More slave labor than the "rich southern plantation owner" The census has the actual numbers. Simply read and learn.

another example: Lincoln the great emancipator? In his campaign debate with Douglas,

quote Lincoln: "I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races - that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything."

-- September 18, 1858 - Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois

And what did Lincoln's Proclamation do? President Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation on January 1, 1863, as the nation approached its third year of bloody civil war. The proclamation declared "that all persons held as slaves" within the rebellious states "are, and henceforward shall be free."

Despite this expansive wording, the Emancipation Proclamation was limited in many ways. It applied only to states that had seceded from the Union, leaving slavery untouched in the loyal border states. It also expressly exempted parts of the Confederacy that had already come under Northern control. Most important, the freedom it promised depended upon Union military victory.

So, if Lincoln was attacking the south, way did his proclamation NOT free slaves in the Northern states? Hmmmmm.

It is time for you to learn the truths and stop repeating your opinion that was born of lies.

Ok, not saying none of that is true, not here to argue with you. If all this is true though why is there not slavery anymore? If the south woulda won do you think there would still be slavery? Honest question...There probably wouldnt be for the simple fact that blacks eventually would have revolted. But, would there still be slavery if your good ol southern boy woulda won? Yall need to get over it, the south got whipped..move on..it is all relative anyways