Pickett County Basketball

Play 4 Fun

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its just a rumor and i have no clue how much is behind it but I heard he was going to be assistant at Stone? Just curious if anyone else heard the same or what? I dont see him assisting anywhere, he's way too good of a coach to be assistant unless its college level. Just curious if there is anything to the rumor.

its just a rumor and i have no clue how much is behind it but I heard he was going to be assistant at Stone? Just curious if anyone else heard the same or what? I dont see him assisting anywhere, he's way too good of a coach to be assistant unless its college level. Just curious if there is anything to the rumor.

Zija

I have tremendous respect for Coach Bibb! My grandpa never missed a home Tech game when Mr. Bibb was a player and I was fortunate enough to watch him at Tennessee Tech. Was not so fortunate to have to play against his teams. Since graduating, have had the opportunity to become acquainted with him. One of the nicest guys you could ever meet. Always goes out of his way to speak to you. With that said, whoever gets this guy for a coach will be landing themselves a fine fine coach! He's so passionate about the game. He can take a team with the least amount of talent and turn them into winners. I always used to ask him, "How's ball looking this year Mr. Bibb?" and he'd reply "Gonna be tough, we got a bunch of young guys. We will be lucky to win 10 games." And those teams always seem to find their way to the district/region champ games. Very fine man and PC will miss him dearly! Good luck to Mr. Bibb where ever he may go.

Greg not looking for coaching job he is in a business and it was taking a lot of his time and he makes a lot more doing that than teaching and coaching.He loved the kids at PC and would have stayed there if he wanted to coach.He has a lot of talent returning so he didn't leace the cubbard bare.

• 2 weeks later...

Pickett Co. is still looking for a coach. Several have applied, but I think they are looking for the right fit and so far haven't found one. Joseph Amonett is taking the kids to camp the next two weeks but is only filling in for camps. This is still a premier job, so someone is gonna land in a gold mine, of a coaching job with all of the talent PC will have the next couple of years. As someone else said, Bibb isn't looking for coaching jobs, he is big into this "Zija" stuff and decided to pursue it instead of coaching and teaching.

Pickett Co. is still looking for a coach. Several have applied, but I think they are looking for the right fit and so far haven't found one. Joseph Amonett is taking the kids to camp the next two weeks but is only filling in for camps. This is still a premier job, so someone is gonna land in a gold mine, of a coaching job with all of the talent PC will have the next couple of years. As someone else said, Bibb isn't looking for coaching jobs, he is big into this "Zija" stuff and decided to pursue it instead of coaching and teaching.

Any news on this job? Its been open for a while now.

• 2 weeks later...