Smyrna Coaches

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are some names for replacements for the coaching staff? Losing 8 coaches is tough but you would think they would want to hire quick so they can get their new coaching staff together to help push the guys during summer workouts.

Some of them where in place during spring practice. Dont know their names. i believe one is from Blackman and another is from Austin Peay. I can't confirm this but i have heard that Coleman is the running for defensive coordinator and he is the strength coach. Childs is the O/C. Just rumors at this point.

2 coaches headed to Coffee County

Evidently the new HC there is bringing in good folks from proven programs he knows from his time here in Rutherford County.

Given good support from the administration and the boosters, Coffee County may be a program to be wary of in the future.

Glad Smyrna is finally getting a decent weight room. The prior improvements by Coach Wyant was a good start, but it was not up to the standards of other schools in the county.

Good luck to the coaches heading to Coffee County. They will get to deal with Red Raider for Life and they will need it. Lots of good folk up that way and very loyal posters . Hope they get enough coaches to fill their roster. Gone are the days where staffs like RHS had 30 crusing on the sidelines. I think we are starting to see a shortage. Lots of the young guys can't take the long hrs and the flack you get for what you do or don't do these days.

hope he does well...different level of football. However, it is a weaker region. However, I would think it is a huge pay cut. Good luck.

You are absolutely correct al the way around, however, for some reason there is a lot or activity seemingly going on at the school in a number of sports. Maybe theres an increase in enrollment, an increase in growth or some other reason but the school is finding athletic interest in a number of areas. Maybe a weaker Region equals newfound strength and interest but what you say is true.

You are absolutely correct al the way around, however, for some reason there is a lot or activity seemingly going on at the school in a number of sports. Maybe theres an increase in enrollment, an increase in growth or some other reason but the school is finding athletic interest in a number of areas. Maybe a weaker Region equals newfound strength and interest but what you say is true.

Yankees pushing the native Tennesseans south. Not a problem as I love selling them land here for BIG dollars. Keeps both us and the IRS happy. :thumb:

May be a weak Region but with the changes at CC and Lincoln County, it will get stronger and harder to win. Will be interesting to see what the other teams in the Region does to compete or will they let one or two dominate.